A "friend" thinks it's funny...

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
A "friend" of mine decided to out me to my entire office and made up a bunch of ugly lies to boot. Seems he's the emotional equivalent of a 3-year old (although that may be a bit too insulting to 3-year olds). It was upsetting at first only because I didn't realize why everyone else was acting strangely toward me (he was such a greasy chicken-shit that he continued to pretend to be my friend to my face) but once the whole thing blew up and everyone who mattered realized what a douche he is, I got over it. Now it's a relief not to feel like I'm hiding the fact that I'm bi! With the added bonus of not having to deal with a high-maintenance friendship with someone I had lost all respect for long before it blew up. He actually did me quite a favor on at least a couple levels.

My advice is to ignore the bastard. He's probably just doing it to get a rise out of you anyway. People like this are miserable losers with zero self-esteem and do what they can to try and drag everyone down with them. They aren't worth the time it's taking to even take them into consideration.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Assuming you've made it very clear, no joking around, that you need him to stop . . .

I wouldn't tolerate anyone who didn't respect me or respect my privacy enough to abide by clearly defined boundaries. Much less would I consider him a "friend", even in quotation marks.

He's a self-centered ass. Be done with him once and for all.

Last edited:

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
He's no friend of yours if he does not respect your boundaries and privacy.

What you could do is out yourself to a bunch of mutual friends and acquaintances. If you out yourself, he can't do it for you. You have more control over the situation when you tell your real friends than if he talks behind your back.

You can also out him. Let his friends know what he says about you - and be as specific as possible. You can bet your bottom dollar that some of his friends would not want him hanging about because they would not want him dissing them behind their backs.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A person that uses something intimate about yourself, that you trusted him with that, cause you tought he was your friend, its not worth to keep that friendship, real friends just dont do that

joe bltsflk

Experimental Member
Media
"Just because someone tells you something, does that give you the right to tell everyone and their mother?"

Maybe not the right, but certainly the opportunity. About the only thing I remember about George Orwell's book 1984 is the line, "I betrayed you." A good policy might be, "Don't tell, don't tell."

RalDudeHangin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had a friend very similar to this a few years back, who did similar things to what you're describing. We also 'broke up' and 'made up' many times before i realised that things weren't going to change. If breaking off a worthwhile friendship isn't deterring your 'friend' or showing him the error of his ways, then maybe it's time to call it a day.
In retrospect, i do miss my ex-friend and have moments of nostalgia for the good times, but they were just too few and far between to warrant the kind of abuse that was being dished out. You deserve better than this!

^^^^

This.

hctib1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"Yes, ever since you sucked my dick, I'm now bi"

I think everyone's advice in this situation was great but I guess, being the bitch and smartass that I am, I'd probably go with this exact comment every time he says anything about you being bi........after all it's quick, simple, and places him in the same boat as you as long as you can say it with a straight face

D

deleted556573

A "friend" of mine decided to out me to my entire office and made up a bunch of ugly lies to boot. Seems he's the emotional equivalent of a 3-year old (although that may be a bit too insulting to 3-year olds). It was upsetting at first only because I didn't realize why everyone else was acting strangely toward me (he was such a greasy chicken-shit that he continued to pretend to be my friend to my face) but once the whole thing blew up and everyone who mattered realized what a douche he is, I got over it. Now it's a relief not to feel like I'm hiding the fact that I'm bi! With the added bonus of not having to deal with a high-maintenance friendship with someone I had lost all respect for long before it blew up. He actually did me quite a favor on at least a couple levels.

My advice is to ignore the bastard. He's probably just doing it to get a rise out of you anyway. People like this are miserable losers with zero self-esteem and do what they can to try and drag everyone down with them. They aren't worth the time it's taking to even take them into consideration.

I got outed at work, too. It wasn't by a "friend", it was by a sleazy, spineless co-worker who always acted like he was such a great "friend", even though I never trusted him. I'm not one to flaunt my sexuality, as you'd never know I am gay if you met me in person. However, this a**hole found out about me, and decided it was his job to inform everyone in my department about me. Luckily, I live in Seattle, and the "office crew" is at the corporate headquarters in the midwest, so I didn't have to deal with the awkwardness. Unfortunately, when other techs visited my area, they were heavily harrassed by other supervisors and co-workers in my department, ESPECIALLY if they had dinner with me while up here. I wondered why techs were no longer calling me when in town. It took one good friend that I'd worked with for many years to tell me what was going on, and the things that were said behind my back. It really hurt me to have the respect of people that I'd worked with for MANY years, suddenly make me the butt of their jokes, and to completely lose whatever respect I thought I'd gained from them. I never brought my personal life into work, but it took the audacity of this spineless prick to force me into a very awkward situation that I should have never had to deal with in the first place. The funny thing is, not one word was EVER said to me directly, by any of this jerks. This situation, unfortunately, led me up to the point of resigning. My resignation shook the foundation of my department, and my manager was made VERY aware of the reasons I opted to leave. I still keep in touch with some people that I worked with, and even though this happened months ago, it's still talked about.

The one thing my manager did encourage me to do was to confront the jackass that outed me. I told him I would wait until I'd been separated from the company for at least 6 months, then I would confront him face to face the next time I'm in town. I intend to do just that, but I'm also going to throw in a little bit of public humiliation of him amongst his co-workers, so everyone around there knows what kind of a piece of trash he really is. He won't have much respect left amongst his peers when they find out he was entirely behind my reason to leave. Perhaps this is a bit retaliatory, and somewhat juvenile, but I've never had this sort of embarrassment and humiliation take place through no fault of my own. Quite frankly, I'm tired of being the "bigger man" and letting things go.

The one thing I CAN say is that I did have the respect of many folks outside of my department, and now that they all know about my sexual orientation, I've had nothing but support from 99% of them.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think everyone's advice in this situation was great but I guess, being the bitch and smartass that I am, I'd probably go with this exact comment every time he says anything about you being bi........after all it's quick, simple, and places him in the same boat as you as long as you can say it with a straight face

I'd add to it "... and you know, you were so good at it, how could I not be bi? It was obvious you have some experience". But I like to twist the knife after putting it in :p

Alem0909

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I say kick the hell out of him and then add "yep, a gay guy just beat you", and then ask if anyone else has a problem with your sexuality. I think it'll be the last time he ever messes with you.

youngdumbfullofcum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
to out me. I've recently been coming as out as bi. I tried to avoid telling him(because I knew he would be a douche and hang it over my head), but someone slipped it to him. Lately, he's been telling people without my permission.

He will ask me if I'm bisexual in front of others. I don't want to lie but if I do, he's just gonna tell anyway, so I get it over with. Throughout this process, he laughs and grins and I get bothered with that.

When I ask him why he's doing this, he says,

"But dude, you told me."

and one time,

"I'm trying to accept you."

This has got to be the most bizarre logic I've ever heard. Just because someone tells you something, does that give you the right to tell everyone and their mother? And the second one just makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I think I know why he's doing this though: He's admitted he likes to mess with me. I just don't think he understands how serious this is and how mean that is. I just really want him to stop and I want to know how I would do that.

~ How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. ~

Last edited:

tallblondviking

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He is a douche - drop him, but tell him why. Even if he won't change his ways you will have been the better person and in giving the reasons for severing the relationship are giving him the final option...change or be cut off.

Life is too short to waste it on unhealthy relationships. You deserve better!

Saaga

Experimental Member
Media
I could see that being the case. I think that some people are programmed to lash out against self-identifying truths that they are not strong enough to admin. Given that the OP came out as bi to a 'trusted friend' and the 'friend' is lashing out by telling everyone, he could be gauging society's reactions to being 'bi' while feeling out the interest of the OP.

However, I wouldn't consider the guy a 'friend' in the least. I hold a similar view towards those who do 'gay bashing' or are 'homophobic.' The behavior, in my opinion, is not an explicit disagreement with the act, but rather an attempt to deny some internal identification with the act.

^^^ Agreed.

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Google Toxic Friendships .... this is what you have with him. It happened once with me and was painful to end. Whatever you do, do not be friends with this man, he does not care about you AT ALL.
Also.. be strong and just man up and out yourself.. Being gay or bi is no ones business but you and your partners. If someone has an issue with it, they give you tacit permission to be, at the very least, verbally aggressive toward them. The more you fight this kind of discrimination, the more free you will be.

Last edited:

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He will ask me if I'm bisexual in front of others.
"Why do you ask? Do you want to have sex with me?"
If he says "No",
"Then why do you care?"
"I'm trying to accept you."
That is so fucking patronising and unaccepting!
"If you have to try, you can bloody well try with someone else."

My experience is that guys who have a big issue with homosexuality are invariably trembling on the brink, if they haven't already fallen off. If they want help with their coming-out issues, they can ask you honestly, not with crap like this.