A little less jeer... a little more cheer. Post something to make us feel good!

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't know about anyone else, but nothing gets my spirits up or myself galvanized into action (of any kind) than a great song or a music video that i can bop or toe-tap to.
I usually have a 'flavour of the week' theme song that constantly plays on repeat in my head that either lifts my mood or evokes images and/or feelings of love, or just makes me burst into 'skinny white boy's got it going on' styled dance... within the relative privacy of my own home of course.
This at the moment is such a feel good for me as i'm sure it might be for many of you. YouTube - P!nk - Raise Your Glass

No matter when or where i hear it, it always manages to get a buzz out of me. Some of you may hate Pink, but just for a moment turn it up slightly and allow yourself to just "go with it"... i find it inspiring.

And in the spirit of inspiring - and the upcoming festive season - i thought that for a change we could all spread a little cheer amongst our fellow LPSG'ers. Times have been tough for everybody and i doubt anybody here has come away unscathed this year, whether financially, emotionally, psychologically, physically or other...
So feel free to post links to things that make you feel good and that might serve as a pick-me-up for others. Anything from quotable quotes to sites dedicated to photography, cooking, architecture, wildlife, pottery, music, music videos etc. Anything which brings a little joy to you and might do the same for someone else.

Alternatively i thought we might try something even simpler, such as posting a compliment about a fellow poster or letting someone know why they inspire you. I have a list of posters whose posts i follow with fascination for various reasons.
They are (in no particular order)
1) Exwhyzee - he knows why
2) Hilaire - erudite and constantly challenges me to think quickly on my feet
3) Bbucko - always thought provoking and insightful posts.
4) Empathizer - i almost always laugh out loud at her wicked sense of humour
5) Maxcock - Practicality personified. Whilst he might dish out verbal lashings every now and then, he keeps me in check.
6) Hhuck - Compassionate and perspicacious with insight into a great many things.
7) Erratic - A sensitive and magnanimous soul of whom i have such respect
8) Hickboy - Grizzly with a heart of gold (you just have to get past the fuzzy exterior :wink:)
9) Vinylboy - His posts keep me glued and entertained, he never fails to deliver quality (whether you agree with him or not. Period.:biggrin1:)
10) Aconitum - The few posts of hers i have come across, i have thoroughly enjoyed reading and she has a 'mom'/voice of reason quality that makes me comfortable:smile:
11)CunningStunt - I envy him his happily committed relationship and hope to someday have a fraction of that for myself. Keep it up.
12) TatooedMamaMeg - Another nurturer (i think i might have vicarious oedipus complex)

There are soooo many more...but i'll leave it up to the individuals of the community to post something a little more positive for someone to brighten their day...we could all really use a little more cheer. (P.s I dare you not to bounce along to Pink's - raise your glass.:tongue:)

D

deleted3782

Exwhyzee - he knows why

Because I am all-knowing! Mwahaha

For a cool website I pick this one, because the guy has an eye similar to mine...and NYC is a good enough subject to use. :wink:

For music I pick this video, because I like the message and I like the setting even better...I hope Budapest looks half as good as it does in this video. :cool:

I just can't call out individuals here for their coolness, because as soon as I compose a list - I will forget the coolest person and I'll feel like an idiot. Hopefully folks know who I respect and admire...I hope. :redface:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I love this thread! Thanks for starting it Titan ;)

This new song by Shakira is really cheering me up atm, it's soooo summery and fun-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqmbvKuhig8

Bonus there are some really funny and amazing video responses to it, including lots of brazilian dancing which never fails to get me up wriggling my rump like a goon ;)

Last edited:

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Oh, i forgot to mention:
Helgaleena - The force is definitely strong with her and i love her photos. She seems to have a good heart and 'young' spirit.
Petite - The more of your posts i read, the more i wish that I was the bf...i haven't come across such loyalty and commitment to a relationship in a while. Amazing.

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exwhyzee you just introduced me to the second Katie Perry song I actually LIKE! The video gave me goose bumps. Right now I'm kind of hooked on Sugarland since they released a new album. I love the lead singer she's funny and quirky and hyper!

Gotta say I like these songs the most right now for dancing around and being my hyper self!

YouTube - Sugarland - Stuck Like Glue The look on the guys face is priceless when she's dancing beside him in the red outfit and again after she's feeding him cake lol!

YouTube - Every Girl Like Me (FULL HQ) by Sugarland (lyrics)

I couldn't begin to list the people here that have made an impression on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Visited a friend today who showed me images from this site. I thought they were incredible, so i thought i'd share.
HubbleSite - Gallery

Also heard this song after a while and i remember the video being a little 'different'. I really enjoy Sam Sparro's collaboration here with Basement Jaxx and perhaps many of you might like it too. Enjoy and a have a fantastic Sunday LPSG'ers.
YouTube - Basement Jaxx feat. Sam Sparro - Feelings Gone

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I had a fucking fantastic day, years ago, and can remember what it was like. It was fucking horrible, and I want everybody to take turns sucking on my big nasty balls.

Well, i hope that today is a great day for you and is also a day that will be 'pleasantly' memorable when you look back on it in a few years time.
If someone "sucking on your big nasty balls" brings that sort of fond memory, then i can only hope you find someone that fits the bill and that will be only too pleased to indulge you.
If not, then just take it easy and have a little "me" time.:smile:
Best wishes from me!!

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
So my studio isn't far from where I live and I had drycleaning to pick up on the way, and it was actually sunny outside when I left the studio so I had my sunglasses on. It gets dark about 4.30 5-ish here atm so I expected to be whipping the sunnies off soon enough.

Little did I realise that within 2 minutes of walking out the door I would be plunged into total darkness as the sunset heavens were occluded by a torrential rainshower which would give the Indian Monsoon a run for its money. Seriously it was so heavy I needed diving aparatus to breath!

Well I live in a land famed for its rain, and attempted to soldier on sans sunglasses, the rain increased in intensity as if intending to thwart my determination and eventually I found myself sheltering in a doorway with an old lady, with whom I proceeded to break into uncontrollable giggles with as we both regarded eachother's rain bedraggled appearance and marveled at the deluge happening inches from our faces. She had a very infectious laugh that little old lady, god love her.

I'm now at home drying my hair, nursing a warm cup of strong, sweet milky Irish tea (the best in the world I'll have you know!) in between bouts of dancing and singing along to this - YouTube - The Black Eyed Peas Rock Your Body in an attempt to warm myself up a bit. I'm contemplating ordering a Curry to set the seal on my Monsoon experience.

I love life sometimes, that even something that could piss you off can actually fill you with giggles and silly fun. I'm pretty simple really for all my ten dollar words and highbrow pretensions. LOL

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I love the simpler things in life myself and would have gladly traded my Moderately warm Monday for a rainy Irish one... just so long as i could have been included in said appreciation of milky tea, a delectably warming curry (not too hot mind you) and a booty shaking session to the black eyed peas!! Perhaps even re-enacting a scene from "The rules of attraction" sans George Michael's Faith :)
Hot song by the way... i can only imagine where a 'skinny white boy' dance-off may have led to ;)
I have something a little more old school in mind, but it's road trip music of note! And if any of you have to do as much driving around as my job entails or if you're just up for a scenic mission, then this is just the thing. (Terribly cheesy music video and awful early 90's outfits and hair, but man oh man can Tom Cochrane belt out a tune!!)
YouTube - Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A week ago I visited Antoni Gaudi's Casa Batlló in Barcelona. It is what I would call a place of joy and lightness of being. I felt so relaxed and all of the people who were visiting it had smiles on their faces. There is not a straight line in the building and just when you think he couldn't possibly do anything more outrageous, you get to the top floor, go out to the rooftop and are presented with the fantasmagorical fairy chimneys. I have never had a building make me feel so good!

If you are feeling down, visit Barcelona. You won't regret it, I promise. :smile:

Attachments

D

deleted3782

A week ago I visited Antoni Gaudi's Casa Batlló in Barcelona. It is what I would call a place of joy and lightness of being. I felt so relaxed and all of the people who were visiting it had smiles on their faces. There is not a straight line in the building and just when you think he couldn't possibly do anything more outrageous, you get to the top floor, go out to the rooftop and are presented with the fantasmagorical fairy chimneys. I have never had a building make me feel so good!

If you are feeling down, visit Barcelona. You won't regret it, I promise. :smile:

I sooo wanna see those bones. :biggrin1: