A question for the funny, smart, sensitive ladies here.

Have this urge to make a nice thick, stick to your ribs soup or casserole.

Make bread.
Light a fire and snuggle down under a favorite blanket with a good book and either a nice cup
of tea or a glass of red, depending on time of day.

Be thankful that the veggie gardens are getting watered. YAYYYY!!!
And yet the same time be pissed off the rain will make the lawn grow and it'll need mowing AGAIN!....BOOOOO!

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have this urge to make a nice thick, stick to your ribs soup or casserole.

Make bread.
Light a fire and snuggle down under a favorite blanket with a good book and either a nice cup
of tea or a glass of red, depending on time of day.

Be thankful that the veggie gardens are getting watered. YAYYYY!!!
And yet the same time be pissed off the rain will make the lawn grow and it'll need mowing AGAIN!....BOOOOO!

That last sentence made me laugh really hard. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Rainy days and Mondays use to always get me down, that is, before I met my boyfriend. These days I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. Now, I go walking in the rain with the one I love. Oooooh, how I love a rainy day and the happy way I feel inside. To be perfectly honest, I'm only happy when it rains.

Yep, even if raindrops keep fallin' on my head, that's not the reason that my eyes will soon be turning red, crying not for me, no. It's more because I just smoke some jane with a poignant name, bittersweet, you know? Damn, I wish could remember what it's called?

Anyway, one rainy night in Georgia as we walk in the park my boyfriend said to me, "Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory, falling on my head like a new emotion. I want to walk in the open wind. I want to talk like lovers do. I want to dive into your ocean. Is it rainy with you?"

I replied, "No. Maybe you should get your ass under my umbrella-ella-ella. Seriously, have you ever seen the rain? Honey, I know, I know, I know times are changing! It's time we reach out for something new, that means you too. You say you want a leader but you can't seem to make up your mind. Think you better close it and let me guide you through the purple rain."

That's it, that's it! The weed is called, Purple Rain, Purple Rain!

Purple rain, purple rain
Purple rain, purple rain
Wooh!
Purple rain, purple rain
(You know what I'm talking about up here raise your hands)
Purple rain, purple rain
I only want to see you, only want to see you, in the purple rain!

(Air guitar)

Now I remember why it makes me sad, RIP sweet Prince.

:::bong hit:::

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rainy days and Mondays use to always get me down, that is, before I met my boyfriend. These days I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. Now, I go walking in the rain with the one I love. Oooooh, how I love a rainy day and the happy way I feel inside. To be perfectly honest, I'm only happy when it rains.

Yep, even if raindrops keep fallin' on my head, that's not the reason that my eyes will soon be turning red, crying not for me, no. It's more because I just smoke some jane with a poignant name, bittersweet, you know? Damn, I wish could remember what it's called?

Anyway, one rainy night in Georgia as we walk in the park my boyfriend said to me, "Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory, falling on my head like a new emotion. I want to walk in the open wind. I want to talk like lovers do. I want to dive into your ocean. Is it rainy with you?"

I replied, "No. Maybe you should get your ass under my umbrella-ella-ella. Seriously, have you ever seen the rain? Honey, I know, I know, I know times are changing! It's time we reach out for something new, that means you too. You say you want a leader but you can't seem to make up your mind. Think you better close it and let me guide you through the purple rain."

That's it, that's it! The weed is called, Purple Rain, Purple Rain!

Purple rain, purple rain
Purple rain, purple rain
Wooh!
Purple rain, purple rain
(You know what I'm talking about up here raise your hands)
Purple rain, purple rain
I only want to see you, only want to see you, in the purple rain!

(Air guitar)

Now I remember why it makes me sad, RIP sweet Prince.

:::bong hit:::

(applause) Does it make me old that I knew every song you quoted? Or just musically gifted?

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BTW, I love to do all of the above but my most favorite thing to do is sleep when it rains. I think you should be able to call in to work at least 3 times a year on account of rain. It works for baseball players and they make millions of dollars a year.

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
(applause) Does it make me old that I knew every song you quoted? Or just musically gifted?

Musically gifted.

Now if you'll excuse me my return to this thread has reminded me I have a lot more song about rain to get out of my system ...

I love a rainy night, I love a rainy night, I love to hear thunder, see lighting as it lights up the sky ... Let it rain, let it rain, let your love rain down on me ... The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out ... Seems it never rains in southern California, seems I've often heard that kind of talk before, it never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya? It pours, man, it pours ...

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The change in barometric pressure gives me a migraine, yet I still love rain and thunderstorms. If I can I love to sit outside on a porch and watch the rain, drinking a tea or coffee just daydreaming and smelling the earth get clean. I love the way thunder sounds and the way lightning crackles - the way it makes me feel so small and insignificant in the world.

Daytime storms are the best, the way the world goes all dark in the middle of the day. It's like being transported somewhere else. I work on one of the top floors in my office building and I can watch the city darken, the clouds swirl and lightning strike the buildings around me. Sometimes we're not allowed to work because of power issues, and we all sit and talk and watch the storm. It's like a secret little oasis in the middle of this dark, thundering chaos.

Of course, I have to be heavily medicated prior to the storm so I might be making all of this up. :eek: :)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it's Spring or Fall I like to open the doors to the lanai and listen to the sound of the rain fall throughout the house. Sometimes I'll sit on the back porch drinking iced tea and enjoying the cool.

If it's a cold Winter rain then it's soup time! And grilled cheese sandwiches! Followed by lattes with the sweetie.

If I'm camping I especially love being in my tent when it rains. It is the most comforting thing, and I don't know why. I know my tent is high and dry, and I'm bundled up in my sleeping bag. It's just a soothing sound.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
If it's Spring or Fall I like to open the doors to the lanai and listen to the sound of the rain fall throughout the house. Sometimes I'll sit on the back porch drinking iced tea and enjoying the cool.

If it's a cold Winter rain then it's soup time! And grilled cheese sandwiches! Followed by lattes with the sweetie.

If I'm camping I especially love being in my tent when it rains. It is the most comforting thing, and I don't know why. I know my tent is high and dry, and I'm bundled up in my sleeping bag. It's just a soothing sound.

I lived a while in a step van, traveling the country. Rain on the roof was a drum solo from the rain gods.
Light and jazzy, syncopated samba, booming taiko, any way it fell, so long as the hail stayed small, was a delight.

Now, like you, I open doors and windows and get the fresh air inside.

What I truly miss are midnight snows, when the world is silent, muffled, hidden.

CassandraX

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Read. Bake. Nap. Sit on the porch with a blanket and a cup of tea, eyes closed, experiencing the sounds and scent of the storm, smiling slightly. Then staring a thousand miles into the distance for what seems at once like a moment and an eternity, contemplating my and all existence.

Reactions: Deedeemarie