a movie I hate

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love and hate horror films, I'd love to be truly scared by one, it's never going to happen, I've seen so many over the years and none of them have sent me to bed scared, the ones that came closest to scaring me were the original 'The Haunting', you never see anything and there's still a claustrophobic sense of something building towards a climax despite there being very little true action, 'Night of The Demon', quite a barebones script but with a sense of implacable inevitability that the baddy is going to get his in the end, and 'Psycho', you know what's going to happen and you still mentally shout at her to get out, all old films and very atmospheric. I could watch 'The Exorcist', 'Rosemary's Baby', 'Evil Dead', all the films usually listed as 'scariest' alone in a cemetery on Halloween and not be the least bit terrified.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
They might be "well made" but I can't stand movies where a major character gets a terminal illness and dies!

ie...Love Story, Terms of Endearment, Steel Magnolias...

Heh, that was the only thing that saved me from disliking Moulin Rouge. Other than that the characters were incredibly dull (and I didn't like a lot of the music).

Worst movies I've seen are The Weatherman (with Nicolas Cage, I hated every character in it) and Lucky Number Slevin (any movie that takes upwards of 20 minutes to explain the twist is just plain bad). I wanted to claw my eyes out during both.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My worst two: "Beloved." The scene featuring Oprah Winfrey squatting down to take a piss in the bushes did not add to the confusing storyline. I HATE, LOATHE; & DESPISE the movie Beloved! I was so angry when I left the theater, not only had I lost 3.5 hours of my life I had used the last of my birthday movie gift certificates to see that dreck :12: :headache:

"St. Elmos Fire." Had no redeeming values that I could detect. They didn't call that group of pretentious young actors/acresses "The Brat Pack" for nothing.
I actually love this movie and will drop everything to watch it when ever it's on.

The Road to Perdition (I know the title should have given it away, but man, that was depressing) That has to be the worst movie Tom Hanks has ever made and that includes Joe vs. the California.

The Wedding Planner (I was cajoled into seeing it by some friends who liked Dawson's Creek... I should never have trusted their taste)
With the exception of Selena, I have yet to like anything in which Jennifer Lopez attempts to act.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I love and hate horror films, I'd love to be truly scared by one, it's never going to happen, I've seen so many over the years and none of them have sent me to bed scared, the ones that came closest to scaring me were the original 'The Haunting', you never see anything and there's still a claustrophobic sense of something building towards a climax despite there being very little true action, 'Night of The Demon', quite a barebones script but with a sense of implacable inevitability that the baddy is going to get his in the end, and 'Psycho', you know what's going to happen and you still mentally shout at her to get out, all old films and very atmospheric. I could watch 'The Exorcist', 'Rosemary's Baby', 'Evil Dead', all the films usually listed as 'scariest' alone in a cemetery on Halloween and not be the least bit terrified.

I thought that til I saw the Ring - but then I was sleeping next to a big fucking TV at the time... bad move.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought that til I saw the Ring - but then I was sleeping next to a big fucking TV at the time... bad move.

God I hate The Ring. It's like the movie version of all those insidiously stupid chain letters you get in your e-mail inbox. ugh. So dumb. So not scary. and that's got me thinking of other awful horror movies I've hated. Let's see... already listed:

The Ring
The Blair Witch Project
Hostel (big budget snuff film)

should add:

The Grudge
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
I Know What You Did Last Summer (tried to be as clever and charasmatic as Scream, failed miserably)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (the first one was bad, too, but not so bad that I can say I hated it)
House of 1000 Corpses (the poor man's Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
for that matter: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake
The Exorcist (pure camp)
Signs (Shamalamallama is sooooooo overrated)
The Village (ditto. so damn pretentious as a filmmaker, too)
Halloween
any and all sequels to the above movies

Only "horror" films I can think of that I've liked, and that's probably because all of these could arguably inhabit other genres:
Alien
Aliens
The Terminator
Scream
to a much lesser extent.. Scream 2
Jurassic Park
Fire in the Sky
The Sixth Sense
The Shining (kind of dumb, but Nicholson and Kubrick elevate this)
Sleepy Hollow

none of the above scared me, either, but at least they were entertaining because they didn't rely on shocking or grossing-out their audience to be their only inherent value.

In fairness, Fire in the Sky did give me the heebie-jeebies.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
On re-watch the Ring was not at all scarey and, yes, even a little lame - but the first time I watched it, I have to confess, it freaked me out. In a way I've not been freaked out since I was a kid watching the Fog. Lasted 2 nights, then I got over it. :dunno:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hated "the Three Amigos" The only movie I ever wanted to walk out on....and I was on an airplane at the time (brr,ummp,ummp)
The only movie I ever wanted to walk out of the movie theater because of.
The person I was with did not want to leave.
I could not find a laugh in the whole thing...and I am a huge Steve Martin fan...especially his early movies.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
God I hate The Ring.
The ring was a non scary bore fest (they gave everything away in the TV ads)

Friday the 13th
I loved this movie. I thought it was great and had a great twist at the end (I mean Jasons mother, although the scene in the lake at the end was cool too.)

The Exorcist (pure camp)
Considered by many to be the best horror movie ever. considering there was no slashing murders that is a lot to say. I love it, it still scares me.

The Village (ditto. so damn pretentious as a filmmaker, too)
I can understand why others didn't like it, but I did like the twist at the end.

Halloween
Also considered one of the best horror movies of all time. I thought it was a well made horror film.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I avoid like the plague anything which stars:
Will Ferrell
Martin Short
Adam Sandler
Pauly Shore

I like Ferrell and Short alright.

Sandler I think is hit-and-miss. I've hated, despised, and/or strongly disliked:
Little Nicky
The Waterboy
Mr. Deeds
Big Daddy
Billy Madison

on the other hand, I've liked:
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
50 First Dates

I think he's much more tolerable when he plays a character approaching normal.

Pauly Shore I don't think anyone likes... how the hell did he make so many movies?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

The original Halloween and Friday the 13th were, at the very least, much better than any of their sequels. I'll give them that much. Still not my cup of tea.

I know the Exorcist is widely regarded as the best horror film of all time. That's part of why I hate it. I find it to be awful, and more laugh-out-loud funny than scary.

The Village... I hate how M Night's movies all HAVE to have some stupid twist in them now, since that's what he got famous for with 6th Sense. The Village was IMO the worst case of this, there were several very forced very hokey twists throughout the course of the movie, before you got to the BIG twist at the end, which in addition to rendering all the previous twists pointless and lame, I thought was just kind of dumb and a cheap way to end a film that had been very deceptively marketed and executed. I think the premise of the film could have had some promise in the hands of a better director.

btw, I also HATE Unbreakable. M Night's worst, IMO, though I've never seen his latest one which all the critics seemed to agree was awful.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like Ferrell and Short alright.
Sandler I think is hit-and-miss.
Pauly Shore I don't think anyone likes... how the hell did he make so many movies?

So many movies?...all I can remember form his is that terrible Biodome movie.

The only movie I liked out of those four actors is Elf. I think it was an instant Christmas clssic.

Ferrell, Short and Sandler were great on SNL.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So many movies?...all I can remember form his is that terrible Biodome movie.

Between 1992 and 1996 he had starring roles in Encino Man, Son in Law, In the Army Now, Jury Duty, and Bio-Dome. He had supporting roles in A Goofy Movie and Class Act. In 1997, he got his own TV show, which was cancelled after five episodes and more or less ended his career.... though he has made numerous television appearances since then.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
btw, I also HATE Unbreakable. M Night's worst, IMO, though I've never seen his latest one which all the critics seemed to agree was awful.

I hated Unbreakable it should have been called Unwatchable, as bad as it was, his last movie (Lady in the Water..I think that's what it was called) was worse.

I remember reading the book the Exorcist and being so scared I had to put it down, and continue later.

I was young when I saw the movie and was terrified.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Horror movies get a bad rap.

The Descent - one of the best movies of 2005. It was very well-made, probably because it wasn't a Hollywood movie.

The Ring - wasn't scary, but it was sufficiently creepy.

The Blair Witch Project - if you've ever been lost in the woods, especially as a kid, I'm sure you'd appreciate this movie much more.

Saw and Saw II - These movies are a guilty pleasure.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Horror movies get a bad rap.

The Descent - one of the best movies of 2005. It was very well-made, probably because it wasn't a Hollywood movie.

The Ring - wasn't scary, but it was sufficiently creepy.

The Blair Witch Project - if you've ever been lost in the woods, especially as a kid, I'm sure you'd appreciate this movie much more.

Saw and Saw II - These movies are a guilty pleasure.

have hated all of those, except Saw II and The Descent which I never saw, and I've been lost in the woods before.

anyway, c'mon rec... you're supposed to be naming movies you hate.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Showgirls is a top film, not for script acting or direction/production but the fact they got away with that sh1t is enough to earn it a place in the Boyz top 10 films of all time...it's a classic. Sh1t but a classic!!!

Laughing....they got away with it because those reviewing it for approval were so horrified at the train wreck they were watching they signed off by accident! :biggrin1: :tongue: :wink:

Movies I never, ever watch and won't are horror ones. People getting killed, chopped up, blood and gore, physically makes me ill. I would have thought it wouldn't bother me because of my job, but if anything it makes me more sensitive.

To catch up, as far as actors go, I will NOT or no longer see any movies with Sean Penn, Winona Ryder, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger, Chris Rock, Pamela Anderson, Jennifer Lopez. There are more, but these are the top that I can not stand for one reason or another and it takes any enjoyment out of the show.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To catch up, as far as actors go, I will NOT or no longer see any movies with Sean Penn, Winona Ryder, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger, Chris Rock, Pamela Anderson, Jennifer Lopez. There are more, but these are the top that I can not stand for one reason or another and it takes any enjoyment out of the show.

Showgirls is so bad that it's GOOD.

As far as these actors go. I think that Sean Penn is a very good actor.
Tom Cruise I don't really like, but if he is in a movie that looks good, I will see it. I think I have seen most of his movies except the Last Samurai, Top Gun and Born on the Fourth of July.