A Hanging in Bagdad:Saddam Hussein

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I dont know how anyone feels about this wretched man but I ask you to pray for his immortal soul in the next few minutes as he will be going to eternity in the next few minutes, death by hanging...

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The butcher of Bagdad will finally get whats coming to him.I am a praying man . I cant in my heart pray for him. He is going to hell.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I don't think Saddam did good things, but I still hate the idea of anyone dying over the choices they made. If any of you have read the "Conversations with God" books then you might understand what I mean by this. Blah. I just want to ignore the whole thing.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Hi,

I dont know how anyone feels about this wretched man but I ask you to pray for his immortal soul in the next few minutes as he will be going to eternity in the next few minutes, death by hanging...

That is what they have been saying...

I have been listening to the news. I can't believe how fast it has happened. Plus, death by hanging?? Why such a crude method? Why not lethal injection?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I'm surprised they aren't beheading him.

I'm surprised they aren't using the techinique with the rat in the pail on the stomach.

Many will enjoy the fact he is being destroyed. He has indirectly been the demise of many people. Others will see it as cruel.

Is life in jail punishment enough?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Tell Saddam that Tell the thousands of people he has gassed and tourtured.

What he did was stupider, more wrong, and more pointless. There is no restitution being made here. Nobody wins. I don't want to hear about justice being served. The death penalty is useless, and barbaric, and just as bad as the crimes it's supposed to punish. The victims and their families can NOT have their lives restored by killing this man.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I dunno.... I guess it's just my personal religious beliefs. I don't like him for what he's done, but I still don't think he deserves to die. I mean... when you were 8, your mom would tell you, "Just because he hits you doesn't mean you should hit him back.".... "Don't stoop to their level." And here we are doing that to him. In normal situations, I feel we should just let the person live the rest of their lives in jail and let them deal with their pain and remorse... only problem here is that he doesn't HAVE any pain or remorse for what he's done. I've always been taught that people do the best they can with what they have... people don't do things intentionally knowing they are wrong and will be punished for it. People do what THEY think is right. He was just doing what he felt was right... whether anyone else thought it was right or not. Can we kill him because of what we decided was right and wrong?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is what they have been saying...

I have been listening to the news. I can't believe how fast it has happened. Plus, death by hanging?? Why such a crude method? Why not lethal injection?
Jeff this is another culture different than ours. I know people from Yemen. If you are caught stealing they chop off your hands in public in front of your neighbors. .

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone hazard a guess as to what this will do to sectarian violence in Iraq?
It could get really ugly. Hope not.

The mistake we as Americans make is to think that what we have is what the rest of the world wants. The Islamic world clearly does not want to be Americanized. We will eventually have to turn tail and leave what will be a bloodbath.

I don't know if anyone here caught this but the Pope opened rather strongly a dialogue with Islam. 38 Grand Muftis including those of Syria, Turkey Russia, Kosovo, answered him in an open letter to "His Holiness, Pope Benedict" that VIOLENCE is an acceptable way to propogate Islam. The significance of this is so monumental as to be the defining precept as to which Islam and the west must be reconciled.

I try to understand the allegiance that Muslims have to their religion but I can't. Willingness to strap high explosives to their CHILDREN, the most precious thing in their lives I would think, and have them blown to bits in the name of Islam I can't fathom.

Anyone enlighten me?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just another thought to add... we have killed more Iraqi's than Saddam did during ALL his years in power. And we've only been over there a few years. So who is really doing the worst here?
No so my dear Do some reading. You will be shocked as i was. He gassed an killed thousands of Kurds back years ago.. Our troops since then have found mass graves in the thousands of other people he had killed. Iread an article i which when all is said and done he probably had about 80 thousand people killed over the years.

Amygirl

Cherished Member
Media
Home of the Melbourne Cup and the best coffee
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think killing is too good for him. He should be locked up for all time. Keeping him alive as a pathetic, disgraced shell of his former self would have to be a greater punishment than oblivion. When he was in power, he seemed to be in love with his own image and his own perception of his greatness. To be demoted to a common convict would be such a wound to his pride.

I don't think that capital punishment supporters quite realise what incarceration and debasement can do to a mind full of pride.