A moral LPSG dilemna...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by faceking, Jul 31, 2006.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    So I'm curious on some guidance here.

I post videos in my gallery, and they are fairly well-recieved. Currently, only "gold members" a la 'subscribers' can only view videos and pictures as thumbnails only.

I have on occasion PM'd requests for my videos to free public-hosted versions. Or I'll post them in a thread.

Normally, maybe not a big deal, but roughly counting, my videos have well over 50,000 views. I have to assume that is a lot. I'm not sure what the full gamut of 'services' provided to subscribing members, but have to believe it's the Gallery getting the most attention.

Asking if that is not right to post free versions here... I think the answer is 'yes, it's not right'. If you want to view them here, or contact me through here you should subscribe... or I can send only one (as a preview) and then the rest you need to subscribe, or find my stuff elsewhere.

Thoughts appreciated...

2. sares

sares New Member

I think that keeping your videos as a subscriber benefit is a huge impetus for people to subscribe. I used to make virtual kid's toys for a subscription site and I always turned away beggars, because my stuff was highly rated and drove them to sign up. I considered it doing my bit. :tongue:

3. faceking

Albums:
    I guess doing my bit on camera, serves the Groups "doing my bit". Tit for tat... :cool:

4. mindseye

Gold Member

They're your videos, do with them as you will. If you put them up somewhere like rapidshare for free viewing, that doesn't cost Rob any bandwidth, so I can't see why he'd object. The point of the gold memberships here, as I understand it, is to help cover the costs of the most bandwidth-intensive features we offer.

5. jeremyA

jeremyA New Member

Albums:
    Not so much with the videos as with member photos, there is a problem with the security measures in place, its partly to do with the way the gallery has been set up and if someone is using Firefox as their browser.My lips are sealed as to what the problem is exactly.Mmmm mmm mmmmmm mmm mm mmmmm mmm mm mmmmm.

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    ... what, like people using fake ones? :rolleyes:

7. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Before the questions start (asking Dr, or someone else to prove it), to illustrate Dr's point, see the attached (resized to comply with message attachment restrictions). Again, I just notice patterns, and the use of the "cloning tool", so others can get into the other problems.

On the right, the areas enclosed are a pixel-for-pixel match. On the left the 2 arrow-like dark lines, then the solid straight line above them, along with the dark spot, highlighted by the crescents, are identical. The only "clever" part about it is that they been cloned, or pasted, in at an angle, so the matches aren't as obvious, also producing the "bend".

Attached Files:

8. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I say, Bingo.

9. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    I wonder .... if you really want amenable to a larger audience seeing your videos, perhaps you should consider posting them to xtube.com or dudetube.com (or one of the "tubes") and just post a URL to your video profile on one of those sites. They seemed more equipped to handle video and viewership en masse.

10. jeremyA

jeremyA New Member

Albums:
    Nooo not using fake videos,that would be quite odd,however using browsers other than internet exploder allows you to get around the #must be a gold memebr to peer at stuff' limitation.

11. faceking

Albums:
    Guess I was thinking it's not fair to advertise.... that video exists, and some gold members enjoy them and make it worth the price of admission, while I take the attention around a video, and point it elsewhere.

In answering my own question, I shouldn't post Rapidshare links... if someone PMs me, or finds them elsewhere so be it.

12. jfrsndvs

jfrsndvs Member

Albums:
    I think that you should keep your vids right where they are, I am not a gold member at this time, when the time is right and I have the little extra in my budget, I will get the gold membership.

those who have paid the price of the gold membership should be the only ones have the honors of viewing your video, I think that it's wrong for those who don't want to pay to ask you to send it to them, I certainly would never ask you or any other member of this board to send me their video or private pictures without me being a gold member first.

if you wish to share on rapidshare or one of those other file sharing sites, that is your right to do so, that is your video and if you want to it here only, then only those who paid for the membership should be the only ones to view it. maybe in a couple of weeks I might get that membership, if not, oh well, I lived without seeing it before, so it's no real loss to me.

13. Reese

Reese New Member

Faceking~

Echoing the sentiment: They're your videos, do with them what you will. My wife signed up for full membership here, which obviously means she's more cock-hungry than I am (yeah, right), but our own vids are available elsewhere as well. If you've got the bandwidth on your own server, or can find a free one upon which to host them, just do it! There are plenty already posting links to their vids on the "Adult Websites" category of the forum and, since they're not moderated out, I guess it's ok...

~Reese! :~)

P.S. ...unless admin or a moderator tells us differently, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted