A mosque at Ground Zero!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
how do you train terrorists in a building thats open to the public? yeah, all that basketball is going to make great training :rolleyes:

And the cooking. Don't forget the chefs!! The community center is also going to have a cooking school. Damn all of that terrorist training through good cuisine!!!! :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

DevonTexas

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
how do you train terrorists in a building thats open to the public? yeah, all that basketball is going to make great training :rolleyes:

I'm trying to slowly change my mind on this, but you cannot escape the fact that Islam is the most reactionary, dangerous and hell-bent on killing people religion in the mainstream today.

DevonTexas

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes I can.

Yes you can escape or yes you can something else... btw.. Bill Maher, America's most favorite liberal totally agrees with me on this point. Islam is the most dangerous religion of any mainstream ideologies.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm trying to slowly change my mind on this, but you cannot escape the fact that Islam is the most reactionary, dangerous and hell-bent on killing people religion in the mainstream today.

let's just ignore the fact that every mainstream religion is hell-bent on killing someone, and all the wars and strife caused over religious differences.

Fuck religion. If people want turn their world up on end for some 5000 year old book written by a bunch of random weirdos spread across ancient Europe (or the middle east, or northern Africa, etc.) fuck, it's their life. As for the rest of us, let's just realize it doesn't really matter, and for the most part, it doesn't really affect us anyway.

So a bunch of people want to build a "Worship-place" where they can waste away and help the community with problems no one cares about yippee, I still don't see why it's caused so many people to rip their hair out, running in frantic circles over it. Grow the fuck up.

40 fuckin pages, aren't yall proud?:lmao:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DevonTexas: It's best to find out the reasons why people say certain comments instead of blindly assuming that someone is on your side. Bill Maher is a Libertarian, although he leans left on many different subject matters. But the biggest news of them all is the reason why Maher is against the Muslim center near Ground Zero... it's because he hates ALL religions and thinks nobody should have a place of worship there. It's not because some people consider Islam more violent than the others like you and so many have stated on this board. http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/14/bill-maher-ground-zero-mosque-sarah-palin-evi/

On the surface you and Maher may agree on a few bullet points, but you certainly don't share his full sentiments. So don't twist this into something it isn't. BTW, If that clip where he's interviewed and answers the question in his own words doesn't convince you, then watch his movie "Religulous".

Last edited:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes you can escape or yes you can something else... btw.. Bill Maher, America's most favorite liberal totally agrees with me on this point. Islam is the most dangerous religion of any mainstream ideologies.

Bill Maher is no paragon of civic truth and knowledge. Its great to hear folks like you ADMIT your bigotry

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And the cooking. Don't forget the chefs!! The community center is also going to have a cooking school. Damn all of that terrorist training through good cuisine!!!! :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

That's how they're going to kill us - with a diet high in salt and fat. :rolleyes:

First, they're going to Bombe Alaska! :tongue:

*groan*

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
And I always thought Alaska was baked... which might offer a reasonable account for Sarah's POV.

Just cause 43 pages (amazingly) ain't covered it all, here's an interesting piece from the Times on the meaning of the Koran (if a short article can cover such a large topic... :rolleyes:), which seems appropriate given the level of hubbub/noise on the subject. I did learn from it, that Muslims used to celebrate Yom Kippur (which is today btw - I am sure I have more to atone for than I can recall) and prayed to Jerusalem, not Mecca.

The Meaning of the Koran - NYTimes.com

D

deleted257218

I don't get why you're so bothered by this. Between protesting against a Mosque at Ground Zero and plans to burn Korans you're really looking good to the rest of the World....

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Neither has the UK

True, but I think what TK was pointing out is that the US has gotten more negative press about a splinter group preacher, Rev. Jones, who wants to bring attention, really money, to his bankrupt church/flock for attempting to burn the Koran, than the Swiss did for voting to ban minarets, for which I believe they have all of two, and none visible.

OTOH the Danish cartoonist, who drew the cartoons of Muhammad, drew even more ire than Rev. Jones. He got fatwas, just like Solomon Rushdie.

Read a scary stat today that 60% of the Arab world is illiterate. Also, 57% of Arabs oppose, according to a poll cited in today's WSJ's ed pages, building the Mosque, near GZ, in NYC. Don't have any verification of either poll's but numbers, but if true, those are both scary, and surprising stats.