A Hanging in Bagdad:Saddam Hussein

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
To hell with Saddam. It's done ,over, c'est fini! Also Saddam wanted to be shot, he thought hanging was too humiliating a way to die. So he goes without remorse and saying "I did nothing wrong"

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Saddam deserved to die for what he did. No question about that. However, if there is no eternal life, then his punishment is over.

Solidary donfinement for the rest of his life might have been a more deserving punishment. No contact with any human in any form or fashion. That would have been in some ways more fitting.

However, if there is eternal life, the question is where is he now? In Islam's set of beliefs did he attain heaven or hell?

I'm not Muslim and won't attempt to answer what they beleive or if it matters what they believe.

The tragedy is that the dying isn't over. More Americans and Iraqis will die in the coming months. And those deaths won't get all the coverage that Saddam received. Not even their names are announced on TV.

Sadam is history. Let's consider those living now who will be dead next week?

vindicari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its still a hell of a thing to take a life. I think he looked sad, resigned to his fate. I know he was a monster but only the bigger monsters can eat. he was the wests pet, funded by the usa until he bit the hand that fed him.
as was osama bin laden

justjewit5

Just Browsing
Media
How could somebody be AGAINST killing someone? Saddam is not far from Hitler... Neither is Ahmadinejad (President of Iran).

I bought a new glass pipe in celebration of his hanging.

justjewit5

Just Browsing
Media
its still a hell of a thing to take a life. I think he looked sad, resigned to his fate. I know he was a monster but only the bigger monsters can eat. he was the wests pet, funded by the usa until he bit the hand that fed him.
as was osama bin laden

How exactly was Saddam the USA's pet? Or Osama Bin Laden for that matter?

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
If you look out of the window of a passing train,
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This post has a caution attached to it:
Disclaimer, this post is written purely for interest, it is not meant to cause any harm or damage to persons or property, intentional or not, the author will not accept any liability for any damage, stress, pain, depresson or any action link with stress or damage to persons or property.

This post may offend some individuals, this isn't the intention of the post, merely to put a point across.

The electric chair is the worst. You're burning from the inside out and sometimes they have to flip the switch more than once
Oh, you should hear the horror stories around my local area then. The 3rd rail is an instant invatation for death, especially with its open and exposed sides (as the following image deplics: http://russellsphotos.fotopic.net/p36748113.html).
Maybe Saddam should of been laid to rest on good old British Rail standard, 750v DC third rail, equipment. Better still, hang him from the overhead catenary wires in Stratford (International Olympics, need I say why for the location choice? Oh and its full of CHAVS!), and pump his body with the elecrtic produced by the wires at 25kv AC, again, as this image depicts the overhead wires: 313_105_and_107_entering_Watford__Junction.jpg :: @ Fotopic.Net .
If anyone wanted to go for the electrification method, that method (as tried, tested and proven) will be the most efficent. The electric chair as far as I know of, uses standard housing supply, which leads to inefficency.
(BTW, you also only need 50mA across the heart to be rendered dead.)

Living the rest of his life in total and complete fear would be just punishment. Life in jail doesn't accomplish this unfortunately. Neither does capital punishment.

With someone that has a mind we deem is inappropiate, we cannot change them, it is a sad fact of life, as their would be what we class as "evil" tendancies still present. Limiting those tendancies is all we can do, sadly in some cases, it does mean jail. (Although, my view is that death in most cases, is far too extreme, I won't comment on Saddams case, as this is not the place nor the time to express my views).

P.s. MY suggestions of alternitives and proven methods (they haven't been used for death, but they have been used for those wishing to commit sucide and accidental deaths), so please don't complain about the rail link.

socoken

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just another thought to add... we have killed more Iraqi's than Saddam did during ALL his years in power. And we've only been over there a few years. So who is really doing the worst here?

I bet you would vote for Michael Moore.

For everyone in here saying Bush is as bad as Saddam, I hope you realize that you and your family surely would have been tortured and killed by now had you spoken like this under Saddam's regime.

Clinton should have been impeached for lying to a Grand Jury, not getting a blower, big difference.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How exactly was Saddam the USA's pet? Or Osama Bin Laden for that matter?

The CIA (yeah, the US's Central Intelligence Agency) put Saddam's party into power. Yup, that's right, the US actually PUT Saddam in power. Saddam Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 80's the CIA (yup, same one i talk about above) paid Osama to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. They made him rich, while giving him the time to learn the Afghan geography that helped him "escape." Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That, dear sir, is how they are BOTH pets of the USA.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Saddam deserved to die for what he did. No question about that. However, if there is no eternal life, then his punishment is over.

Solidary donfinement for the rest of his life might have been a more deserving punishment. No contact with any human in any form or fashion. That would have been in some ways more fitting.

However, if there is eternal life, the question is where is he now? In Islam's set of beliefs did he attain heaven or hell?

I'm not Muslim and won't attempt to answer what they beleive or if it matters what they believe.

The tragedy is that the dying isn't over. More Americans and Iraqis will die in the coming months. And those deaths won't get all the coverage that Saddam received. Not even their names are announced on TV.

Sadam is history. Let's consider those living now who will be dead next week?

The question is not whether or not Saddam deserved to die, but whether we (America) had the right to be the instrument by which this was accomplished. If you recall, the alleged reason for our invasion of Iraq was because it was supposedly the seat of Al Qaeda who was financed by Saddam himself, supposedly. And supposedly they had weapons of mass destruction, ready to be unleashed at any moment toward mainland America.

Only later, after it became all too evident that all of that was a lie did the cause of the "war" change to the "lilberation of the Iraquis". And while Saddam was certainly guilty of more that his share of atrocities, some might arguably suggest that without his control, the country would have sooner descended into the very chaos, conflict, and secular division that exists there even as we speak. So ultimately one asks whether the ends (as they still have yet to unfold) will be justified by the means. Some will say that doesn't matter, a tyrant been dealt with. Justice has be served.

Well, if that's the case, then there are places aplenty for justice to be served. If the ends are in fact to rid oppressed peoples of dictatorial regimes, I can immediately think of half a dozen other places where such "assistance" is needed, where such "justice" perhaps is in equal need of dispensing, starting perhaps with Omar al Bashir and the 20 year old conflict that has resulted in the deaths or displacement of over a million people in Sudan and Darfur.

Many haven't even heard of this war. Sudanese War? Darfur conflict? Perhaps it doesn't get as much press because of who the victims are. Perhaps the area isn't strategic enough, or politically expedient enough to make it a cause, or significant enough in natural resources to be considered vital to American interests (though yes, there is oil in them there hills too). Who knows? I find myself wondering why some causes seem urgent while others not so. Is it about justice? Or something else?