A great article about Obama's undoing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ericsson1228d, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't even need to read it. Krauthammer has been writing hit pieces on President Obama since he was a candidate in the Democratic Primary. I can probably summarize the Article without even reading it:

Obama=Bad

3. Ed69

Gold Member

They all make big promises to start,then fail.How is this news?

4. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

When you need a new pair of blinders, I am sure Obama and the Dems will have a social program to get you a pair for free! Ignorance is bliss, right?

5. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

It's called an editorial.

6. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I am not ignorant, just well aware of Mr Krauthammer's obsessive hatred of all things Obama. I don't need to read an editorial to find out what I already know.

#6 Industrialsize, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  7. sargon20

Gold Member

Krauthammer and his fellow goon Bill Kristol are responsible for untold suffering in the world. And if we had listened to them we not only would have two endless wars crippling the US but a third one with Iran. These two men will surely rot in hell.

8. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Ever notice how a simple post of an editorial turns into a personal attack on someone?

Democrat Rule #1: If someone makes a valid point, attack them personally.

9. RookySteve1

RookySteve1 Active Member

Albums:
    I've often been told, "Beware of the person who promises to give you something for nothing."

Americans were so fed up with Bush and the Republicans, they would've elected the local dog catcher.

10. sargon20

Gold Member

#10 sargon20, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  11. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Umm. When a bunch of veterans speak out against a "War Hero," guess what? He's no hero.

I don't recall any veterans speaking out against McCain. Oh, it must be because he was the genuine article.

12. sargon20

Gold Member

Of course not. He's a fraud. A complete fraud. And his purple hearts? A fraud too. The process that allowed it to happen three times no less is fraudulent too.

That's because they're all dead or in a nursing home suffering from alzheimers.

13. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Arghhh! What is it with Obama? Either treated as a deity (completely unwarranted) or the opposite extreme, a devilish figure worthy of voodoo doll treatment (equally unwarranted).

I am looking forward to the 22st century for a more nuanced assessment of the man.

14. mynameisnobody

mynameisnobody New Member

The failure itself isn't news. But the causes of failure, and the details of the collapse, are legitimate subjects of both speculation and study.

A point Krauthammer dances around, but doesn't specifically make, is that in Obama we are seeing a rough parallel with Lyndon Johnson. Their early careers are not at all similar if you compare specific points; but in a more general sense, both excelled at working the existing "systems" to their personal advantage. But this left neither with skills adequate for the Presidency - being able to climb that ladder to the top doesn't guarantee that you'll be any good at balancing when you're perched up there. And they never managed to acquire those skills. In Obama's case it's too soon to say "never," as his term is still young. But rather than rise to the current challenges - challenges he doesn't seem to have anticipated - he seems to be descending into petulance. That will most likely soon become whining, and shortly after that he will isolate himself, as Presidents often do late in their terms. We haven't seen that lately; Bush Jr didn't do it, and Clinton didn't do it very much. Think Johnson or Nixon for good examples. Right now O. is grossly overexposed; perhaps he fantasizes that the entire world is hanging on his every word. Early on, Clinton made the same mistake. Eventually we'll see an end to that, and Obama will start hiding behind Axlerod or Emanuel, or maybe that creepy press secretary. At that point he will be essentially irrelevant, and Pelosi will become our most prominent Democratic pol. Now there's an ugly thought.

15. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Clinton/Pelosi 2012!

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Here's the problem... you trumpet the editorial, which is nothing more than another opinion, as it being some kind of factual evidence. We're all guilty of it, but it takes more than finding another person that agrees with you in order to prove something to be factual or even truthful. Even if that person writes for some well known periodical.

17. climber

climber Member

vinyl...thank you!

editorials...and most of the MSM nowadays...are just people giving opinions...and helping us "read between the lines"...which is utter bullshit...

give me news...anything else is just noise.

18. B_Enough_for_Me

B_Enough_for_Me New Member

It was a good article, btw.

19. midlifebear

Gold Member

Every time I've seen Krauthammer play political pundit, curiously, only on FAUX News, (I think they banned him from Meet the Press and didn't tell him), he sits stiffly and doesn't move his neck. Is he handicapped in some way? This is not meant to bash him if he is. I'm really interested in knowing if he's propped up in a wheel chair. If so, he does have my sympathy for that.

But Industrialsize is correct. He writes only "hit" pieces on Obama and Democrats in general. As a political pundit I have to switch cable news stations when I see him (I'll usually look in on AC360 CNN, although that Maddow woman on MSNBC is remarkably bright, as long as she doesn't copy Olberman's schtick). BTW, I LIKE Olberman, he did a great job of showing Sean Hannity making up lies about Obama's address yesterday by showing the fabricated distortion created by Hannity -- an outright lie -- then Olberman simply followed it with the video of the POTUS's "actual" words from his Presidential address, very funny and very sad. But Olbermann, unlike his nemisis, "Billo" or the fabulous Glenn Beck, is actually funny but I can't take him too seriously.

Still, I'm interested in knowing if Krauthammer is physically handicapped -- beyond his Disney-like pixie face and cute pointed nose. Maybe he was in a bad car accident. Does anyone know?

Oh, yeah . . . and as a "fabulous Pulitzer winner" his writing style gets only a C+ from me. He throws $10 words around as if he actually read the complete works of Homer and Pliny the Elder. Tis doubtful.

#19 midlifebear, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  20. mikeyh9in

mikeyh9in Active Member

Albums:
    I think Dog Catcher was one of the major's Sarah Palin pursued in here (way too) many year, third rate college career.

#20 mikeyh9in, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted