A Possible College Student Research Project

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by hung, May 17, 2007.

1. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    In recent times I have often wondered why so many women today complain of Hot Flashes.

Is it because for so many years they have used blow dryers to style their hair. The brain and internal temperature sensing nerves have been shot or at least do not function correctly.

I can not recall during my youth that many women complained about Hot Flashes as they do today.

This may make a great "Science Fair Project" with possible U. S. Government Grants for a College Student. Our students of younger ages have plenty to be concerned about without being overburdened with research on older women. Most younger males are in quest of something that is very close to most of our hearts. Most younger females, truth be told, are also endeavoring to achieve satisfaction. I say this knowing full well that some will take offense. But may I submit that the pressure is on all. The recent "Prom Babies" story in the print media certainly highlights the fact that some young high school females are becoming baby carriers to avoid the pressures of higher learning in college. The article I read indicated that these are star students.

Maybe some of these females would be most interested in getting these potential government grants to do research on Hot Flashes.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Please, tell me this is a joke! This thread should be moved to: Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics. That way other dumb males won't believe this ridiculous post.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

*bump*

Is it my imagination or did I totally kill this thread?!? :eek: ROTFLMAO :biggrin1:

If the original poster was even remotely serious in wanting to understand hot flashes, menopause, or prom babies I think he deserves to hear an opinion other than my own. Even though mine is correct. :tongue:

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Naw, really, it's the hair dryers.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

*BUMP*

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I had hot flashes when I was pregnant, but I never use a hair dryer. That's the only time I experienced them though!

7. lemont77

lemont77 Member

Albums:
    I must be missing something...who's complaining about hot flashes?

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Apparently the OP has a woman in his life who is experencing hot flashes and they are annoying him. ROTFLMAO! :biggrin1:

9. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

Oh he aint seen nothing yet. Wait till he's married to a woman with hot flashes. Been there done that. Hope to never live through that again.

10. lemont77

lemont77 Member

Albums:
    My woman has hot flashes every time I walk in the room.

Yeah, I said it.

jk :biggrin1:

11. Principessa

Gold Member

ROTFLMAO!

12. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks to my friend, njqt466 for maintaining this topic and also keeping it alive. I firmly believe what I hear. I relate way back to Edward R. Morrow on the CBS News when Radio was the primary source of news. Mr. Morrow and his follow-on news anchors have commanded respect for several generations now.

Just two days ago I heard the current heir of the CBS evening News, now on television, expound on how the medical facilities in the City of Brother Love (Philadelphia) are closing their doors to the "Maturnity Wards" and Baby deliver rooms because of cost considerations. A total of 14 out of 42 hospitals have closed these doors. Major source of payment, Medicaid, was not enough to keep these facilities open.

Way back when I did time in a Nursing Home, I thought Medicaid was for old people only. Now I find out that Medicaid if for young women who can not afford having their own babies. I must acknowledge that the facts of biology have not escaped me. It takes a male to mate with a female to produce a baby. That is a fact, unless you are shark as Ms. Kattie (I do believe) also reported recently.

How does this all fit together, you may ask? Well Hot Flashes, Prom Babies and now Medicaid Babies all fit together. People, our Society in particular does not want to suffer. Generally speaking our Society wants some one else to suffer the consequences of bad choices.

I may be incorrect, but as I studied History through the ages, the Greeks, the Romans and the English all had dynamic periods in our past. They began the downward spiral after about 200 years. We are now about 230 years old in the Society we know as the U. S. A.

Should we attempt to emulate our forebears by allowing anything and everything to happen, just because it feels good.

I ask one question today: "When did the concept of being responsible for your own actions become out of date?"
    Yes my fellow support group members, I am concerned about the future of our society.

My original post was developed to simply point out that soon we will have a Study to research Hot Flashes and it will most likely be funded by the United States Government.

As we proceed forward and also want the government to resolve problems that we bring upon ourselves we will soon have no self pride or even a desire to improve ourselves. We can simply relax and let someone else do it.

Now, before anyone goes off on me please be aware that I may have been raised incorrectly. I have attempted to be a responsible citizen. I never expected anyone else to raise the children I fathered. I also know enough about females to also be aware that "Hot Flashes" do happen. What is appalling is the fact that far too many females use the "Change of Life" as an excuse for not being responsible. I am talking about the work place, where I was keenly involved for many years. The firm I worked for had perfect demographics. Males and Females in the same number/percentages as the local demographics. All too often, even though we all received the same pay for our responsibilities, females used their gender/current condition to slack off in the performance of their duties.

Am I angry about this. Certainly not. I am at the stage of my life where I can reflect back on the fun and adventure I have witnessed for about 62 years. Up until I was age 5 I really did not care what was going on around me.

I still hold Edward R. Morrow in high regard. I guess that is why I also hold the CBS news in high regard!!!!!!!

Again, Thank You njqt466. This may not be your favorite topic; but that is the pleasure of being in a support group. Everyone gets to express their feelings.

Years ago I learned that you take what applies to you and use it to assist your life. You quietly discard the rest. To me this is the mantra of a Support Group.

I, Hung, look forward to the future post to this topic. Have a great day, and as my signature indicates, I continue to enjoy life. G'day.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted