A Question for Gay Guys

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you lived in a country where it is illegal to have sex with a man, would you .........
1. Have sex with girls to ensure you got some sex ?
2. Not have sex at all ?
3. Break the law and have sex with men ?

xemnasfury21

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well for me having sex with a girl instead wouldnt be anywhere near as big a deal but I do love guy on guy so I think even though I could happily not break the law, id break it anyway

How are the chances to be caught and what is the punishment in this scenario btw?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Assuming that I didn't have the same aversion to having sex with women that I feel (probably because I've been free to have gay sex sex and free act on those impulses), I'd be having sex with women (which seems to be the pattern in those cultures with strict prohibitions against gay sex).

Assuming I did feel the same aversion, I'd probably avoid it altogether (I say that because I seem to have less of a compelling need to have sex, than the blokes I've known.)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Even in countries / places where men having sex with men is not technically illegal (within the letter of the law), sodomy often is - making some aspects of gay sex slightly difficult if one wants to stay legal. In fact, I understand that oral sex is technically illegal in some places, including many US states, FFS.

Many hetro couples break this dumbass kind of law too. I know I do...

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Even in countries / places where men having sex with men is not technically illegal (within the letter of the law), sodomy often is - making some aspects of gay sex slightly difficult if one wants to stay legal. In fact, I understand that oral sex is technically illegal in some places, including many US states, FFS.

Many hetro couples break this dumbass kind of law too. I know I do...

The Supreme Court struck down sodomy laws in 2003. Right now the only American military still prosecutes sodomy.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I notice that "emigrate to a more enlightened place" is not an option. Why?

In answer to the question: 2 and/or 3.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that many people still fuck even though it may be illegal in their country. Look at the middle east. There's alot of gay sex going on there, but it's super secret and there's hell to pay if you're found out.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hmmmm. . . well, I grew up in a country (USA) and a very conservative state (Ewetaw) where it was VERY illegal for people to engage in same-sex activity. The punishments for those that were caught were harsh and included prison time as well as being sent to the State Mental Hospital for an indeterminant period. Although the Supreme Court has finally weighed in on same sex activity as OK, it has done little to stop the harrassment of gays; especially married men or Über religious gays still in the closet. In fact, in the "pretty, great State of Ewetaw" the Vice Squads throughout that State still routinely ferret out nudists, gay and straight, for public indecency. You might not think Ewetaw was as bad as a Muslim country, but it wasn't much better.

Anyway, it never stopped me for getting as much as possible as often as possible. In the 70's most gay men "headed west" to San Francisco (thank you, San Francisco) to live free.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would emigrate to a more enlightened place: Bbucko's bed. ;)

Enlightened maybe, but no less dangerous :wink:

MB-
As I know you're overseas, I wasn't certain you were aware of the Lawrence case. I'm well aware of the fact that many places in Africa, the Middle east and Asia still consider bum-banditry a capitol offense.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Enlightened maybe, but no less dangerous :wink:

MB-
As I know you're overseas, I wasn't certain you were aware of the Lawrence case. I'm well aware of the fact that many places in Africa, the Middle east and Asia still consider bum-banditry a capitol offense.
How can it be BANDITRY, if you give it up WILLINGLY?

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you lived in a country where it is illegal to have sex with a man, would you .........
1. Have sex with girls to ensure you got some sex ?
2. Not have sex at all ?
3. Break the law and have sex with men ?

#3 cos we have all broken the law at some point, you included matt :biggrin1:

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let's be clear about how bass-ackwards the U.S. was before the Lawrence case in 2003. In several states before that decision, it was not only illegal for same-sex partners to have anal or even oral sex with each other in private, it was also illegal for a married, heterosexual couple to have anal sex and even oral sex in private. "Sodomy" refers to oral and anal sex, and the term "sodomy" is not limited to same-sex couples, let alone two gay men.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think I would still have gay sex.

Think of the reverse, if you were str8 and it was illegal, would you have sex with men?