A question for gay men

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I count my lucky stars daily that I AM GAY!
While being partnered for 15 years we have
done thing (you would never believe) gone
great places at a moments notice and developed
a handsome estate TOGETHER, allowing us great
freedoms.

I count my lucky stars DAILY!:biggrin1:

djpeh

Just Browsing
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Little ONE, you sound neither stupid nor ignorant--you're asking great questions, and questions that EVERY person should be asking themself at your time of life.

Me: when I was younger (late teens, basically), I did think it would be more "convenient" to be straight, but it wasn't something I longed for. And when I started coming out at age 18, I thought I would like to have children, and, as many people here have discussed, realized that I could have children perfectly well as a gay man. As the years progressed, however, I came to realize that I was not as interested in raising children as I thought, and when I met my partner, the fact that he definitely did not want children was not a problem.

My only advice to you is: be as honest to yourself as you can be, and be as honest to your partner (of whatever sex) as you can be, as well, about your sexual feelings and your desire to have, or not have, children.

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Normal"..... what a word. Filled with so much intent and absolutely no meaning. No two people would ever agree as to exactly what this word means, so I think that it should, officialy, be dropped from the English language. Instead of conerning one's self with "normal," how about we talk about happy instead. Are gay people happy? Of course. Why do you think we chose the word gay to represent ourselves? When one is asked, "Are you happy?" one can introspect and come up with an answer that is applicable, yes or no. When one is asked, "Are you normal?" is there ever an answer that makes to anyone? No, never, not at all. I am a gay man, been one since sperm met ova. I would never, ever consider changing this about myself. It is not everything that I am, but it has colored everything that I am. I live in a special land where both strait men and women feel free to talk to me in ways they would never consider with another strait man. I would not trade this for anything. I have an absolutely abnormal life which I love with every fiber of my being.

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
to those wit kids:

if you had a previous marriage how did you children react when you told them you were gay? do they understand? did they accept it?
She was a little young at the time and didn't understand it. Initially she thought it meant that I couldn't love her at all because she's female. Took a while to explain and then yeah, she understood and accepted it.

Did any of you children every get bullied or treated differently for having gay parents?

I know that there has been the odd time when kids at school have thrown stupid comments her way but generally it hasn't caused any problems. It's funny but she's also never had any problems on the shitty estate where she lives regarding the issue.

are there any other questions raised by you child/kids?
No, she's bright enough and old enough to figure most things out by herself now. I've been spared having to give her the revised 'bees and the bees' talk :-D

sorry if i sound ignorant or stupid
You're not at all ignorant or stupid. You have a natural curiosity and you've asked in a mature and sensible manner. I have no problem with that. These aren't stupid questions. Now, if you started asking whether cos I'm gay do I like to cross-dress... :mad:

little_ONE

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks everyone for their input, telling their stories and sharing their views

In the year or so since i last checked this thread i have changed alot. I have managed to accept my sexuality, whereas before i want to be different not who i was, now i feel he time is right to come out to my friend which i hope to do soon.

I have also thought about the issue of children and realised in the future i would like to adopt when i fell i am ready and in a commited relationship.

Thanks Everyone

I had a really hard time with that when I was 19 as well. Really the only advice is to get over it. The best way to get over it? Well...gay sex worked for me. :adam4: :087:

I also found this quote really funny

Considering my previous relationships I'd most likely end up with a guy.
I'm bisexual, Which I dont believe Is through choice, Though not choosing the whole family & kids thing because dosent appeal to me is.

Any gay guys who do want this, I feel for you man.