Dicklele

Sexy Member
Media
I've never posted anything before, so i figured i'd start with something big.
Like the grindr decision to remove race filters?
i know they think they did it to solve a problem, but they actually created one.
Now, black people cant find each other anymore.
having no race filters leaves ethnic minorities swimming through a sea of whiteness.

Of course grindr assumes every user wants that.
they'd think they were solving a problem of "no blacks, no asians, no this, no that"
but thats just the majority perspective.

now that grindr is useless, i hope LPSG and other platforms can step up.
if you y'all boost this first post i'll let you see my large penis.
but its bigger than anything grindr will ever suck, and grindr rrreally sucks.
:)

D

deleted5199391

I never used grindr and I don't know if removing race filters would be good or bad in the long run.
Fact is they are a company and they do everything for the money, so I guess this is where people need to hit to change things.

Dicklele

Sexy Member
Media
I never used grindr and I don't know if removing race filters would be good or bad in the long run.
Fact is they are a company and they do everything for the money, so I guess this is where people need to hit to change things.
they removed it because people, mostly not black, wanted to be able to see everyone else, and not be blocked by "no this no that". they felt it was a racist filter, but it works the other way around for minorities who DO need to swim through everyone to find the exceptions

D

deleted5199391

they removed it because people, mostly not black, wanted to be able to see everyone else, and not be blocked by "no this no that". they felt it was a racist filter, but it works the other way around for minorities who DO need to swim through everyone to find the exceptions
Exactly, they just listen to the majority of their users. The only way they could change their mind is that they think this will make them lose money instead of get more.

rockmusl1

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So what you’re saying is that if you were looking for other Black men exclusively, you could block everyone that wasn’t Black? Non-Black Grindrs wouldn’t see you and you wouldn’t see them?

FamousCheet

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think this would be a problem in smaller cities. I live in Atlanta, white people, like myself, are the minority so there really wouldn't be much of an issue of a majority ethnicity finding there own, or a different ethnicity. We have a lot here. Hell, Gwinnett County alone has a majority of Hispanic and Asian population.
The big issue, having used Grindr a few times before and having no luck at all, was the users that never had profile pics or any pics at all. That's a huge turnoff. I won't even look at a profile on a dating site if you have a "meme" pic, or a default pic. That's the biggest issue on there. Maybe they changed the filters again on the premium version. I know last time they had about 80% of the filter options only open to those who paid for the app. But, I'm not going to pay to essentially get a one night stand every now and then.

Dicklele

Sexy Member
Media
So what you’re saying is that if you were looking for other Black men exclusively, you could block everyone that wasn’t Black? Non-Black Grindrs wouldn’t see you and you wouldn’t see them?
they can see me but i'd filter my timeline to see my target so i don't have to swim through 99% non target.

Dicklele

Sexy Member
Media
I think this would be a problem in smaller cities. I live in Atlanta, white people, like myself, are the minority so there really wouldn't be much of an issue of a majority ethnicity finding there own, or a different ethnicity. We have a lot here. Hell, Gwinnett County alone has a majority of Hispanic and Asian population.
The big issue, having used Grindr a few times before and having no luck at all, was the users that never had profile pics or any pics at all. That's a huge turnoff. I won't even look at a profile on a dating site if you have a "meme" pic, or a default pic. That's the biggest issue on there. Maybe they changed the filters again on the premium version. I know last time they had about 80% of the filter options only open to those who paid for the app. But, I'm not going to pay to essentially get a one night stand every now and then.
you're right! where i live, only 2% are black, so....its not that we dont exist, we just drown out there.