A magnificent cunt.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm, JJ, i read your post and it reads as sincere to me.

I have bolded the 'confrontational spark' which is just a tad bit patronising especially as all JJ did was give HIS experience.

I would quit it the pair of you but then only because i lack the insulting wit to carry it on like you two!

I appreciate your intelligence and your input mitchymo. :smile:

Hmmm, JJ, i read your post and it reads as sincere to me.

I have bolded the 'confrontational spark' which is just a tad bit patronising especially as all JJ did was give HIS experience.

I would quit it the pair of you but then only because i lack the insulting wit to carry it on like you two!

Glad you had the bottle to post Mitchy, I was going to earlier but couldn't think what to say!

I agree, and think, possibly due to previous encounters, they may have read too much into each other's posts, and taken offence where it wasn't originally meant - and then things got a bit outta hand.

Stronzo's 'confrontational spark' post does seem a bit patronizing, but JJ's earlier post could have come across as a deliberate contradiction, when I don't think it was necessarily meant that way.

Anyway *should mind my own business*.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I appreciate your intelligence and your input mitchymo. :smile:

That's ok, JJ makes no secret that plenty of people don't get along with him and with that attitude and 'rising to it' which i tend to be guilty of often too means i reckon he gets a worse rep than he deserves and potentially the worst is expected of him prematurely sometimes.

Anyway *should mind my own business*.

You're ever welcome to mind MY business whenever you feel like it. :wink:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
joll said:
Stronzo's 'confrontational spark' post does seem a bit patronizing, but JJ's earlier post could have come across as a deliberate contradiction, when I don't think it was necessarily meant that way.

Patronizing perhaps. But the truth of the matter is joll and mitch that the fellow has made it a cause célèbre to follow me around and be disagreeable. I understand I'm not his first target either. But I tend to make a game of it rather than fight fire with fire when he comes at me. Given my limited (albeit unpleasant) history with him I don't require his critique of my opinion of an individual I like (Cigarbabe)

That's the long and short of it.

sspp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
With apologies to my boyhood heroes the Piranha Brothers....(Monty Python)

I walked out with Cigar Babe on many occasions and found her a charming and erudite companion. She was wont to introduce one to eminent celebrities, celebrated American singers, members of the aristocracy and other gang leaders.

I met her through her work for charities. She took a warm interest in Boys' Clubs, Sailors' Homes, Choristers' Associations and the Grenadier Guards.

Though certainly opinionated, she was ever a lady, and what's more she knew how to treat a female impersonator.

I miss her already. All the best C Babe.

Phil :smile:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Referring to a members previous post regarding ME, I want it to be known that I dont follow "anyone" around this site. I think the posting member has an over inflated sense of his importance. I merely post in threads that inspire me, or ones that I have something to add to. The fact that I had a different opinion than a member should not have any bearing on my ability or freedom to post that opinion. There are many roads to an end, not just a one way street. Particular members seem to feel that their word and opinion is gospel and should not be tampered with. Well I am sorry to inform them that the world doesnt work that way. Even the President receives criticism, but at least he deals with it with grace and humility. I truly apprecite all the emails of support I have received, and only wish that those senders had posted their sentiments here. There is "power" in numbers. And, there is no room for hatred and ugliness here... As a GAY man, I endure enuf shit from people in the REAL world everyday, I certainly dont need to be "gay-bashed" by one of my own..... Thank you ALL again and have a Safe, wonderful and Happy New Year. - Alyn

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dear Jesus I'll never understand why Cigarbabe is banned yet some posters remain explaining away their errant behavior :rolleyes:

Let's give CB another go eh? Come on folks. This just makes no sense. Perhaps there's something I don't know about her banning but for the love of Pete ... she's no flake.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dear Jesus I'll never understand why Cigarbabe is banned yet some posters remain explaining away their errant behavior :rolleyes:
Yes I have wonderlated the same thing.

Let's give CB another go eh? Come on folks.
Excellent idea! Maybe a trade, one Boston areaed person for another?:biggrin1:

This just makes no sense. Perhaps there's something I don't know about her banning but for the love of Pete ... she's no flake.
Gee you mean there's something you don't know? I am positively shocked and stunned.

And stop rubbing one out whenevere you see me, the Priests at St.Richard's Church of the Holy Martyr are not very happy about that.

Mainly stop your insipid infighting with jj. You have a beef with him then take it private like you were asked 200 times.

This thread is for the lovely and sweet Cigar Babe.

She spake her mind and it was too much for people to handle~~~and from what I can figure she still has no real idea why she was summarily dismissed.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This thread is for the lovely and sweet Cigar Babe.

She spake her mind and it was too much for people to handle~~~and from what I can figure she still has no real idea why she was summarily dismissed.

Cigarbabe is a dear friend, and I have spoken to her many times since her banning. Yes, she claims to be clueless about the reasons, and is in process of contacting the Mods to discuss it. Yes, she is brash, abrasive and oft bawdy, but that does not a banning make.... If she has committed some offense to the rules, TOS ban would be in order. so be it.
BUT that has yet to be determined. One thing remains, you always know what you get, and where you stand with her, and doesnt a REAL, honest person count for something ?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Look, purple prose aside, I have taken up her cause many, many times--vociferously--and it is no longer my place to do so. However, I disagree with this ban.

I believe that there are people who have had it "out for her" and who have been waiting for her to "make a mistake". Personally, I haven't seen that mistake. I have reviewed her posts, and I've not seen any evidence of "harassment" or "disruption" of the board. Admittedly, I'm not the one to make that determination. Still, it is my feeling that the ToS has been applied arbitrarily here. I feel, and I am sorry to say, that it has not been applied uniformly. CB is not a friend of mine so I am not saying this for self-serving reasons. I am, however, saying this with respect to improving the lpsg experience as a whole.

Is she harsh? Yes. Is she direct? Yes. That is part of her charm and her raison d'etre. She can be a total bitch at times but she calls 'em as she sees 'em. That doesn't make her "bad" or "wrong" or "harassing" or "disruptive". There are far too many people who will attest to that. She may not be popular but she is an institution here and the powers that be ought to recognize her for who she is. Is she polarizing? Yes, but she brings something to lpsg that few do.

Her friends may take up her fight. I doubt she can survive another ban. But I suggest that, at the very least, she become an object lesson; lpsg needs to look at itself and decide what it is and what it wants to become.

The nice-nice vanilla pudding that makes nubies (who last all of six weeks) feel welcome or the spicy dish that keeps the long timers coming back.

Last edited:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But I suggest that, at the very least, she become an object lesson; lpsg needs to look at itself and decide what it is and what it wants to become.

The nice-nice vanilla pudding that makes nubies (who last all of six weeks) feel welcome or the spicy dish that keeps the long timers coming back.
Well said.