A Hanging in Bagdad:Saddam Hussein

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Unless they pick that day to be drunk.:tongue:

I always wondered about stuff like that... what if they just wanted to be mean and just shot you in the foot and the shoulder so you suffered before you died? Did people witness those types of executions other than the shooters themselves?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I always wondered about stuff like that... what if they just wanted to be mean and just shot you in the foot and the shoulder so you suffered before you died? Did people witness those types of executions other than the shooters themselves?

What happens is they give half the executioners bullets and the other half blanks (noone knows who has what) so they have to shoot to kill, only noone knows who shot the fatal bullets.

B_dadboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
quite a few people will be happy about his death/and will watch it for sure. i guess if someone had killed my relatives and friends id want revenge,

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've never been sure about execution as a punishment for crime, however, it really doesn't bother me that Saddam Hussein has been executed.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The circunstance of this hanging is very 'strange' to me even if the law took full clean course and etc...Iraq was invaded by US and allies...this war was not justifiable...if the Iraq people without no foreigner forces 'help' deposed him and decided whatever it was their doing..but in this circunstances is very strange because history did not take its course was precipitated by an invasion that is a mess and caos now. People in Iraq were already divided by groups ethicities...no democracy is possible as US and allies dream about its a different culture its the old Middle East...

Sure there are many happy with his hanging Saddam did multitude of atrocities to thier own but are those living in Iraq have some peace and quality of life because of it? Is his death resolve the real problems that this war triggered full blow? I don't think so.Unfortunatly.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The circunstance of this hanging is very 'strange' to me even if the law took full clean course and etc...Iraq was invaded by US and allies...this war was not justifiable...if the Iraq people without no foreigner forces 'help' deposed him and decided whatever it was their doing..but in this circunstances is very strange because history did not take its course was precipitated by an invasion that is a mess and caos now. People in Iraq were already divided by groups ethicities...no democracy is possible as US and allies dream about its a different culture its the old Middle East...

Sure there are many happy with his hanging Saddam did multitude of atrocities to thier own but are those living in Iraq have some peace and quality of life because of it? Is his death resolve the real problems that this war triggered full blow? I don't think so.Unfortunatly.

I must agree!

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
He was a head of state. He should have been tried at the Hague.

No former head of state is going to get a fair trial in his own country...especially when those opposing his rule are now in power.

All this execution is going to do is exacerbate the problem. You think Iraq is a mess now? Wait until the day after Saddam is hung.

(will the real Saddam please stand-up ;)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have a problem with him being hanged, if that's what his countrymen decided. That the US of A had our big, fat hands in the mess bothers me a little though. We like to call ourselves a civilised nation, but we have as many assasinations and assasination attempts on our own leaders to rival most of the middle east- but they're the bad guys! Yeah, right, great- we called for this assasination, and we damn well know it.

I'm in favor of the death penalty, and not because it "sets things right", nothing can do that. I like it because it completely removes the possibility of the person doing further harm. Evidence is overwhelming that criminal minds don't change, and incarceration for life everyone who murdered in cold blood or raped or molested would be an unnecessary burden on society. I feel that a person forfeits their right to live among other people when they choose to willfully take someone's life for personal profit. We can't just trust them to "go away" and I don't feel inclined to pay for their food and lodging for the rest of their life when THEY are the one that fucked up. Commit a capital crime, take the appropriate punishment. This is not about justice, it's about minimising the effect of the will of a person to do harm. I'd rather protect the potential victims.

Fuck you Saddam. I'm glad I don't have to pray for your sorry ass.