A new word for Fag Hag??

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How about renaming "fag hag" and calling them "Paulas" as in "Paula Abdul"?

I see her sticking up for a lot of gay men on American Idol. (Just my two cent idea. :smile: )

I lump all my "fag hags" and my meterosexual inclined hetero himbos together and call them my "MVBs" (Most Valuable Beyotches.).

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I find it a huge contradiction that calling a man a fag is offensive but calling a woman a fag hag is acceptable and even funny.

Call me what you will but i love gay men..you guys are so much fun to be around

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And that totally different meaning would be?

I got it out of 'The Queens' Vernacular', printed in 1972, 'wealthy dowager who surrounds herself with an entourage of young, handsome, but homosexual men, motherly hag who pays for all her boys' drinks. Syn.:queers woman.
Related term: swarm: the young men who drink at the lady's expense.

It is (queen bee) given as a synonym for fruit fly and fag hag under their definitions.

Drosophila is another term given.

Auntie Mame is another that has been used.

So far I in this thread I haven't done any creative thinking.

'Fruit Loops' already means means gay jewelry made of rainbow colored rings.

I don't use fag hag because it has the connotation of the woman being herself unattractive.

I did't realize this was the actual definition of the term. In that case, I love it!!

I thought it was a reference to one of those indominable women who ruled the roost in all of their social groups. bossy, pushy, demanding. I guess there is another meaning too. Kind of like, if your from Michigan...it's pop, if your from Chicago...it's soda....if your from Georgia.....it's Coke.

I also don't think of the term 'fag hag' as having a connotation of the woman being unattractive. I think that's how it's translated by the women who hear it.

Cortney Love kind of looks like a hag. You know, a puffy-eyed, red-faced, sweaty, crack-whore. I think she is pretty cool. Definately entertaining. "She's the girl-next-door...if you happen to live next to a methadone clinic"---I can't remeber the comedian that said that. "She was in a band named Hole. NOT whole, as in complete. Hole. As in dirty, stinky, pussy"--Lisa Lampanelli....That bitch cracks me up!!

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Of all the ones mentioned I like "Brokeback bitches," but the PC side of me isn't that comfortable with calling them bitches.

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Buddy you have one sexy ass!

and you've got tasty looking nipples [not that I'm into that...no...really, I'm not :redface: ]. If I were any closer to Ontario, I'd let you spank my ass with your weapon of choice, mistress kink. :wink: Or should I be the one spanking you? I grew up on a farm, I know how to rope and tie up just about anyone...er, thing. Just as long as you set me up with one of your cute, hung, versa-top, gay friends. Deal?

P.S. I'm glad you read the note at the beginning of this thread I posted. Nobody gave me a tough time for being too sentimental. But, I had an idea that several years ago my Queen Bee was in the same place that you are now. I had to pour a little love out to all of the Queen Bees in the LPSG, but mostly for you.

OH, and you LIKE my ass? good. He likes that you like him. He's kind of vain. I'm always catching him gazing in the mirror for hours. I'm always sayiing "hey...ass...put down that dildo and martini, and get back into bed! It's 3 o'clock in the goddamn morning!". I don't know if he is sturring the martini with the dildo or if he's using vodka as a lubricant. One can never tell. My ass has a mind of his own.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
and you've got tasty looking nipples [not that I'm into that...no...really, I'm not :redface: ]. If I were any closer to Ontario, I'd let you spank my ass with your weapon of choice, mistress kink. :wink: Or should I be the one spanking you? I grew up on a farm, I know how to rope and tie up just about anyone...er, thing. Just as long as you set me up with one of your cute, hung, versa-top, gay friends. Deal?

P.S. I'm glad you read the note at the beginning of this thread I posted. Nobody gave me a tough time for being too sentimental. But, I had an idea that several years ago my Queen Bee was in the same place that you are now. I had to pour a little love out to all of the Queen Bees in the LPSG, but mostly for you.

OH, and you LIKE my ass? good. He likes that you like him. He's kind of vain. I'm always catching him gazing in the mirror for hours. I'm always sayiing "hey...ass...put down that dildo and martini, and get back into bed! It's 3 o'clock in the goddamn morning!". I don't know if he is sturring the martini with the dildo or if he's using vodka as a lubricant. One can never tell. My ass has a mind of his own.
Yes... I have lots of hot gay friends... most of whom are bottoms.. one in particular... hasn't experianced being a top... he's hot as heck. And it's ok.. I feel better about being a fag hag... or brokeback bitch.. ;)... nothing better than a gay cowboy... ;)

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Margaret Cho writes on this subject:

"The marriage of two derogatory terms, fag and hag, symbolizing the union of the world's most popular objects of scorn, homosexual and woman, creates a moniker that most of those who wear it find inoffensive, possibly because it smacks of solidarity....

[W]hen you put these two words together, they seem to cancel each other out. The pain vanishes, and as you know, bees without sting offer only pure honey."

I'm a rather highly hagged fag; in fact, the title of my blog is High Maintenance Hags. And the blog is now part of the Yahoo! Flame Dames group.

Flame dame. I rather like it. Much better than Swish Dish, Queen's Consort, Garland, or the lamentable Fruit Fly. (You gotta watch those fruit flies; they bite.)

It's still not perfectly inoffensive, though. "Flamer" is a hugely marked term in gayspeak; it perpetuates effeminate stereotypes. And the word "dame" suggests a certain sexual availability; apparently, that's a bad thing.

HB8

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To me, "fag hag" is distasteful, as it seems to insult both parties simultaneously. I wouldn't call myself a "tard wench" if I had a lot of differently abled friends...

I find that I get along with gay men pretty easily, and I choose to call myself their friend.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
The is a difference in being a friend with a gay guy, and being upclose and personal with them. Someone described what a fag hag is.. when your best friend is gay, when you've been with them through the rough times, and the good times...