A legal question in Massachusetts

sean9incher

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm curious, a service that I perform is:

I 'entertain' parties (groups of 5 or more people) where I walk throughout the party naked, masturbating and ejaculating. Now, I do not advertise that I allow people to touch me although they do from time to time. I do not have sex with anyone though. It is basically just a "solo sex show".

I have done this six times and the last two times the hosts told me I should start charging. So I charged one party $150.00 per hour, and the other host I charged $150.00 per orgasm that I had.

Is it illegal to charge money to have an orgasm in front of other people if they are not touching or enteracting with me?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only thing I'd tell you is look into the prostitution laws in your area. There are some really crazy laws out there that aren't well known. It's thin, but a good prosecutor could alledge you masturbating for another person and getting paid for it could constitute prostitution.

And honestly the only way it would possibly come up is if you have a pissed of client who complained.

Just be careful. When legalities come into things, it suddenly all goes to hell.

sean9incher

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Only thing I'd tell you is look into the prostitution laws in your area. There are some really crazy laws out there that aren't well known. It's thin, but a good prosecutor could alledge you masturbating for another person and getting paid for it could constitute prostitution.

And honestly the only way it would possibly come up is if you have a pissed of client who complained.

Just be careful. When legalities come into things, it suddenly all goes to hell.

Yeah, that's the thing I'm having a hard time with, where DO I find the local laws for Massachusetts?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
  • Be careful of being "banned in Boston". :smile:
  • You also have to report this as income to the IRS. If Vegas "sex industry" workers are asked to provide their income to the IRS, so are you liable for taxes on income generated through your masturbation services... :rolleyes:
  • In all seriousness, it's a matter of local ordinances in your specific town, I'm sure. Massachusetts probably has some more obscure historical laws on the books, so be careful. You can hopefully find local ordinances on your town's municipal website or stop at the local library.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just recently had to look into the laws here for my business which could have been on dodgy grounds if I didn't watch things carefully. I tried lawers, who made no sense at all and rather than talking about the law, talked about what charges they could get me off if it came to it (not that it would, I was getting legal advice to make sure that everything was legal) The best advice I got was from the local police, they are the ones who get the reports, invesigate and know whats legal and all that, and they were more than happy to help me.

Very wise advice.

You might actually find the police pretty chill about helping you with it. I have a buddy here who is a Lieutenant Detective and he will consult with people all the time and tell them "If we can keep a person safe and legal, it benefits that person and allows us to go after the really bad guys."

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, I wish the parties I went to had this sort of entertainment!:biggrin:
I thought the exact same thing!

Heck I lived in Mass for 4 years went to lots of parties and not once did I see a nekkid man strolling about masturbating.:mad:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOL... Penial code... Sorry. My immature sense of humor. Thank you though for your advice.

What you find on the books researching in a law library might not clarify how things are actually done. People can be harassed when there is no clear law against something. Conversely, there might be laws that are not enforced, the written codes might not have been updated for decades.

(sorry to be so unhelpfull:rolleyes:)