A Murder And Manhunt Become National Theater

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'Dog the Bounty Hunter' joins the search for Brian Laundrie

Unless someone has been living in a parallel universe, most likely they're quite familiar with the cast of characters and the sad ending of one beautiful young life. What's remarkable is how swiftly this missing person case has escalated into a murder and now a manhunt in the swampland of South Florida, do in large part to the lax surveillance of a hick, small town police department. As of now it seems as-if most of the military equipment and manpower that was stationed over in Kabul is now being deployed in the Carlton Nature Preserve in southern Sarasota County to find an elusive 23-year-old murder suspect. John Walsh from America's Most Wanted angrily snapped they were wasting time; by now Brian Laundrie has had more than sufficient time to leave the country. Heck, he could be basking on a far-off tropical beach while searchers were busy dodging giant alligators and 15-foot Burmese pythons in the swamp.

But where this case really departs from an ordinary manhunt into a crass, Made In America reality show, are the usual suspects elbowing and falling over one another to get in the media spotlight. In California, an African-American Congresswoman Maxine Waters and a number of her brethren complained vociferously over the amount of publicity and exposure this case had earned. Although I seldom pay attention to what Maxine Waters says, I gather that she was upset over the fact that Gabby Pepito was young, blonde and attractive. According to Ms. Waters, if Gabby were a member of a minority group (or ugly) there would be no all-terrain vehicles with tank treads plowing through the marsh, air boats and helicopters equipped with infrared thermal imaging flying in a grid pattern over Carlton Preserve, collectively seeking to find one felonious, murdering geek.

And now-- in the interest of all things surreal-- the other cowboy boot with shoe lifts has dropped auspiciously right in the middle of this hootenanny. Duane (Dog) Chapman, reality show bounty hunter has arrived in North Port, Florida with his flowing, dyed-blonde thinning locks and hair extensions, cool-dude sunglasses and a can of pepper spray-- Dog Chapman doesn't avow the use of weapons in the capture of his stupid and inept TV suspects eluding justice. If I were Brian Laundrie I'd be quaking in my hiking shoes.

In the midst of all this theater a basic message is being lost. One doesn't have to look half a world away at the Taliban in Afghanistan to find the pandemic of violence against women thriving. It's alive and well right here in the U.S.A..

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Duane Chapman - Wikipedia

It's said that Duane Chapman dreamed-up his television persona while in prison. His delusion received a fortuitous bounce in 2003 when he and his family members caught a trust fund playboy on the run from the law in Mexico.

Through his mother's side of the family Andrew Luster was a minor heir to the Max Factor fortune. At the time he jumped bail, Luster was swiftly spending through a $1 million dollar inheritance at a California beach house, living in the lap of luxury and banging the babes. On the run from the law and possessing survival skills of a Prince Andrew, the cosmetics heir naturally chose a luxury resort city of Puerto Vallarta to lay low, since no one would ever suspect of looking for a tanned, overtly white American tourist there.

Duane (Dog) Chapman had chosen this fleeing fugitive well. At a realistic height of barely 5' 7" Chapman relied heavily on his carefully-crafted Hells Angels biker look to persuade his bail jumping suspects to obediently submit to capture. At 6' 2" Andrew Luster could have presented problems for he and the other members of his family posse, all of which were the height of a typical kiddie Pop Warner football offensive line.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dog the Bounty Hunter sends in the K-9 unit

Call me cynical, but Duane (mad-dog hound-dog) Chapman is pitching a new reality show, based naturally in Florida, while simultaneously vowing to find Brian Laundrie. In the interests of full disclosure, wifey and I are now in our Tampa Bay home; all the better to glean on to every morsel of information that's uncovered by the bounty hunter with the terminal tan.

With all the hoopla and media announcements he could muster, Dog the Bounty Hunter rounded-up a private K-9 unit consisting of a few tubby handlers and two Digger the Dogs with media friendly doggie faces. Together the private posse went aboard a boat for a trip out to Egmont Key, a 328 acre state park located in the Gulf of Mexico. Duane Chapman had calculated that the two mile distance from Fort De Soto Park to Egmont Key was the maximum range of a thin-armed, modestly muscled Brian Laundrie paddling a kayak. Unfortunately, it came as no surprise that all Dog and his team manage to scrounged-up was an empty can of Monster Energy Ultra Gold. I'm betting that took roughly ten seconds considering the number of weekend boating visitors.

Please stay tuned. There are many more spits of land in-and-around Tampa Bay left for Dog Chapman to hunt for bounty prey. Wife and I have been taken by boat to Passage Key (also known as naked island) which is immediately south of Egmont Key. Then there is Pine Key or Beer Can Island, which was weekend party central-- until Hillsborough County authorities put and end to the festivities on the big floating Tiki Bar owners of the island had installed there.

Last edited:

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why don’t black women who have tv shows ever bring this up?
Wrong question!!!

The question should be "Why doesn't all media give missing women of color the same news coverage as this and other white women?

;)

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Look at his first reply in the thread.

I missed it earlier; I should have read back a post or two!

Thank goodness one of my esteemed cohorts took the appropriate action. ;)

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
https://www.twitter.com/WFLAJosh/Status/1448067591763812352

On Twitter and underneath the cover of a palm tree, Dog the Bounty Hunter lays-down the gauntlet in his quest to find Brian Laundrie. An umbrella rum drink is just out of camera range.

Breaking News: Dog the Bounty Hunter is heroically remaining in the state of Florida to continue his search for Brian Laundrie, despite an excruciatingly painful ankle sprain. Manly-men do manly things and fight-on despite injury and bleak odds. The Rams Jack Youngblood once played in Super Bowl XIV with a broken leg. So in that heroic tradition Dog and his team have set-up a new strategic lair, reportedly at the historic (and luxurious) Don Cesar resort on St. Pete beach.

Recently WFLA anchor Mike Benson has struck-up a friendship of sorts with Chapman, enabling Benson to scoop others in the national media, frequently reporting updates on Dog's latest plans in his search for the elusive Laundrie. Josh Benson has earned good credentials in Tampa Bay. However it may have been his acceptance to look past Chapman's unusual appearance and concentrate on the search itself that earns him kudos. Contrast that with Mike Calta, Tampa's highest-rated morning radio host, who yucks it up every time he mentions Dog the Bounty Hunter: "What a tool! What a stunad! His skin looks like a piece of leather!" :joy::joy: Oh how cruel some people can be.

oldguyontinder

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
For those who see racism and classism everywhere, you have to remember that most people who disappear are on the fringes of society, they have burned many bridges with family and long time friends and rarely have steady employment. This makes these cases really hard to investigate. The reason Gabbie’s death is getting so much attention is because she had a good relationship with her family, had friends irl, and lots of internet followers. This means that there are lots of leads.

Reactions: thirteenbyseven

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Um, yeah. Congrats on the Trump hot take...but every word you said is inaccurate. Also stinks of victim blaming.

Missing Indigenous Women

Of 6000 missing indigenous women reported missing only 116 were listed in the National Missing Persons database.

There are too many proof positive studies illustrating how cases of BIPOC women who go missing are purposefully mishandled by authorities. Reports go missing or are not filed. Escalation to statewide or national searches are almost nonexistent. Follow up is completely lacking, cases are dropped within weeks if not days.

Similar statistics exist when you examine how crimes against BIPOC women are handled. Everything from a higher number of unprocessed rape kits to light sentences for men convicted of crimes against BIPOC women

No ill will on the poor girl murdered by her asshole partner none of the vitriol should go her way. The media only cared because she is an attractive, young white girl with social media presence, living out a Gen Z fantasy with a van-life Instagram fairytale.

Also. And this should not be ignored, but will be, there were multiple times when Gabbie could have been saved if authorities or bystanders stepped in. Nobody did. Violence against women needs to get the same response from authorizes as other violent crimes. They wouldn't let a mugging victim leave the scene with the assailant. Stop giving violent men a pass.

Last edited:

oldguyontinder

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Um, yeah. Congrats on the Trump hot take...but every word you said is inaccurate. Also stinks of victim blaming.

Missing Indigenous Women

Of 6000 missing indigenous women reported missing only 116 were listed in the National Missing Persons database.

There are too many proof positive studies illustrating how cases of BIPOC women who go missing are purposefully mishandled by authorities. Reports go missing or are not filed. Escalation to statewide or national searches are almost nonexistent. Follow up is completely lacking, cases are dropped within weeks if not days.

Similar statistics exist when you examine how crimes against BIPOC women are handled. Everything from a higher number of unprocessed rape kits to light sentences for men convicted of crimes against BIPOC women

No ill will on the poor girl murdered by her asshole partner none of the vitriol should go her way. The media only cared because she is an attractive, young white girl with social media presence, living out a Gen Z fantasy with a van-life Instagram fairytale.

Also. And this should not be ignored, but will be, there were multiple times when Gabbie could have been saved if authorities or bystanders stepped in. Nobody did. Violence against women needs to get the same response from authorizes as other violent crimes. They wouldn't let a mugging victim leave the scene with the assailant. Stop giving violent men a pass.

Have you ever considered thinking for yourself instead of just listening to the left wing media BS??? They were pulled over because a cop saw her hitting him. Sometimes people just snap and that’s what happened here... there was no history of abuse. I’m not sticking up for Laundrie, if he is still alive I hope he goes to jail and leaves in a body bag.

I am simply stating facts and you hipsters can’t handle that... do you think white women who are drug addicts and prostitutes get a lot of attention when they go missing? No, and it’s because the only people they regularly associate with are not going to want to work with law enforcement. Quit being an asshole.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*blink* yeah...ya showing that sheet wearing ass of your's, Old Guy.

You do understand that not all missing BIPOC women are prostitutes and drug addicts? Like, hooker is not a default setting. Most are just women existing which is apparently not safe in this country.

Even if that were the case, and it's not, the socio-economic and support disparity is a more pressing matter than media coverage.

I can't ignore you. But I can stop responding. I have better things to do with my day than attempt to find one corner of your brain not named with Fox News headline.

Left Wing Media my right ass cheek : unamused:

oldguyontinder

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
*blink* yeah...ya showing that sheet wearing ass of your's, Old Guy.

You do understand that not all missing BIPOC women are prostitutes and drug addicts? Like, hooker is not a default setting. Most are just women existing which is apparently not safe in this country.

Even if that were the case, and it's not, the socio-economic and support disparity is a more pressing matter than media coverage.

I can't ignore you. But I can stop responding. I have better things to do with my day than attempt to find one corner of your brain not named with Fox News headline.

Left Wing Media my right ass cheek : unamused:

it’s so sad that you feel that because you are gay that you have to be a left winger... actually it’s just pathetic... You just can’t deal with the truth... if we legalized prostitution and made it safer for sex workers this issue would be greatly reduced.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dog gives terrifying warning to Brian Laundrie - but says he WON'T kill him

As many may have suspected, I've taken-up the torch to relay any important updates in Dog the Bounty Hunter's determined quest to find Brian Laundrie. Recently he shouted a challenge for Laundrie to turn himself in and be a man! From the densely tropical and swampy background, the video could have been made in the Carlton Reserve south of Sarasota. It also could have been in the immediate aftermath of Dog twisting his ankle on an underwater clump of grass while wading through the water. That would account for his red-faced, angry (and terrifying) disposition. :joy:

I think Duane Chapman was attempting to portray Sylvester Stallone as Rambo. Recall that scene where Rambo eerily emerges from below the coal dark waters of a Southeast Asian river, wearing twin gun belts and gripping an M60 machine gun? You want terrifying, that was terrifying. Dog just looks like a tuckered-out 68-year-old who could use gobs of sunblock and a cold beer.

PostPhobos

Loved Member
Media
it’s so sad that you feel that because you are gay that you have to be a left winger... actually it’s just pathetic... You just can’t deal with the truth... if we legalized prostitution and made it safer for sex workers this issue would be greatly reduced.

I feel like this translates to "AGREE WITH ME YOU DAMNED HOMO HIPPIE."

And I'm surprised you've collected data and done a study on the effects of legalized prostitution. I respect both public health officials and sociologists, so whichever you are I look forward to reading the peer reviewed article when you've got time to publish.