Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i am in a the same situation you are, i work out in the gym 4 times a week for 1-2 hours, but i dont have a trainer on anything like that just by myself. i try to do a good mix of cardio and muscle training but i dont seem to be seeing any drastic results. i have been doing for a while and i am constantly on a diet, my legs are huge (to be fair =]]) but they are not defined enough, i know and can feel the muscle is there but it just doesnt show that well. and the rest of my body just seems to be there, but on some areas i have exactly the same trouble as my legs, no definition...

i was thinking that my diet needs a overhaul so from you buff guys out there, what should and what shouldnt i be eating, and when. i currently try to eat like 3-4 meals a day around about the same time and mostly protein after a workout, and as much fruit and veg as possible. HELP!

daddyknows

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
daddy sez:

work out
good diet
water
learn how to "really" suck cock (that is what is going to give you those well-defined cheek bones)

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yeah but thats the thing, i do work out, i do have a good diet (i think?) and i drink like 4 liters of water a day. sadly i havent got any one to volunteer to be my "practice cock" so im going to have to learn how to really suck cock the slow way...

so what am i doing wrong? thinking about maybe i should get some protein shakes/powder?? but its so damn expensive man

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Beany, it's a good idea to get some professional instruction. I paid a trainer to devise a routine based on what I wanted to achieve and run me through it once. It cost me the equivalent of a month's membership but was well worth it.

You may be over-training. I've been advised to work out for no more than an hour at a time. And never do weights with the same muscles two days in a row. Growth occurs on the rest days.

If you want the lean look, do more repetitions with lighter weights. If you want bulk, do less repetitions with heavier weights. Even to the point of "muscle failure" (being unable to complete the last rep). But do get instruction, it's essential to be doing things correctly if you're handling heavy weights.

Protein powders can be expensive (especially if bought at the gym), but Holland & Barret frequently have half-price promotions and I stock up on it then. Personally I like their Proto-pure brand, it's less chalky than some. The chocolate flavour is too strong for my taste (but fine "diluted" with the vanilla powder), but the vanilla is good and works well with added fruit.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Working out 4x/week and paying some attention (but not a lot, thanks to inheriting mom's metabolism) to what I eat seems to work for me.

I also use EAS Premium Protein powder from Costco. Tastes okay, and is MUCH cheaper than GNC and gym brands.

worship ur manhood

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
try to do cardio first thing in the am on an empty stomach, or as 2nd best AFTER your weight training when you are in a glycogen depleted state. DO NOT do high intensity cardio. with your weight training ALWAYS try to lift heavy, remember heavy is relative, you still want to use good form shooting for 8-12 reps/set. always do some warmup sets, use high intensity for weight training. work all muscle groups sample: tuesday-chest/biceps wednesday-back/calves saturday-shoulders/triceps sunday-legs(quads+hams+calves). do abs 3xweek at beginning of workout. do max 10 sets for small muscle groups and max 12-15 for larger muscle groups.

diet. if you want to lose fat quick then do 4 weeks of almost no carbs lots of red meat, fish, eggs, poultry, and fibrous veggies like broccoli, green beans etc. put a tablespoon of olive oil in your veggies, this will help with energy levels. invest in some good quality protein powder, good quality pre-workout drink like NO explode or superpump250. have 2 cheat meals a week like on friday and saturday so you can go out with friends and not be a downer. this will mix up your metabolism so that the diet will maintain its efficiency.
after 4 weeks then go to a more moderate diet for 3 weeks but try to keep away from too many carbs and try to keep simple carbs to a very min.

remember a moderate fat intake is good for you, fat IS NOT an enemy, processed carbs are! please do not cut your fat intake (unless its from crap sources) it is a huge mistake that too many uneducated people take. fat does not make you fat, eating food with cholesterol does not increase your cholesterol, too much potatoes, white rice, bread, soda, junk food, is what makes people fat.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1) Most gay men are not in gay shape.

2) Most men in gay shape are models and most likely not gay.

3) Most men in gay shape have gay shape genes. As well as a whole pile of Nair.

Were I you I'd try to rock your body type. If you were six feet and 176 pounds of muscle (and comfortable with that) you'd have to fight people off of you with a stick.