A new underwear brand. Wow.

slab8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found the most comfortable underwear I've ever worn, and I needed to share. They're called Woodiees. They are lightweight, soft and smooth, and I can't even tell I am wearing them. You larger guys, don't worry, they will accommodate you. They are stretchy and gently supportive in a way that cotton will never be. The boxers don't ride up at all under dress pants. They feel way better than going commando. The briefs keep my package forward and unrestricted.
I found them here Woodiees : Buy Men's Fashion Online, The Sexy Fashion Shop DealByEthan.com
Then I went to their website http://www.woodiees.com and discovered they ship for free. Outstanding.

S

SirConcis

They are not spandex... the web site states they are made from wood. I am guessing thsoe are micro fibre technology. There is some companies that have hemp based micro fibres as well. I am guessing we'll see all sorts of micro fibre based underwear. Sort of like "bio" food.

Personally, I am not sure I want to have trees cut down to make underwear.

phoenixdown117

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wear "wood" socks because they breathe better than cotton. It feels similar to rayon or really soft cotton.

It's good material, but I'm still totally in love with basic Hanes fashion briefs. They make my butt look cute. :)

One pair of boxers for $22 or a 5-pack of briefs for $8? I'll take the latter. But hey, to each his own.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
RIPS used to make a line of Tencel underwear; they called it their "Performance" line. I had a couple of the briefs and t-shirts. Soft, stretchy, and incredibly comfortable. I don't know if it was just their brand, but the material wasn't very durable, and it pilled like a cheap acrylic sweater. It was the last line of underwear RIPS introduced before going out of business.

gaybriel

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's not revolutionary. The Australian brand Obviously for Men have the same styles and concept.

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Wood", "Bamboo" and anything else that doesn't sound like you could make fabric out of it, but grows from the ground, is probably rayon. Tencel is a patent rayon as well.

It's actually not a bad idea - trees for rayon and bamboo are rapidly renewable and capture carbon from the atmosphere as they grow, unlike oil or gas used to make fully synthetic fibers.

While they are strong and soft, they don't do well with wet strength, so anything that gets sweaty and then has friction is going to wear out faster than poly or cotton. Also, the washing process destroys the strength of rayon something like 100X faster than cotton. So you don't get the lifespan.