A message to the fringe dwellers...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

A 64-year-old Washington state man has been arrested for allegedly threatening to kill U.S. Senator Patty Murray of Washington. The Justice Department announced Charles Alan Wilson was taken into custody after allegedly making the death threats in phone calls to Murray's office between March 22 and April 4. Wilson allegedly told undercover FBI agents he often carries a gun with a concealed weapons permit and said he was very angry about the passage of healthcare reform legislation. Threats have increased against members of Congress since the bills passed. The Justice Department said threatening a federal official is punishable by up to ten years in prison and a fine of 250-thousand dollars if convicted. Man arrested for Patty Murray death threats - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Federal authorities have arrested a Philadelphia man and charged him with threatening to kill House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and his family. Norman Leboon will be charged with two federal counts: threatening to kill a member of Congress and interfering with his federal duties, and posting video online containing such threats. He is scheduled to appear in federal district court in Philadelphia on Monday afternoon. Man arrested for Eric Cantor death threat - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

And for what... the passing of a Health Care Bill? :mad:

----------------------------------------------------
    Heavily repeated gun violence rhetoric, the slurs, the intimidating gang-like mentality of people in fear of things they don't even know and are too ignorant to find out. Let the reality of the situation and history be your guide here, not your ideologies. You think it's just about "your rights", "your tax dollars" or "your America", and it's SO MUCH MORE than that. To the people on the lunatic fringes of political society, tone down the hate while you still can. Because quite honestly, you have NO IDEA of the sleeping giant you're starting to agitate.

And no, your guns aren't gonna save you either.

2. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Things could get very interesting from where im sitting.

The day i awake to hear of open revolution in America, will be the day i stop drinking coke.....And that wont happen

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Dear Lemon:

Eschew the world capitalist soft drink war lords and check out the "South American ethnic" stores in your area. Carbonated cola drinks, which originated in South America several decades before Coke or Pepsi are many and varied. They also are rarely colored "brown" like Coke. Look for Inca Cola (looks like urine, is sweet and will get you a shakin' in two or three sips). There's also Brazo, a cola from Ecuador that is a lovely fizzy pink, has a strong half cola/half lemon taste, and makes great cocktails with enough rum and ice. Brazil has a few "out there" local cola beverages that come in cans and will wake you up and make you snappy.

By the way, it's long not been a secret what goes into CocaCola and Pepsi Cola base syrups. CokaCola is cola with an orange citrus flavoring along with a hint of cinnamon and clove. Pepsi Cola is a cola with a lemon citrus flavoring along with the same hints of cinnamon and clove. There are other ingredients, too. But not the kind that define the flavors of the original Coke and Pepsi. Both use corn syrup rather than sugar syrup (which is the biggest change in the taste of both colas since they were marketed in the late 1800s).

Oh, and there is Iron Cola, with an arm and bulging bicep as it's trade mark. It's actually rather good. Central American, I think (not sure).

NOTE: And why is this cola rant pertinent to this thread? Well, what spooky fringe dwelling person doesn't need a cold, fizzy, highly caffeinated beverage to keep up his ire and stay awake?

#3 midlifebear, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'll join you with the Coke. Diet please. :wink:
    I agree that it's never going to get to that point... at least in the way the fringers are visualizing. Some are so caught up in their own ideologies, that even the concept of "revolution" takes a more symbolic role instead of a real call to action.

They speak these games of revolution, as if it's going to be a bunch of people waving their signs of grammatical and vocabulary impotence, strapped with their water pistols to their backs rushing Washington and taking it over for "the people" as if the entire nation was somehow oppressed by some evil entity. They pander for all of the television, radio and media time they can get... and believe me, they're getting it. Unfortunately, what they're doing is not rallying the nation for their causes but proving that they're insane.

Dare I say this... but when is the "revolution" going to take another step forward? When someone gets shot. Because at that point these fringers will finally start to realize that all of the agitation, the suggestive word play to entice violence, and the metaphorically volatile references to indifference and discrimination was for absolutely NOTHING. They'll all realize that they were nothing more than silly pawns to a cheap political game to shift power in Congress. It's really sad that for some ignorant people it has to get to that point before they start listening. But what usually works in the 'hood also resonates in the trailer park as well, despite the slight tweak in the visuals.

5. conntom

Gold Member

It is too often that the fringe on whatever side cause problems like this. That's what the FBI is there for and they did their job.

6. D_Andreas Sukov

Diet? Ew, no. Original coke or nothing.

When i was in Ecuador, i only say Yankee coke, but on my return ill look harder.

I cant see revolution, but dare i say it, i think it will head with a congressman or someone getting harmed or killed. It is only a matter of time.

7. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Luckily, most members of the Movement are content to express their revolutionary impulses through demonstrations. See Morons With Signs

8. midlifebear

Gold Member

Calboner: 30 points! Excellent link. I'm a smiln'.:smile:

9. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Democracy is only good if everybody does what I want. Should they be foolish enough to choose otherwise, then clearly the only answer is violence. Because that's how democracy works, don't ya know. If you don't like the results that the majority arrived at, you can justifiably kill until they change there opinion. And when the shoe is on the other foot, you can be justifiably outraged should they do the same.

We live in a glorious age! Hipocrisy democracy. It's great on so many levels, the most obvious being that it rhymes.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I know, I know...
    But you gotta watch the figure these days. You can spike mine with some Belvedere if you'd like. :wink:

I can only hope that it doesn't get this far.

11. cdunstan1

Gold Member

Albums:
    Too funny. Thanks!

12. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    A very pithy statement of the outlook of the right-wing dissenters. Thank you.

13. B_Mister Buildington

We like you just the way you are, sugar tits!

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Too bad nobody likes you. And no, I still won't fuck you.

15. fluoro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lemon - this off topic, but I have to tell you - I drank Coke for years on a regular basis and probably ten years or so ago I noticed I felt crappy all the time. After a couple of years thinking I may be getting seriously ill, I finally tried not drinking Coke and discovered I felt like a new person. I presume it was all the corn syrup that really screwed with my body. That was over seven years ago and I haven't had a Coke or the weird uncomfortable symptoms since then. I drink vitamin water now instead and feel great. I've come to the conclusion that Coke is insidious - I loved the taste and sensation, but I know now it was really bad for me. Save yourself!

16. midlifebear

Gold Member

Lemon, I felt the same way about gin until I changed to Bombay Silver.:smile:

17. Pitbull

Gold Member

Cantor is a Republican and did not vote for the Health Care Bill.
    Have to find a different reason.

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wow, you're SO brilliant... NOT!!
    Everyone knows that HCL passed with no Republican support in the House. But that isn't the reason why I started this thread. Listing Eric Cantor was intentional, because making this thread just about Democrats or who supported the bill wasn't the focus.

Try again, Private Snafu. :rolleyes:

#18 B_VinylBoy, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  19. D_Andreas Sukov

Oh, i know its bad for me, but at this point in my life at uni, i need it to keep up with it all. If i dont have a chance to eat, a coke will get me through a ffew hours. And i know the effect it has on my body, because i have seen it....

20. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

For a nation founded in opportunistic revolution the inhabitants are so shit scared of the word.

Draft saved Draft deleted