a Question for Genuine Straight Men?

Island Club Guy CT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I recently told my straight mates that I am gay thinking that nothing would change. I am no longer being invited to any get togethers , I met one of my mates in the gym locker yesterday and when I greeted him , he covered up , much to my horror. My question is :

Why are straight men scared to be friends with Gay men?

I also love sport , gym , cars like most men do , What all of us do in the bedroom is private , so what's the problem , cause now I am all alone.:confused:

D_Chesty_Pecjiggle

Account Disabled
Media
Im really sorry to hear that. A friend of ours came out a few years back and so far as I can tell, nothing changed.

He still does all the same things with us, and gets invited everywhere. Sorry to hear your friends aren't as welcoming. Hopefully it'll change and they'll come around.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
To be honest, those can't be real friends...
I must admit it is weird sometimes to do things with a gay guy because of the fact guys can share a lot with each other. And if someone then suddenly admits he is gay, you remind how close you were with some things and that messes up your mind.
I sometimes don't feel comfterable with gay men but can't explain why. But I always forget that and act normal.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I agree with pieter. And also they may not want to be labeled gay by hanging out with you (if they are insecure). Or they somehow feel that they don't know you as well anymore, and question your intentions about hanging out with them. A lot of straight guys assume all gay guys are out to convert straight men. And they could be afraid of that.

I say keep trying, or confront them. Call them up and ask "Why are you guys acting differently now that you know I'm gay?" or something to that extent.

vergax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
2 of my best childhood friends i recently got in touch again in Facebook told me straight away they are gay, one of them acted like a girl (mannerisms) all thru childhood, so no surprise there but the other it was quite a surprise.

Well, the thing is nothing in my feelings of friendship has changed and I am sure real friends won't dismiss you as a friend just because you come out as being gay now.
Same experience happened with another friend in recent years, in his case, we were in touch everyday in school, but same treatment (cero change).

I don't have many gay friends nor am I in circles where gay men abound (that i know) but just a proof not all straight react like your so-called friends.

Island Club Guy CT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks Guys , I will try calling them up , i just did not expect them to react like that , i honestly felt it was time to come out and they would be supportive. This was not a easy choice but i hated being fake and now i am regretting cumming out. Will Keep you guys posted with my progress. Wish me luck

size_is_relative

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't care if someone is gay or not. I will say though, I find effeminate men to be annoying. Doesn't matter if you're gay or not, I just find "fruitiness" annoying, so if you were like that, chances are you wouldn't be my friend in the first place.

That said, I've always imagined that being friends with a gay guy is like a woman being friends with a man. Sure maybe someone is checking out your ass when you bend over, but chances are they aren't...and even if they are, if they're not obnoxious about it, who cares. Now if you go grabbing my ass when I'm clearly not interested you've crossed a line, but there's no reason to think a gay guy is more likely to grab my ass without my permission than I would a womans ass

hoggindaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
maybe theyre afraid of catching teh ghey? lol, just joking

maybe they arent completely secure in there own sexuality, i have no problem with gay people, more pussy for me lol.

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am str8 and friends with gay guys and women. there just like me except they like the same sex. big deal. to each his own. whats next, omg he or she picks his nose i cant be friends with him. its the 21st century, we have a black president and this running down gay people in this country is getting old in my eyes. you know what would be cool and shock all the idiots out there. a gay president. i would vote for him. if he could do the job more power to him or her.

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I recently told my straight mates that I am gay thinking that nothing would change. I am no longer being invited to any get togethers , I met one of my mates in the gym locker yesterday and when I greeted him , he covered up , much to my horror. My question is :

Why are straight men scared to be friends with Gay men?

I also love sport , gym , cars like most men do , What all of us do in the bedroom is private , so what's the problem , cause now I am all alone.:confused:

Meh, u really care? Maybe u should find better friends?

buck_naked

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i was born in san francisco and raised about 40 miles south of there and i never had any problem with being around homosexuals. i moved up to oregon for school and everyone seems to be terrified of them, as if they are going to try to rape them or something. its pretty ridiculous. i think a lot of them would be surprised if they asked a gay man if they found them attractive. i mean as a straight guy i dont think every girl is attractive and i can certainly control myself around ones that i do find attractive

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing I will say is that there attitude is their loss, sounds to me that they have rejected the friendship of a honest level headed guy, who is not afraid to be who he truely is. By being up front and truthfull, as you would expect any genuine and loyal friend to be, you have brought to their attention their own weaknesses, insecurities and immaturity. Almost as though you have held a full lenghth mirror in front of them allowing them to see who they truely are.

Its at times like these brother you realise who your true friends really are. I for one would be proud to have you as my friend. I know I would always get the true Good luck

Last edited:

B_WER25

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no problems being friends with gay guys. Your friends weren't very good friends to start with. I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost friends for stupid reason like that. I lost my best friend ever when she found out who my brother was. It was a long, ugly story so I won't elaborate on it but I know how you feel.