A "Gay Bar" for Islam near Ground Zero?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Aug 17, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

If the "issue" surrounding the Islamic Community Center near Ground Zero wasn't enough...

Greg Gutfeld from Fox News’ Red Eye announced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial "mosque" being built near Ground Zero in New York. The bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. He claims that this is being done to "break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world".

Greg Gutfeld | Gutfeld Gay Bar | Ground Zero Mosque | Mediaite

The motives of Gutfield are pretty obvious and rather disgusting if you ask me. Homosexuality isn't viewed favorably by any particular religion. He targets Islam unfairly in this case, ignoring the fact that he is Catholic and how the majority of homophobic attacks in this country are committed by so-called "Christians" and "Catholics". However, nobody ever thought about building a gay bar next to the two churches within walking and viewing distance of Ground Zero when someone was gay bashed in New York. Not even Gutfield who is now getting sadistic kicks out of pretending to be a civil rights activist for the gay community. Please. :rolleyes:

From my standpoint, Gutfield is just as bad as all of the other religious bigots trying to play on people's fears and resentment to cause hysteria over absolutely nothing. But by all means, if he wants to waste his money and build a gay bar next to this Muslim community center to "make a statement" then let him do it. With all of the options gay men (regardless of race) have in New York for nightlife, Gutfield would learn very quickly that his investment would fall faster than our economy under the previous administration. Stupid people need to be given enough rope to hang themselves. Besides, I like the idea of having another dishonest, political fool to laugh at. Let's just hope that this is proven to be nothing but hot air being blown by the folks at Faux, and not a real business venture.

#1 B_VinylBoy, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. Preakness

Preakness Member

I doubt he is 'actively speaking to investors'. I would need some actual evidence of that first since he hosts a satirical news show and I assume doesnt know anything about running a gay bar :dunno:

Although he does talk quite a bit about criticising people for pussying out of doing something because they get some Islamic extremist threats. So I guess he would be walking the walk, or whatever, if he went through with it.

And arent there like 3 gay bars near this place already?

3. houtx48

Gold Member

He like the rest of Faux News are confusing fantasy and presenting it as fact. A little self promoting make himself look good.

4. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Lets be careful here.

I highly doubt anyone here is against the protection of homosexuals from Islamic prejudices, as much as any other prejudice.

Whats sick about this, is that it has been done for nothing more than self promotion. I would be in full favour if it was the community centre itself or another islamic organisation proposed it.

All we need in the world is another WASP interferring in issues that are not his issue.

5. Guardian100

Guardian100 Member

Will it make any money? I mean will people actually go? If it doesn't it will just close. I hope it does become a success and it does break down those barriers. Turkey is a muslim country which embraces homosexuality, I think it's one of the few where it's not a crime to be gay so who knows the bar might work out!

6. DevonTexas

DevonTexas Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Everyone keeps preaching about the lack of 'tolerance' from America yet, the real tolerance needs to come from the Muslim community. They bomb each other's Mosque's for frekin sake..

7. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bit unusual. Can understand an all-faith gay bar near Ground Zero, instead of a mosque...but an Islam-only gay bar, seems to be putting up a new barrier, under the pretext of dismantling another one. :/

Does anyone like my 'Gay Bar for German Nationalists Only' near the Temple Dome, idea?

#7 Joll, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  8. D_Andreas Sukov

"But they did this first...."

Its a similar argument.

9. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmmm, that's odd. I know quite a few Muslims and none of them have ever bombed anyone.

10. D_Everette Hunglungfish

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to be gay in Turkey - one of the main stumbling blocks to them joining the EU.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Correction... the REAL tolerance needs to come from people REGARDLESS of their religion. That includes you. Do you think nobody has ever bombed or burned down a Christian or Catholic church in this country? Hell, ever think that some Catholic or Christian zealot hasn't tried to bomb a mosque in the United States? Think again.

3 charged in connection with blaze at black church - The Boston Globe
    FBI Finds Pipe Bomb Used in Blast at Jacksonville, Fla., Mosque

And please, don't bother trying to count how many were done to try and justify such an parochial ideal. No sense in demanding anyone to be more accepting of difference when you display intolerance yourself.

#11 B_VinylBoy, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  12. DevonTexas

Albums:
    Meh... There is a suicide bombing each and every day from Muslims. There's no way to win the argument here because people want to believe what they want to believe.

I am tolerant. Build a freaking church for Satan if you want. The bottom line is that any religion creates animosity between people. You can already read it here...

13. D_Andreas Sukov

And there is a child abused everyday by a catholic priest, and theres a Palestinian killed everyday by a jew, Yet we dont look down on an entire religion by an action of a few, even if that few is the very institution of that religion.

There your meh.

14. DevonTexas

Albums:
    And they are all doing this in the name of their religion? That is the question. Not justifying it. Just asking. I'm sure there's plenty atheists that rape little kids to. Doing it in the name of your religion... because your god said to... that's a big difference.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Without validated links to supporting evidence, blind assumptions like this are not welcome in this thread.

16. DevonTexas

Albums:
    Huh? I'm making a statement here about motivation. Don't be stupid.

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And your ridiculous comments about a Muslim suicide bombing happening everyday with no factual evidence, combined with your feeble minded demand that some kind of tolerance needs to be displayed by the Muslim community first, isn't generated by a similar yet opposing discriminative motivation? Yeah, I thought so.

Do yourself a favor and think before you type. Don't soil my thread with your ignorance. :rolleyes:

18. DevonTexas

Albums:
    A psychologist would call this "projecting" ...

Thanks. I'll leave you be in your little thread now.. take care.

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

My life partner is one, and he doesn't see it that way at all. But thanks for the false diagnosis. Also, there's no need to take a stance that all religion is bad when you directly target one religion (being Islam) more than others. Your actions in this and other threads don't measure up to your words around here.

Good riddance. Start your own threads with veiled religious intolerance if you want to (at your own peril).

20. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    How close is the Mosque gna be to Ground Zero, btw?

Someone said it was about 2 blocks away, but not sure what distance that equates to. If it's any closer than 1 mile, I'd think it was unnecessarily insensitive (and provocative?). There's plenty of places mosques can be built; building one in such close proximity to a terrorist atrocity associated with militant Islam, is not a great idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted