Verification
View
Last edited:

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was just being cute, but I guess I am a little bit scared of black people when I'm alone in unfamiliar areas of the city? The thing is, though, I am just as (or more) scared of white people who dress "black" in the same sort of situation. What does that mean? I've also never been scared of a well-dressed black person that I can remember.

Brown people- you mean Arabs? Don't scare me at all.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't get the whole "scared that his middle name's 'Hussein'" thing. I think a lot of people are more contemptuous of middle-eastern culture than scared. I just think it kind of sucks (the middle east)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was just being cute, but I guess I am a little bit scared of black people when I'm alone in unfamiliar areas of the city? The thing is, though, I am just as (or more) scared of white people who dress "black" in the same sort of situation. What does that mean? I've also never been scared of a well-dressed black person that I can remember.

Brown people- you mean Arabs? Don't scare me at all.

Watson I've got it!! You're not scared of brown people, you're scared of poor/urban people. No need to throw that Hussein in there, Obama goes to country clubs now, not ghetto basketball courts.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't get the whole "scared that his middle name's 'Hussein'" thing. I think a lot of people are more contemptuous of middle-eastern culture than scared. I just think it kind of sucks (the middle east)

Precisely the point of the article. No telling how many think Obama is somehow associated with middle eastern culture merely because of his middle name.

It's almost surprising how easily people are duped, in an age where you'd think information (the correct information) is so readily available. Of course it goes without saying that some want to believe the worst because it gives them an excuse for not voting for someone they'd have never voted for in the first place.

By believing the lies they can rationalize the kind of thinking that amounts to "we're not ready for him yet" anyway. And the Republican Party are experts at exploiting and tapping into the lowest forms of fears and prejudices.

Given that maybe we aren't ready for him (Obama). Maybe in the next 200 years...maybe never.

The pictures in the slide show, however, I think show a clearer picture of the story of Mr. Obama. For those who want to open their eyes and see.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not sure what your point might be because both links go to the same article. Does the thought of a "semi-black" president terrify folks in "flag city", Ohio? I'm sure it does.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm not sure what your point might be because both links go to the same article. Does the thought of a "semi-black" president terrify folks in "flag city", Ohio? I'm sure it does.

look again, the second link refers to the slide show "A Call to Serve" found in the lower right corner of the same page. I found no way to directly link to the pictures.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
look again, the second link refers to the slide show "A Call to Serve" found in the lower right corner of the same page. I found no way to directly link to the pictures.

I found the pictures and they conform to the bio of Obama I've always believed true. I'm not certain what the "two Obama" dichotomy actually refers to. One is a number of (mostly white) people who can't get beyond his race, the other is the man: poised and ready.

But it's the same guy.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I found the pictures and they conform to the bio of Obama I've always believed true. I'm not certain what the "two Obama" dichotomy actually refers to. One is a number of (mostly white) people who can't get beyond his race, the other is the man: poised and ready.

But it's the same guy.

Precisely.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a good little story/piece on what Obama faces from people that cling to their guns and their religion in the face of change ? The people on the campaign trail going door to door, I feel for them, they might as well be the equivalents of political Jehovah's Witnesses ?

What I'm frightened of is a politician that's going to spin an uphill battle that has no plan to curb all the things we've come to experience in day to day dealings as life in America in 2008. Pulling out of Iraq sounds wonderful, but is it really wise or prudent ?

BTW, here's more news that perhaps Bush can get it right on occasion.

Hour Two: N. Korea Destroys Nuclear Tower : NPR

North Korea destroys reactor tower - North Korea - MSNBC.com

Who know's maybe their doing it knowing Bush is at the end of his reign ?

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah but I am also partial to infuriated democrats so I ask again, are you talking about Barack Hussein Osama?

Of ccourse he is. By injecting a middle name that would otherwise be left out, are you expressing a general contemption for what it represents or the notion that he should be associated with what that represents. This is bigotry 101. I wanna know how it works and how it's disguised it so I know what to look for.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
His muslim father.

I know that doesn't make him a muslim (well, I mean, in the eyes of traditional muslims, the son of a muslim is a muslim but whatever, I'm not a muslim) but it IS a connection. I'd like to see you deny that, and I'm sure it's just what I will see.

SO- his middle name is NOT the only connection.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry. Hi middle name is the only connection. Realize that religion is simply a group of ideals. Then . with a straight face and sound mind , try to rationally say to yourself that , because his name was given to him by his African father , he automatically suscribes to those ideals. Religion is not genetic.

Hussein is not an Islamic name. It is a middle eastern name. Islam just happens to be the dominant religion in the middle east , as christianity is in the US.

If anything , he's more "American" ( I always found that one silly) than most of the people who are bigoted towards him because of his name and his father's religion. He was raised by his mother and grandmother in the "heartland". He busted his ass to get to Law School , then went back to the inner city to work with citizens. Sounds elitist huh?

If he was a Muslim he would be going to a mosque. Not a baptist church on the southside of the windy city. You ever seen him wearing a kuffy ?

Let's stop for a minute and ask ourselves :

What if , in other countries , Christianity was characterized by it's radicals and fanatics in the same manner of middle eastern Muslims? Let's say that when people in other countries hear christianity , they automatically think about David Koresh and Jim jones and the People's Church.

Unfortunately , people don't want to hear a clear , concise message from a straight shooter. They want to hear some excessively contrived rhetoric from some reticent panderer.

People would rather get their "news" and information from some dogmatic character like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly (sp?) who hang on to every vestige of his names so called "connection" with Islam.

Sad.