a question for gays/bi's about personals ads

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by jfrsndvs, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jfrsndvs

jfrsndvs Member

Albums:
    ok I was looking some of the local personals at gay.com and lifeout.com and I have noticed one thing, it seems that a lot of the gay personal ad photo's will have a pic of the guy, but in the pic with the guy, he would have a pic of a girl with him, or he would be in a group of other guys, what is the point of that? isn't the purpose of placing a photo of yourself in a personals ad is for people to actually see you, and if it's an ad for a man looking for another man why have a picture of a girl or a group of other guys? maybe someone can clear that up for me.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

I wonder the same thing on match.com and various straight dating sites all the time.:rolleyes: I don't want to see a guy with his arm around another woman! That makes me think they are still amicably together. I don't want to see him in a group of other guys either, because they never think to circle themselves. I have no idea who is the man placing the advertisement. :12:

Common sense needs to be exercised. Unfortunately few people have that. :frown1:

Tips for posting pictures on dating sites:
    Post a clear, current, head shot of yourself
    Don't have other people in the picture
    Post more than one picture when possible
    Secondary picture should be a current full body shot
    Don't be drinking in the picture
    Is the only good picture of you really from your brother's bachelor party w/the stripper?
    Ladies, no cats in the picture w/you please. Mention your love of cats in your profile. (I don't know why dogs don't have the same negative cachet; but they don't) :confused::rolleyes:
    No Glamour Shots! Save those pics for your mother and family friends.
    If you are incapable of taking a decent self portrait, then have a friend do it.
    Better yet those photo booths at the boardwalk and the mall take a decent clear picture.

Not posting a picture on a dating site doesn't tell me that you are more concerned with personality than looks. It tells me that you are either ugly, lazy or both. :cool:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

The mad woman who lives on her own always has a cat NJ, never a dog, unless it's an alsatian that eats her face off when she dies unexpectedly and alone :)

5. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I've always wondered if the person who is in the picture knows that their face is on someone elses ad?

6. Principessa

Gold Member

I have wondered that too. :smile:

7. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

It would piss me off if I found out that I was being exposed that way!!!

8. Northland

Gold Member

My first thought on a person who puts up pictures with others and none of them alone, is that they purloined the photos from elsewhere on the net and are not being real. Ask for-no- demand, some current picture of them alone, with something which can show it's them-a sign perhaps with their name or discuss him taking a picture holding a bottle or a flower so you can have a more current viewing of them. If they cannot do this, then I wouldn't go through with hooking up-you may meet someone who is beyond your worst fears. Even a cellphone has picture taking ability so they should be able to provide something-either from their phone or that of one of the people in their group picture.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice