A Question for All You Authors

BlondKevin

Sexy Member
Media
I've noticed that most stories -- both outright fantasy and more "realistic" types -- connect ball size to the amount of cum a guy shoots. I'm always reading about balls swollen with cum, or about huge, grapefruit-sized nuts that shoot gallons of juice.

Am I the only one who took high school biology?

Since cum is not produced in the testicles, there is zero connection between ball size and cum volume. If you were neutered and had your balls cut off you'd see no noticeable change in the amount of cum. Similarly, if your balls were monstrously huge, you might still dribble out barely a drop of cum. So what's up with this weird "big balls/big load" thing in every story?

I get it that erotic stories are fiction, not reality. But it's a distraction when the obvious fantasy parts (giant dicks, etc.) are mixed with an odd disconnect that pairs two unrelated things. It's as if an author wrote that a character had amazingly huge pecs and was therefore able to sing sweet love songs. The inhumanly huge pecs are a fine fantasy ... but it would be weird and distracting if the author went on as if the great pecs explained the guy's beautiful voice. Similarly, it's just weird and distracting when authors pair ball size with load size, since the balls are mostly irrelevant in cum volume and sperm constitute only about 2% of semen.

If you want to hype your character's huge cum loads, brag about the size of his prostate and seminal vesicles!
:)

Last edited:

ramsgate18

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
i think the point is big balls complete the fantasy image of masculinity

it would be odd if in the story the guy was described as hung huge but had tiny nuts or to forget the nuts completely as whether u mean to or not when looking at a guys crotch you notice his balls too

just my tuppence there lol

BlondKevin

Sexy Member
Media
i think the point is big balls complete the fantasy image of masculinity

it would be odd if in the story the guy was described as hung huge but had tiny nuts or to forget the nuts completely as whether u mean to or not when looking at a guys crotch you notice his balls too

just my tuppence there lol

I get that and agree. The image of a huge hung guy with huge balls is a fine masculine fantasy. It's just the next step of drawing a direct connection between big, "full" balls and cum load that ruins it for me.

A description of a character with enormous bulging muscles also completes the image of masculinity, and is cool. But it would be distracting and strange to read that those enormous biceps were pumping out cum! :smile:

tellme2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am one of those hung guys with tiny nuts. Cum is more than adequate. Cum is from the prostate gland, not the testicles. All the testicles add is the sperm to the semen. :cool:

Bigadmirer323

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
also, i have to point out that in most guys minds they just connect sperm and balls, even though the two are barely related. it's just a fantasy thing, and it wouldn't be nearly as sexy to say, "I could tell this guy had a fantastic prostate that was gonna shoot huge wads of cum all over my ripped hairless torso", etc. the balls are something you can actually see, and you can't see a prostate or seminal vesicles. I suppose it just seems like the next logical step.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is such a thing as "artistic license". The buzz words in this relate to fantasy more than absolute biological reality. The absolute truth would be boring to read and we all know it.

In authoring fantasy one needs to feed the subconscious and the imagination. The size of testicles in fantasy can be attributed to many things and or attribute to many special abilities of the characters of the stories.

I have in years past authored a number of stories. One of the things I have actually thought about doing was to compose a story as if it were authored by people who think like: Dr Sheldon Cooper and or Dr. Beverly Hofstedter from Big Bang Theory. The problem is that going into direct medical terminology and trying to make a "tongue n cheek" comedic story written in that manner would be extremely time consuming, which for me is something that is at a premium.

I absolutely agree in medical fact with your findings and those could also reflect on any and all masculine traits or secondary sex characteristics, but the fantasy is infinitely more fun than fact and that is why it is done.

golddream

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you want to hype your character's huge cum loads, brag about the size of his prostate and seminal vesicles!
:)

Because "beautifully large Seminal Vesicles" is sure to get people going.

Big balls are masculine, cumming lots is masculine, the two get connected specifically so that we can avoid using medical terms which will break everyone's hard-on.

I don't want to hear about an oversized prostate or oversized seminal vesicles because it doesn't help me picture the situation. Instead, it will get me confused because I have no realistic idea of what either looks like. And since it's an internal organ, I don't think it'll be pretty.

Give the artists a break, dude. Big balls = lots of cum is writer's freedom. It reads easier and makes for hotter stories.

G_ManCK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seminal Vesicles sounds like something you see at church. Like a choir name or something. "Today we're going to hear a wonderful rendition of 'Amazing Grace', performed by our own Seminal Vesicles."

Although, Vesicles (if pronounced differently) sounds like a Greek mythological hero.

PRCOCK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Agree guys in college had jack nite. One guy Norm had the smallest balls shot like a geyser. Anyone within 6 feet had to move or they were gettin rained on.

BlondKevin

Sexy Member
Media
As the person who started the thread (mostly as a musing, not as a serious complaint), I just want to be clear that I was NOT looking for stories that waxed poetic about a guy's huge prostate. (As a prostate cancer survivor myself, the less I hear about that particular gland the better.)

I was merely noting that the obvious science error was distracting.

It seems to me that a story can say that a guy has a huge cock, has huge balls, and shoots a huge load without having to make an explicit cause-and-effect connection among those three factors.

So, for example, if you want to create a macho and sexy character you can write about his enormous balls tightening or jiggling around or whatever as he shoots gallons of cum. You've achieved the same effect as saying that he shoots gallons of cum because his balls are so huge, but without the bad science.

K.Dst

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've noticed that most stories -- both outright fantasy and more "realistic" types -- connect ball size to the amount of cum a guy shoots. I'm always reading about balls swollen with cum, or about huge, grapefruit-sized nuts that shoot gallons of juice.

Ha ha :biggrin1:
Sometimes I feared I was the only one thinking about stuff like this.

That common error is easily understandable, especially when in all stories you read about studs with low-hanging orange-sized balls covering their partners in cum, you just put it too.

Since most stories are about larger than life guys, some kind of gods of sex who can achieve several orgasms within the hour while keeping unbendable erections and never ever ejaculate in the first minutes of the main act (and always are HIV-free), it is assumed that they will have large dicks and cum like fountains just to complete the picture.

Big testicles are very visual. Easy to picture.
Association with big dicks are also connected to the greatest turn-on about large penises : you can't (exactly) see how big they are on men when they have clothes on.
You wrote a fun comparison with big pecs. But big pecs are easier to see, and a nice singing-voice is for everyone to hear.
Though the big-dicked heroes of the stories around here are often blessed with an impressive body, there's a lot of stories were big strong men actually have a smaller penis than an average-bodied protagonist. Usually such stories emphasize on the surprise coming from the difference between the first impression and the real-stuff.

Dicks and balls forms an "hidden package" together, you usually discover them together. Should it be from the bulge they form, from the feeling when a hand slides into the pants, or from the first sight when the man presents its anatomy in all its glory, you always get the testicles and the cock together.
That's why a set of balls is often as abnormally large as the shaft is long. They come together, most authors wouldn't want to end the description of an amazing phallus with the mention of "small" healthy testicles.

Because eventhough some people will say that they knew a guy (or that they have themselves, but without pictures in their galleries) with lemon-sized testicles who has alway been healthy, large testicles are often symptom for some gonad-linked diseases.
In some cases of testicle cancer, you can observe testicles as large as an chicken's egg, and hard as a stone.
An healthy testicle is normally as large as a pigeon egg (the "magic" 4x3x3 cm size you can lear for several anatomic structures, the thalamus is also about this big), and you can normally squeeze it a little.

BlondKevin

Sexy Member
Media
Dicks and balls forms an "hidden package" together, you usually discover them together. Should it be from the bulge they form, from the feeling when a hand slides into the pants, or from the first sight when the man presents its anatomy in all its glory, you always get the testicles and the cock together. That's why a set of balls is often as abnormally large as the shaft is long. They come together, most authors wouldn't want to end the description of an amazing phallus with the mention of "small" healthy testicles.

I absolutely agree. (And glad you think about this stuff too!) Which is why I tried to make it clear in all my posts that I have nothing against stories in which guys are described as having big dicks AND big balls. In fact, I love 'em. And you're right, big cock and big balls certainly go together as one package in this sort of story. And for that matter, so does spewing gallons of cum.

But none of that has anything really to do, I think, with the point I was trying to make: that one can create a character with a monster-sized cock, melon-sized balls, and shooting a swimming pool full of cum ... but you don't need to say that he shoots all that cum because his balls are big.

It's not the big cock/big balls/tons of cum combo that irritates me. It's the totally unnecessary addition of a cause-and-effect relationship. It's hard enough sometimes to suspend belief and get into a character who is clearly fictional (like having a 20" cock). It's even harder when he's not only super-sized, but also gets the basic anatomy wrong.

(Of course, I do still keep reading these stories. So I guess it can't be that disturbing!) :rolleyes:

3 Inchworm

Experimental Member
Media
What an absolutely wonderfully arcane and ridiculous discussion! I believe that nowhere else is this discussion occurring, so I'm replying to give it a bump.

Let me throw this into the gooey mix. I'm slightly under-endowed (more than 3" in reality) but I cum buckets. So is there any relationship between the size of the delivery system and cum volume. I think not, but am interested in your responses.