A Man Beard: Right Taken Away

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Omegaman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Omegaman

Omegaman Member

Albums:
    Guys,

Just want to hear you all opinion about our jobs that want us to be clean shaved no beard only the upper lips and somethimg they want it all shaven. I have been told that I need to be clean shaven in past jobs, but now I sported a goatee. I think everyman should carry a moustache or beard if he choose to and not be dedicated to in the workplace.

Next: Some of us guys didn't get Dad to show us to shave correctly or trim our beard correctly, so we are kinda awkard went shaving our beard...Please relay you shaving tips for us younger generations. What To Do and Not To Do!

2. Dekkar

Dekkar New Member

Albums:
    I never listen. I have a goatee and sideburns, and my argument is I look better with them than without. I still have my job. They just said the policy is not to look scruffy. So I just shave where I shave in the morning and leave the rest alone.

On the other hand, there are some jobs that require it for a reason. I have an ex-boyfriend who worked in a pulp mill, and it was required that he be clean shaven. The reason being was that if he had lots of facial hair, his gas mask wouldn't seal properly and he might get injured as a result.

3. rfc7_rfc7

rfc7_rfc7 New Member

A beard makes a man look a man. It should be neatly trimmed and clean. Some times there are occupations, such as food handling, where a beard may not be allowed, or could be considered a health or safety risk and you would have to understand this. I think its really important to keep the back of you neck, your cheeks, and neck clean shaven, so the beard is defined. Keep it trimmed and coloured correctly. On some guys a long beard can look great, but its better to keep the hairs straight and even. If you are in your teens, and can grow a beard then you should do so and be proud of it. A beard on a young boy makes him look a man, and a beard on an older man makes him look experienced and knowledgable. I love beards and can't understand why we don't see more men with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted