A lesson on dealing with the wing nuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Sep 21, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Now this is how you call people out for their nonsense.
    This footage is from Fox Business regarding privatizing the Postal Service.
    GOP Strategist Jack Burkman is part of the panel and makes a variety of controversial comments about how some of the workers in the Post Office have inferior skills, equates it to importing laborers from Nigeria and Ethiopia and says that they should be reduced to being cab drivers. :roilleyes:

Now, enter former New York Senator Al D'Amato (of all people) to bring in a level of sanity on the issue. Wait for about the 5th minute and make sure the children are not by the computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi19yLcGk8c

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw this yesterday. My biggest take-aways:

1) Since when did Al D'Amato suddenly become a voice of sanity and reason? When I saw his name mentioned I instinctively winced without remembering why, precisely. Then I Wikipedia-ed him and it all came back.

2) Someone at Fox Business News must have found some use for disseminating this: aren't all these programs on a ten-second delay to bleep out things like "bullshit", which is repeated over and over again? There's something about this clip that just makes me uneasy (aside from the actual topic, that is).

3. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

As always, Republicans are only good at three things... Lying, stealing and blaming someone else.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yeah, I was stunned to when I saw the footage. Al D'Amato is no saint by any stretch of the imagination. But I did like the fact that he was willing to call someone out when necessary... I'll meet you after the second quote. :wink:

You'd think that, wouldn't you? A network like that should have a delay in place especially since it's supposed to be live and we all know how strict the FCC can be. When I originally saw the clip, it was on the Ed Show on MSNCB and it was censored. I looked it up on YouTube and this particular clip containing the entire interview came up first. How this particular person got the unedited version is beyond me, which leaves room for speculation. I mean, we all know how low Faux could go... but would they actually stage something like this? Who knows. Either way, I applauded. But one incident doesn't make up for the dozens of wrongdoings they have conducted as a supposed "news organization". You don't have to worry about me converting over to Faux anytime soon. :biggrin1:

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Much as I hate to sound like I'm espousing a conspiracy theory, there's something extremely odd about both the dredging up of some creep like D'Amato and the dissemination of that clip without censoring the "bad" word.

It couldn't be any fishier if it tried with both feet. I'm not sure who's to gain by its being all over YouTube, but someone intimately associated with Fox Business News is obviously looking for some sort of edge. Color me extremely skeptical :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm not worried about you, VB: the day you switch to the dark side is the day I go cold turkey off the internet in general, not just here.

6. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

You guys probably need to be propping up your Democrat friends/candidates instead of bashing Republicans. The Dems have begun to crash and burn if you haven't noticed. Anyone pay attention to the polls? P.S. I don't expect any real answers....just personal attacks on me. Oh yeah....been noticing Obama's close advisors have started leaving his inner circle? Just sayin'.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Don't worry. We can do both. :rolleyes:

And the Republicans have Christine O'Donnell. Thank you, Teabaggers. :rolleyes:

Only fools take them too seriously. Where does that place you?

In translation... you don't expect any answers that side with you so in your mind they must not be real. And yes, you're an idiot who made a post that is completely off topic.

Have you noticed that you're still not on topic? That nobody takes you seriously? And we love calling you names because you are that irrelevant?

Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

8. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Kissy Kissy my love nugget.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

No problem, troll. I know people like you can't stay away from me. But do keep in mind, I don't mercy date. Now address the topic if you can or STFU.

10. houtx48

Gold Member

Blah blah blah Faux News...............same bullshit different day

11. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeack! I don't want to think about kissing your 'love nuggets'.

12. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is completely normal for a party thats in power. It happened to Reagan in the 1982 midterms. Yep- the Republicans lost a shitload of seats under Reagan that year.

13. JTalbain

Gold Member

Dpending on whether or not the Tea Party puts candidates on the ballot, the Republicans may not gain any seats at all. If everyone siding with the Teabaggers voted for a candidate they put up, they'd throw every race to the Democrats.

14. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Burkman made a valid point, he just unwisely chose a rather ingracious vehicle to illustrate it.

In a complete surprise move for a politician, the former senator chose to excoriate the man rather than address the substance of what he was saying. :rolleyes:

15. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^You address the issue when the man doesn't know any better. You address the man when he does know better and lies anyways.

16. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nice blueprint for how to sound like fucking idiot. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted