A Message To The People Posting The Nasty Hate Filled Garbage

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_N Flay Table, Jun 4, 2007.

1. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

this goes out to who ever is posting the hate filled nonsense on this site.

"But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without cause shall be in danger of judgement: and whosoever say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
    Matthew" 5:22

And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
    Luke 6:33

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good in them which despitefully use you and persecute you;
    Matthew 5:44

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9

now ask yourself..
    are you casting judgment? are you without 'sin'? Do you love your enemies the way that jesus asked of you? do you keep the peace?

I am not a 'religious' person, but I thought this would make sense to the people that are posting hate in the name of Jesus, I am sure you are making him very happy.:rolleyes:

2. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks, DJG, I like to see Matthew (former LPSG Mod) quoted...

By not responding to this asshole's posts, his threads will disappear faster.

Onan

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Sorry - but apart from a passing reference to Sodom and Gomorrah at what point did this guy post "in the name of Jesus"?

I know there are some whacked right-wing Christian groups out there but seriously man - don't read Jesus in to all these freaks' rantings. Some people manage to be haters in a non-Christian context too (example: many muslim fundamentalists also believe the dispicable concept of aids as a 'cure' / and I know an atheist or two who thinks along the same lines).

I appreciate what you are trying to say and all, basically you're just showing a different kind of prejudice. The hater didn't bring Jesus' name into - I don't see why you have to superimpose it.

4. Freddie53

Gold Member

By all means Matthew is right. There is another thread "Re" is the beginning word where Novice asks people not to respond to this guy.

I believe I have removed all his threads and posts, if there are still any I missed, report it please.

Thanks to all the members who helped make my job easier tonight. I havent been at computer the entire night so there was a time lag involved in deleting everything.

5. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:

Thanks for the great job, Freddie53!

6. Kassokilleri2ff

Although its true that they didnt say "in the name of jesus" christianity is a big religion and im sure that applys to many of the haters out there. Im athiest personally, so i understand where your coming from, but still, to those who believe in the bible, this puts a message in thier head, hopefully, but probably not. lol, they are assholes after all. ^^

7. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, Freddie, I was attempting to make a joke of the OP's post by reclaiming the quotes from Matthew of the Bible as those of Matthew, the former Mod here. Obviously didn't work.

8. D_N Flay Table

I am sure you are right, it was a liberal aethiest posting all the nasty hatefilled nonsense.

9. Matthew

Gold Member

Hey, I laughed! :biggrin1:

Yeah, I think I wrote a pretty damn good book there. Have you read the other three following? Those guys just copied my story! :mad:

10. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take offence to that remark. Generalisations like that aren't very far from the posts made by the trolls. Please go through each and every post (other than 4 that were aimed at trolls) that I have made and show me where I have posted something judgemental or hateful. If you can take who I am and how I have conducted myself on this site and use it as proof that I am indeed an asshole, then I will gladly accept it.

Yes, I am Christian. Any of the members that have read my posts will back me up when I say that at all times, be it to gay or straight members, I have always shown respect, acceptance and support. I have also been the first to admit that Christianity has failed miserably in certain respects and at certain times. I have accepted the shame that comes with that truth.

Your arrows indicate that you are speaking about ManlyBanisters. Other than her trying to clarify and point out an assumption that may have been made, where has she erred? That she may be referenced as an asshole.

Prejudice is prejudice be it based on religion, sexual identities/preferences, disabilities, race, gender etc. Prejudice is what turns people into trolls.
    The posts made by hardness left me with much sadness today...I have asked myself all day if this is what our sense of being humane has been reduced to? Then another thread about the suffering of a member on this site brought me to even a deeper level of sadness, when I realised that humanity has allowed itself to sink even lower than disease...because as low as a disease may be on the food chain, it isn't prejudiced.

I have learnt much from today's posts, I challenge you to do the same.:wink:

11. aristarchus

aristarchus Member

Thanks for your post, biguy; I concur. Two further observations if I may:

"christianity is a big religion"--yes it is. Big enough that generalities about what "Christians" do, believe, or think are almost invariably wrong. One of the most infuriating things about the obnoxious fundamentalists in America is that they have defamed and coopted the name of "Christian." Because of them, their rants and their political manipulations, the word Christian has wrongly become a term of opprobrium. They are not the only Christians, nor are they the spokesmen for Christianity as a whole. Nor are they representative of it, either now or historically. Because of their actions (and the failure of the media to make distinctions that might compromise their sensationalism or elevate their patter above a fourth-grade level) Catholics, Orthodox, Anglicans, and all the other mainstream Christian denominations get casually tarred with the same brush, as if no difference exists between the angry, drawling, semi-literate bible thumper and the quiet, humble, learned theologian in an academic institute or the selfless, loving people (lay and religious) ministering to the sick, poor, and distressed around the globe every day.

"im sure that applys to many of the haters out there" Probably true, but so does the term "straight." Shall I continue the comparison??

12. Kassokilleri2ff

UHHHHHHHH YEA! you misunderstood me there buddy. I was calling the people on here who were posting all the "nasty hate" assholes. i wasent calling christians assholes. I was saying there are a whole hell of a lot of christians, therefore the op's post would apply to many people. If some of those people are these "nasty hate"posting bastards, then they are the ones who either will, or will not, learn from thier own religious text. If not, no wonder, because they are assholes anyways. More clear now? lol.

13. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    Crystal clear, thanks for clarifying K :wink:

14. D_N Flay Table

REAL christians love people...
    but when people starting telling others that they are goign to "burn in Hell"
    that does make it a religious statement.
    Some of the best people I know and love are REAL christians, I would trust them with my life.
    but people that want to spew hate I have no tollerance for..
    be them christian, muslim, jew or jedi.
    black white yellow blue or green.
    If they want to hate others for their sexual orientation, the color of thier skin, or religious views, well...
    they all can eat my big fat cock.
    DJGIZZLE

15. Freddie53

Gold Member

I believe it was Jesus who taught that to be forgiven you have to forgive. To be loved, you have to love, to receive, you have to give.

Jesus only gave two great commandments. Love God with all your heart. And love thy neighbor as thyself.

The problem is some people hate themselves. So they won't love their neighbor.

Such a pity. This is the basis of Christianity. It is also the main premise of the religions of peace other than Christianity. There are Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and other religions that believe in the same message of love, forgiveness and giving that Jesus taught.

16. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes but unfortunately all of these religions have been perverted by man's
    greed for power . Humans Are flaswed, and are not capable of being
    in control of such power.

17. Freddie53

Gold Member

I partly agree with you. I don't consider the religions perverted, I consider those who claim to follow the religions, but don't to be perverted. A slight difference. I'm not going to blame Jesus, Mohammad, and the Buddha for followers after their death perverting their teachings.

Your second statement is too close to the truth. Humans are flawed. Any good thing done by anyone here on earth will be perverted by someone who can't handle being in control of power that has been given or they have taken.

I'm not going to quit trying to follow the teachings of Jesus just because some nutheads have tried to hijack Jesus and all he stood for.

Jesus himself said there would be "false prophets" that would follow him and say there were of him but would not know him. Jesus always spoke in riddles and parables so it is easy to misstate anything he taught. And there have been plenty willing to do just that. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

18. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are a beautiful man, Freddie! You wear your Christianity beautifully too - you make me proud to be Christian.

I think that if we as Christians...followed, if any, just one of Jesus' instructions, this world would be a much better place. It can be found in John 8: 7b "Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone."

19. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I see your later post clarifying but just to say, I'm not coming from an atheist POV, I'm Roman Catholic - I was just trying to say that you can't tar all followers of Jesus with the same brush. (not that I believe the Christian fundamentalists you were referring to really follow Jesus at all)

Yeah, and fuck you too - Not all atheists are liberals, not all Christians are right wingers - grow up and stop seeing things in black and white - there are only shades of grey.

Thanks for the back-up buddy - I read him that way too before I saw his 2nd post, which, despite his clarification I still find prejudiced - and I agree with you totally on that topic.

Perfectly put!!

You said it Freddie - humans are flawed, any human institution will be flawed as a result. That doesn't mean the beliefs are wrong or tha all believers misappropriate the teachings of their prophets.

I stand by what I said - to assume that the hater is speaking from a Christian standpoint shows prejudice in the same way the hate-posts do.

20. D_N Flay Table

Originally Posted by DJG http://www.lpsg.org/../images36/buttons/viewpost.gif
    I am sure you are right, it was a liberal aethiest posting all the nasty hatefilled nonsense.

"Yeah, and
    fuck you too - Not all atheists are liberals, not all Christians are right wingers - grow up and stop seeing things in black and white - there are only shades of grey."

When did I say that Any one is anything?
    did I say "ALL people are X.."???
    and "All ----- is ------!"???
    No, I didn't, so please do not misquote me.

But since you brought it up, here is a interesting article about that topic.
    Atheism, Atheists & Politics: Do Atheists All Believe The Same Thing on Political Issues?

" "Yeah, and fuck you too"
    hahahaha no need to call names.
    - If you didn't get what I meant by that statement, I was trying to point out irony.

here are some definitions for you:
    There are different kinds of irony. For example:
    • Tragic (or dramatic) irony occurs when a character on stage or in a story is ignorant, but the audience watching knows his or her eventual fate, as in Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet.
    • Socratic irony takes place when someone (classically a teacher) pretends to be foolish or ignorant, to expose the ignorance of another (and the teaching-audience, but not the student-victim, realizes the teacher's plot).
    • Cosmic irony is when a higher being or force interferes in a character's life, creating ironic settings.
    H. W. Fowler, in Modern English Usage, had this to say of irony:
    Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear & shall not understand, & another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware both of that more & of the outsiders’ incomprehension.[1]

I was using the Socratic method of Irony.

once again, no need to call names here. :)

Please feel free to read my next post after the one you quoted.

thanks for being so passionate.

DJG :)

Draft saved Draft deleted