A Question about a Vasectomy

cmk76

Just Browsing
Media
This could be a stupid question, but one I have nonetheless. I haven't had a vasectomy, and haven't really seriously thought about one, but have wondered.... does having one have any effect on the appearance of the ejaculate, or any other observable "side effects" as such?

D_zb11nnv

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by cmk76@Dec 4 2004, 10:11 PM
This could be a stupid question, but one I have nonetheless. I haven't had a vasectomy, and haven't really seriously thought about one, but have wondered.... does having one have any effect on the appearance of the ejaculate, or any other observable "side effects" as such?
[post=266008]Quoted post[/post]​

I noticed after mine, my ejaculate got quite a bit thicker, even if I drink a lot of water before I cum.. not sure if that was from the effect of the vasectomy, or what, but it sure seems quite thicker.

southPA50

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by cmk76@Dec 4 2004, 10:11 PM
It's NOT a stupid question.

Ejaculate in my case seems to be a little thinner, color is not as white. At least in the years following the procedure (it was probably 20 yrs ago). Now with the onset of prostate enlargement, the picture is changing again. Color tends more toward a clear, even yellowish tinge. Still whitish, but not that boyish creamy white fountain of youth! Age marches on, it's relentless!

If you have the occasion to have a trans-rectal biopsy & sonogram of your prostate done, you may even cum red-brown-black as your prostate returns to normal from the biopsy. Not fun..... OMG!!! I'm cumming BLOOD!!!! More uncomfortable than painful, at least in my case the results were benign, so I am for the time being, status quo. Still, PSA's are up, & must watch that baseline.

So, for all you younger guys (approaching 40) get your PSA checked so you have a baseline to work with. You guys under 40, be glad you're firing on all cylinders, & don't take your youth for granted.

I digress.... as far as the vasectomy, not a big deal. Some see NO difference afterwards, today's procedures are even less uncomfortable, so don't be a pussy about having it done.

:)

cmk76

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for the info and good words. It's not that I'm afraid to have one - it's a matter of cost-effectiveness, given how infrequently my wife and I have sex. :-/ But that's another story. :)

toomtwooeight:
Originally posted by cmk76@Dec 5 2004, 02:11 AM
I was about 40years old (5 kids) WHEN I had mine. I think the ejaculate was a little thinner but ejaculations were still awsome. My sex life improved because my wife did not have to worr about prenency!!! B)

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by toomtwooeight+Dec 13 2004, 08:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toomtwooeight &#064; Dec 13 2004, 08:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cmk76@Dec 5 2004, 02:11 AM
This could be a stupid question, but one I have nonetheless.  I haven&#39;t  had a vasectomy, and haven&#39;t really seriously thought about one, but have wondered....  does having one have any effect on the appearance of the ejaculate, or any other observable "side effects" as such?
I was about 40years old (5 kids) WHEN I had mine. I think the ejaculate was a little thinner but ejaculations were still awsome. My sex life improved because my wife did not have to worr about prenency&#33;&#33;&#33; B)
[post=267112]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

The only effect that a vasectomy has own your sex life is possibly in your mind. For most men, sex life improves for the reason of the post above. After the intial healing process, I saw no difference what so ever in the ejaculate or amount of ejeculate. All a vasectomy does is prevent the sperm from getting outside the scrotum. The semen is produced somewhere else.

But, note to the wise. My doctor told me I could come home and mow the yard or I could come home and put an ice pack on it the rest of the day. I would not not the difference the first day. But the swelling the second day is totally different. Do what the doc says to do. Put an ice pack on it and lay on the couch the rest of the day, you won&#39;t have that swelling the next day if you do.

I know you want the answer to the next question. How long is it before you can have sex? I don&#39;t remember. It wasn&#39;t long though. A few days at the most.

It really is the best way to go once you know you don&#39;t wish to father any more children.