A kink in Kinsey's armor?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by NewAgeDesire, Oct 4, 2006.

1. NewAgeDesire

NewAgeDesire New Member

Albums:
    I found this in an article on AskMen.com regarding penis size. Is this true?

"Alfred Kinsey, of the famed Kinsey Institute, conducted the first report on average penis size in the 1940s, which claimed that the average erect penis was 6.2 to 6.4 inches in length. The flaw with this survey was that the study focused only on Caucasian men and let the men measure themselves (and my guess is that some were supersizing ). And although the difference is only about a mere half an inch in difference" (different from todays accepted average?) "it means a whole lot to many men out there."

http://www.askmen.com/love/vanessa_60/87_love_secrets.html

Or is there an updated version of this report that I hear referenced?

2. fortiesfun

Gold Member

The Kinsey study did include a small number of African-American men, but did focus primarily on Caucasians. They gave participants a stamped card and asked them to mark the length of their erection on it and give or mail it back. (No rulers involved with the participants.) It is true, therefore, that they measured themselves.

There have been many, many studies since. The Kinsey Institute has also updated their own information.

Most now conclude that the original Kinsey data suggests an average erection length about an inch too long, but it probably had more to do with the population studied than the measuring methodology.

Draft saved Draft deleted