A new word for Fag Hag??

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey all,
I was impressed by the side conversation that emerged from the thread "Men, What Pisses You Off About Women?" that involved the phrase 'Fag Hag'. There was some interesting discussion there. Here is my thought...

Should we find a new word/phrase to replace 'fag hag'??

OR take 'fag hag' and move it to a new level.

It has been a trend for socially repressed minority populations, like homosexuals, to re-claim such words of hate and bigotry (like fag), and to use them as terms of endearment in order to facilitate camaraderie amongst friends within the same minority population.

Should our 'fag hags' do the same? Take it and OWN IT!! Be proud of it, damn it! Then, it can't be used to insult you. Fuck 'em all, Say, "I'm a 'fag hag', or a fruit-fly, or whatever, and proud of it, if you don't like it, kiss my ass motherfucker!":AR15firing: ...or,uh ....something like that.

So, what do you think??

***A note to all of the women who have 'found themselfs to be' a fag hag. [I have to phrase it like that, because you don't know your a 'fag hag' until your called a 'fag hag'. It's not like, when you were a 12 year old girl, you suddenly woke up and decided...yeah, I wanna be a fag hag!] By being labeled this you are experiencing some of the repression and bigotry that gay people experience every day. You are being made fun of because you have found someone who is different. Maybe he amuses you, makes you feel special, makes you think, makes you laugh, opens your eyes, or holds you when you need it. You have found a friend, a best friend. He's different than anyone you've ever met. You love your gay, and he loves you. You share a unique and special bond, unlike any other. Because, more often than not, you were one of the first people he told that he was gay. You were there for him in the beginning, thru all the tough times. You explored the big-gay-world with him. Going to gay bars, pride parades, and gay book stores and coffee houses. Why? Because he couldn't do it alone, and you were his friend, and you cared. You saw how difficult coming out of the closet can be, and being gay can be. And you wanted him to be ok. A re-directed maternal instinct? maybe. Even better, a good person, who earns the respect of almost all of the gay men who know that she's a fag hag...whether she knows it or not. Because, when we meet you, and your gay tells us that your his best friend (or,sometimes, fag hag) we are reminded of our fag hag...and it's nice to be reminded of someone you love....your awsome. P.S. Your gay says thanks.
:laola:
:friday:
:arms: :arms: :arms: :arms: :kiss:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love it! Thank you for creating this thread. I personally like Queen bee and Fairy Princess! LOL! Or if we all want to be real you could just call her Barbie, Ken and Barbie are the best kept secret in town! LOL!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am loving the term Flame Dame!

Fruit Fly - OUT! Fruit can be derogatory to my Gay buddy and I personally detest bugs and insects.

Fairy Princess - OUT! Plus it's too girly and childish. Besides people have been calling me Princess for years. It would be too confusing.

Flame Dame?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
***A note to all of the women who have 'found themselfs to be' a fag hag. [I have to phrase it like that, because you don't know your a 'fag hag' until your called a 'fag hag'. It's not like, when you were a 12 year old girl, you suddenly woke up and decided...yeah, I wanna be a fag hag!] By being labeled this you are experiencing some of the repression and bigotry that gay people experience every day. You are being made fun of because you have found someone who is different. Maybe he amuses you, makes you feel special, makes you think, makes you laugh, opens your eyes, or holds you when you need it. You have found a friend, a best friend. He's different than anyone you've ever met. You love your gay, and he loves you. You share a unique and special bond, unlike any other. Because, more often than not, you were one of the first people he told that he was gay. You were there for him in the beginning, thru all the tough times. You explored the big-gay-world with him. Going to gay bars, pride parades, and gay book stores and coffee houses. Why? Because he couldn't do it alone, and you were his friend, and you cared. You saw how difficult coming out of the closet can be, and being gay can be. And you wanted him to be ok. A re-directed maternal instinct? maybe. Even better, a good person, who earns the respect of almost all of the gay men who know that she's a fag hag...whether she knows it or not. Because, when we meet you, and your gay tells us that your his best friend (or,sometimes, fag hag) we are reminded of our fag hag...and it's nice to be reminded of someone you love....your awsome. P.S. Your gay says thanks.
aww just aww... ok I give, call me a fag hag... I'll say it loud. I was the first person he told, and I've been there for him every step of the way. :) I love my gay...
Lavender Lassies
Brokeback bitches
Nancy dancer
ribbon clerk
Yeah! I'm a brokeback bitch!
In other wards though, I guess if you guys don't object to us calling ourselves fag hags, then I don't think it's that bad. I always thought that fag was a rude word....

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
no, Queen Bee has a Totally different meaning.

I LOVE the fairy princess thing...lol. much better. Barbie is good too.

And that totally different meaning would be?

I got it out of 'The Queens' Vernacular', printed in 1972, 'wealthy dowager who surrounds herself with an entourage of young, handsome, but homosexual men, motherly hag who pays for all her boys' drinks. Syn.:queers woman.
Related term: swarm: the young men who drink at the lady's expense.

It is (queen bee) given as a synonym for fruit fly and fag hag under their definitions.

Drosophila is another term given.

Auntie Mame is another that has been used.

So far I in this thread I haven't done any creative thinking.

'Fruit Loops' already means means gay jewelry made of rainbow colored rings.

I don't use fag hag because it has the connotation of the woman being herself unattractive.