a question for gays/bi's about personals ads

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
ok I was looking some of the local personals at gay.com and lifeout.com and I have noticed one thing, it seems that a lot of the gay personal ad photo's will have a pic of the guy, but in the pic with the guy, he would have a pic of a girl with him, or he would be in a group of other guys, what is the point of that? isn't the purpose of placing a photo of yourself in a personals ad is for people to actually see you, and if it's an ad for a man looking for another man why have a picture of a girl or a group of other guys? maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder the same thing on match.com and various straight dating sites all the time.:rolleyes: I don't want to see a guy with his arm around another woman! That makes me think they are still amicably together. I don't want to see him in a group of other guys either, because they never think to circle themselves. I have no idea who is the man placing the advertisement. :12:

Common sense needs to be exercised. Unfortunately few people have that. :frown1:

Tips for posting pictures on dating sites:
Post a clear, current, head shot of yourself
Don't have other people in the picture
Post more than one picture when possible
Secondary picture should be a current full body shot
Don't be drinking in the picture
Is the only good picture of you really from your brother's bachelor party w/the stripper?
Ladies, no cats in the picture w/you please. Mention your love of cats in your profile. (I don't know why dogs don't have the same negative cachet; but they don't) :confused::rolleyes:
No Glamour Shots! Save those pics for your mother and family friends.
If you are incapable of taking a decent self portrait, then have a friend do it.
Better yet those photo booths at the boardwalk and the mall take a decent clear picture.

Not posting a picture on a dating site doesn't tell me that you are more concerned with personality than looks. It tells me that you are either ugly, lazy or both. :cool:

ok I was looking some of the local personals at gay.com and lifeout.com and I have noticed one thing, it seems that a lot of the gay personal ad photo's will have a pic of the guy, but in the pic with the guy, he would have a pic of a girl with him, or he would be in a group of other guys, what is the point of that? isn't the purpose of placing a photo of yourself in a personals ad is for people to actually see you, and if it's an ad for a man looking for another man why have a picture of a girl or a group of other guys? maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My first thought on a person who puts up pictures with others and none of them alone, is that they purloined the photos from elsewhere on the net and are not being real. Ask for-no- demand, some current picture of them alone, with something which can show it's them-a sign perhaps with their name or discuss him taking a picture holding a bottle or a flower so you can have a more current viewing of them. If they cannot do this, then I wouldn't go through with hooking up-you may meet someone who is beyond your worst fears. Even a cellphone has picture taking ability so they should be able to provide something-either from their phone or that of one of the people in their group picture.