A Good Indicator That He Might Be Gay...

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
1. His ipod is loaded up with Celine Dion or Mariah Carey. Or techno/trance/house mixes. Or showtunes.

2. He starts a conversation about that hideous Rodarte gown Reese Witherspoon wore to the Oscars. And he is too well-versed on the new Dolce and Gabbana product line.

3. He name-drops gourmet and foreign foods... Crêpes Suzette, Lobster Thermidor, madeleines., black truffle-stuffed brie... He owns a Jell-O mold.

4. He knows the character names of far too many of the desperate housewives on Wisteria Lane.

5. He is too detailed in color descriptions, and knows obscure clothing catalogue colors: ecru, taupe, mauve, fuchsia, chartreuse, lilac, periwinkle, salmon, raw sienna.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hells --- How many straight guys refer to the color of their button-down shirt as "periwinkle" or "salmon"?
Periwinkle..maybe not but salmon fer sure. I guess the str8 guys that like shellfish would be more likely to mention periwinkle. Esp if it was their last name. :rolleyes: But I live in NYC and know alot of str8 guys in the fashioon industry and those terms just roll off their lips b/c they deal w/those names all the time all day long.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Periwinkle..maybe not but salmon fer sure. I guess the str8 guys that like shellfish would be more likely to mention periwinkle. Esp if it was their last name. :rolleyes: But I live in NYC and know alot of str8 guys in the fashioon industry and those terms just roll off their lips b/c they deal w/those names all the time all day long.

No, I think Wiltom is right. I would be more apt to say something is salmon colored but only because I love salmon. I am aware of all of those other colors he mentioned but I am sure I have never used them in a complete sentence. I know about the organism called periwinkle, but I have no idea what color the word applies to.

Your fashion guys are an exception, I am sure. But also keep in mind that I am an old guy, so the answer might be different if you asked my heterosexual, but somewhat metrosexual college age son. I might just be an ignorant old guy who no longer represents what it means to be cluelessly heterosexual when it comes to color and design.

Oh, I do watch Project Runway pretty regularly. I enjoy the straight and gay contestants, but none of the gay-itude actually rubs off on me. No, wait, I probably use the world "fierce" more now. But we all have to admit that Christopher is special in his ability to be infectious.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1. His ipod is loaded up with Celine Dion or Mariah Carey. Or techno/trance/house mixes. Or showtunes.

Yeah see? I have no interest in Celine Dion and I only like the pre-Diva Mariah Carey stuff. She was a stone fox at the time of her first album and her talent was astonishing and brilliant. Its not that I don't appreciate the performance art aspects of people like Cher and Lady Gaga. In fact, after her recent SNL appearance I am an avid Gaga fan both for her talent, her engaging personality and stage presence, and her wacky performance art stuff.

I still think I fail the test, though. My wife likes Gaga for the very same reason.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Hells, this was just a stupid thread indicating in general what things might set off your gaydar.

Any man mentioning (or wearing) the color "chartreuse" triggers your gaydar.

Any man mentioning Michael Bublé in general triggers your gaydar.

Any man humming from Stephen Sondheim's "Follies" or "Sunday in the Park with George" triggers your gaydar.

Or drinking a caramel macchiato with whipped cream.

Here's an example.

A few months ago, you & I were discussing Olivia Newton-John's repertoire (including "Magic" and "Xanadu") and you made the declaritive statement --

"There are no cheesey Olivia songs!""

which makes one's gaydar go off like alarm bells.

Last edited:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any man mentioning (or wearing) the color "chartreuse" triggers your gaydar.

Any man mentioning Michael Bublé in general triggers your gaydar.

Any man humming from Stephen Sondheim's "Follies" or "Sunday in the Park with George" triggers your gaydar

...Any man who's seen "The Wizard Of Oz", "Myra Breckinridge", or "Valley Of The Dolls" more than a few times each triggers Your gaydar.

Any man who's single past age 40 triggers Your gaydar.

Any man who's record collection contains titles by Bernadette Peters, John Barrowman, Pet Shop Boys, Dame Shirley Bassey, or Scissor Sisters triggers Your gaydar.

Any man who owns a Cher doll triggers Your gaydar.

Any man even remotely familiar with names like Joseph Sayers, Michael Churchill, Levi Poulter, or Rusty Joiner triggers Your gaydar.

Any man who squees at the mere mention of the name "Mrs. Brolin" triggers Your gaydar.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

2. He starts a conversation about that hideous Rodarte gown Reese Witherspoon wore to the Oscars. And he is too well-versed on the new Dolce and Gabbana product line.

3. He name-drops gourmet and foreign foods... Crêpes Suzette, Lobster Thermidor, madeleines., black truffle-stuffed brie... He owns a Jell-O mold.

4. He knows the character names of far too many of the desperate housewives on Wisteria Lane.

5. He is too detailed in color descriptions, and knows obscure clothing catalogue colors: ecru, taupe, mauve, fuchsia, chartreuse, lilac, periwinkle, salmon, raw sienna.

Crap, according to this I'm officially straight!

Media

6. He can recommend at leat two good wild crafted organic lotions for knee calouses from giving way too many blow jobs in the dressing room at Armani Exchange.

This is unbelievable. I don't know half this stuff and I am gay. LOL

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
How anyone listens to trance/house/techno is the more important thing here.

In fact no self respecting queer would listen to Trance anymore, and only americans and guys who drive appallingly pimped cheap cars who live in Essex or Munich listen to or call anything "Techno" anymore.

Elderly references people.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
6. He can recommend at leat two good wild crafted organic lotions for knee calouses from giving way too many blow jobs in the dressing room at Armani Exchange.

This is unbelievable. I don't know half this stuff and I am gay. LOL

Agreed^.

I think one of the indicators could be having a penis in his mouth :biggrin1:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Count #4 as useless trivia, or as victimization if you had to endure the original advertising and promo blitz by ABC for the show. I know all their names. I even used to watch it every now and then. I just got over it.

Count #5 as useless if you're an art or fashion student. Or someone who worked in retail. We scanned too many tags; we know color codes. Just 'cause I know it doesn't mean I speak the language, you dig?