a movie I hate

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<.>
Must agree with the teenage pop star movies. I don't think anything good has ever come of that. I thought 8 Mile was good, though Eminem isn't a teenager. But I think you're thinking more of Britney Spears, Mandy Moore, and their ilk.

You name it. Who told them that if they can't sing, they can act? Actually, the number of singers who put on good acting performances is limited: Tina Turner in Beyond the thunderdome was good, Sting had a few good performances too, but other than those, I can't think of anyone else for the moment.

If someone told me to act with my limited abilities through a bad script, I would feel so embarrassed that I would never hit a stage again, ever.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Disney's Mary Poppins is one of the lamest movies of all time. I also hated Alice in Wonderland, The Jungle Book and Winnie the Poo. They should leave the classics alone!!! (I grew up with the REAL books and stories)

And I couldn't believe how stilted, pompous and emotionally fake all the "Prequels" were (Star Wars Episodes 1, 2, and 3) The original Star Wars movies had such campy energy -- completely absent in the Prequels.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Lindsay Lohan did a great job in FREAKY FRIDAY, and too bad about her recent troubles. She's one talented person.

As for teens who can act, Amanda Bynes did some good stuff.

The whole "first" three STAR WARS films remain the least rewatched DVDs I have. There's whole rift in the first one which was lifted the THE INVISIBLE BOY, and that appeared in and around 1957. My son tends to avoid them. The energy and edginess in the others just isn't there. And there are people wishing to see a PHANTOM MENACE with Jar Jar Binks edited out.

Let's point out one bad flick from a TV series: FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY.

And THE STAR WARS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. Barf bag, anyone?

8.5x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

The history student in me was screaming in rage. And the movie was just poorly done, overall.

xLx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Donny Darko!

it was like David Lynch directing Ferris Bueller's Day Off
just doesnt work

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is today International bump your thread day?:wink:

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Face Off.

I mean there was about 2' in height alone between Cage and Travolta, plus body hair adn build and cock details and Travolta's wife never even noticed when Cage with Travolta's face screwed her?

Plus the absurd gun scene at the end.

We were all silent for a good half-hour after leaving the cinema after which someone said "So. What you doing tomorrow" no mention of the film. LOL.

Just about said it all.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

The history student in me was screaming in rage. And the movie was just poorly done, overall.
I found the revisionism to be offensive. The was dumbed down and Americanized, and it still didn't do well at the box office. Elizabeth's relationship with Robert Dudley was real and far more interesting.

Snakes on a Plane. Christ, that film was bad.
I haven't even seen it. I refuse.
the brave one_neil jordan (starring jodie foster)
This movie wasn't well-made, but it's a nice guilty pleasure. I got off on seeing those scumbags get killed, even thought I disagree with capitol punishment. I liked the ending. I would just as soon watch Dexter, though.
Forest Gump has to be an all-time snoozer. I've never been able to sit all the way through it. I've only been able to stomach it in small doses.
Interesting. This is one of my favorite movies. I like it's simplicity, it's character development, and the Chauncy Gardener effect of the main character.

american psycho
I thought that this movie was mediocre, but had some impressive scenes. I loved when Bale's character felt that he needed to kill his business associate because his business cards were slightly nicer.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Before posting, I scrolled through previous mentions of movies hated and surprisingly enough, some were ones I liked. So...with that being said, here is my choice. I'm sure someone will disagree.

WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER

(Even Plan 9 From Outer Space made more sense!) :tongue:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if "hate" is the right word for this, because I can sometimes (but not always!) like the movie except for this one part...

Movies where either the main character or the main character's love interest winds up getting a terminal illness and dies! :frown1: