A new recommendation from the CDC??

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I really don't want to start the controversy again. But I admit I am surprised that the CDC may even be considering this! I just think that is a decision of the parents or later with the male child at a more mature age. So, here goes:

There is a (possible?) government recommendation of routine newborn male circumcision. The comments on a petition are powerful - mothers, fathers and sons speaking out against any CDC decision to promote this unnecessary and painful procedure.

As you know, no medical society in the world recommends infant circumcision. The CDC draft recommendations are due out soon - please take a minute to share this petition with your friends, family and social networks.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really don't want to start the controversy again. But I admit I am surprised that the CDC may even be considering this! I just think that is a decision of the parents or later with the male child at a more mature age. So, here goes:

There is a (possible?) government recommendation of routine newborn male circumcision. The comments on a petition are powerful - mothers, fathers and sons speaking out against any CDC decision to promote this unnecessary and painful procedure.

As you know, no medical society in the world recommends infant circumcision. The CDC draft recommendations are due out soon - please take a minute to share this petition with your friends, family and social networks.

Do you have any links to the petition, or other news articles regarding this?... thanks..

Tally

Experimental Member
Media
Do you have any links to the petition, or other news articles regarding this?... thanks..
Intact America has a petition you can sign for telling the CDC that you are opposed to them changing their position on routine infant circumcision. There is another link here. Currently, the CDC does not recommend routine infant circumcision. If they change their position and recommend routine infant circumcision, they will be the only medical organization to recommend cutting baby boys.