A poll for readers...with a gift just for answering

Based on Title Alone, Which Gay Big Dick Erotic Novel Would You Read for Free?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badunkbadonk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Answer the question above, and I’ll hook you up with a free copy of your chosen ebook. My only request...please rate and write an honest, helpful review on Amazon or Smashwords after reading it.

These books all have one thing in common...big dicks and talented bottoms. The author, Peter Schutes, is a fictitious dead guy I invented. His persona wrote those one handed novels from the 1970’s and 1980’s. If he were real, he wrote a lot of his stories in the 1960’s and early 1970’s but could only get published once great houses like Surree and Arena began their commitments to freedom of speech.

I pored over the Terms and Conditions. No poop, no minors, nothing being sold; just given away. I think I am in line. Feel free to IM me with angry opinions to the contrary.

Badunkbadonk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is excellent feedback. Thank you everyone. When the poll closes, I will send along your coupons. Bunkhouse Buddies is free on Smashwords.com, and it comes with a token for another free book. Leave a review if you please. Smashwords sends zero spam, so don’t fret about registering.

Bunkhouse Buddies:
Bunkhouse Buddies, an Ebook by Peter Schutes

The Butt Baby is also free. It’s an erotic comedy.
The Butt Baby, an Ebook by Peter Schutes

Reactions: Gj816

Badunkbadonk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The free Ebooks are mostly handed out, with a few exceptions:
—Slaves of Rome will go live this weekend. For the 16 of you who voted for it, you’ll have it by Sunday.

—A few of you have your privacy settings such that I can’t start a conversation with you. If you want your book, just start one with me.

Reactions: Soron

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1) Suggests a very limited remit for the book. A book needs more than descriptions of sex (which will get boring). This title is seriously yuk!
2) In UK culture "confessions of a window cleaner", so vintage, straight smut.
3) Decent. "Buddies" suggests friendship, bromance, presumably more. "Bunkhouse" suggests a genre, camping, outdoors, whatever.
4) Don't understand this. It's a weak simile. Suggests the genre is bondage.
5) Crosses lines.

There's a tension between the widest possible readership and attracting the specific readership who will like the content. There's an enormous difference between UK and US, for example. There's plenty of US writing and media in the UK. It can have positive connotations (Holywood, Florida, New York) but is often off-putting. "Bunkhouse" is not a UK word and what it means isn't necessarily clear.

You probably need to have the genre in mind. Is it bromance? Historical novel? Bondage? Comedy? Camping?

Badunkbadonk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow! The response rate is much better than I imagined! I will Message everyone who voted for a title with a free voucher for the title...or the URL if the book is already free. If you have constructive feedback like JackM and Jason, don’t be shy. I value your input.

For instance, “The Butt Baby” is a comical MPREG novella - but going off of title alone, the humor might not be apparent. Thanks to JackM for pointing that out.

And Jason, I forget how there are cultural differences between the US and the UK that can obfuscate the meaning of a title. A bunkhouse was a cabin on a ranch in the Great Plains (mostly) where cowboys (not cowgirls) got free housing while they worked. Very few exist in the US these days. The story isset in the 1960s.

‘Dark as a Dungeon’ is the title of a Merle Travis song about the lure and the dangers of working in a coal mine.

All of these books are ‘historical fiction’ set in mid-century America, except for Slaves of Rome.

Badunkbadonk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Slaves of Rome went live as promised. It is a gay erotic historical romance bordering on smut pulp fiction. I’m very proud of it. A lot of historical research went into the telling of the tale.

The Slaves of Rome, an Ebook by Peter Schutes

If you want the free eBook, just PM me and I’ll give you a coupon code. Two new Peter Schutes novels are in progress: Seamen, and The Autobiography of Peter Schutes.