A question for the hairy guys

Oz10

Expert Member
Media
Myrtle Beach (South Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I tried a search for a similar subject, but nothing was coming up just after the recent reboot..

Aside from the usual spots and a little scruff, I'm a pretty smooth guy and noticed after the weekend that most of my friends are about the same (at least any I'd talk to about this). So for the really hirsute guys out there, how old were you when it first started to come in and how long before it reached its full growth?

I've noticed guys seem to develop a little bit more hair on the back, shoulders, and other spots as they head up into the 30's. Have you guys noticed it spreading or did you max out when you stopped developing?

These are the random things that hit you when you're sitting around a pool with friends and a "bear" walks by.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate being a "bear"

I think in the gay community, there seems to be a bit more acceptance of bears, but for me, in the straight community, it seems alot harder, and has always made me very self conscious.

While there is seemingly a large segment of gay men who appreciate "bears", i do not think the amount of women who feel the same is very high ( ihave not surveyed any women though)

for me, up until i was 19, i had long hair on my head, any a nice chest patch and treasure trail, and that was it...then as i began to recede on my head, it is my beliefe that it all just migrated to my back, shoulders and stomach, and i was not pleased at all with all the relocation without permission.

it seems to have finally stopped, but i guess now i am truly a "bear" as it is on back, shoulders, stomach.

i really don't like it at all...i never minded the chest and the treasure trail, even a bit on the stomach but everything else on the shoulders and back really bums me out.

:mad:

consider yourself lucky to be relatively bare

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am pretty hairy. I trim it. I hate that I might be a metrosexual, but I really think I look better that way.

It started when I was about 10. It has been very, very slowly creeping up my arms and back, but I have always been incredibly hairy beneath my waist

My roommate says to me yesterday, "you are looking pretty built"

I was scrubbing the floor. I haven't worked out in a month, so I couldn't figure why she would suddenly mention it. Then I rememberd, I just trimmed all my forearm hair the day before.

Same thing with my hair. I buzzed my head hair, and glanced at myself in the mirror the next morning, surprised at how much more built I looked, just by bzzing my hair and trimming my body hair.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I hate being a "bear"

I think in the gay community, there seems to be a bit more acceptance of bears, but for me, in the straight community, it seems alot harder, and has always made me very self conscious.

While there is seemingly a large segment of gay men who appreciate "bears", i do not think the amount of women who feel the same is very high ( ihave not surveyed any women though)

Don't sweat it Flashy - there are plenty of girls/women out there who like bears too. Popular culture does seem to flash the smooth man at us (in both hetro and homo context) rather more than the hirsute and I guess maybe you guys feel about it the same way we women feel about skinny v's curvy. The fact that gay culture seems to celebrate the 'bear' type more may be to do with the fact that men in general are more aware of their own body image issues - we women are more likely to figure you are comfortable with your bodies regardless. And that's just not true.

But trust me - in discussions with women I hear just as many wax lyrical (forgive the pun) on the hairy man as the smooth man. You have a whole 'silverback' thing going for you - that really does it for some straight women as much as it does for some gay men.

Personally I like both - then I've never been one to limit my options :biggrin1:

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think a man's body hair is very erotic and virile looking....the more, the better. The only times I've heard hetero women complaining about it were women who hated scratchy, face-hair or back and shoulder hair. If that really bothers a hetero bear, he should get it waxed!:wink:

RedGuy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love a furry guy, but I know many other gay men who do not. I very hairy myself, and I do shave/wax my back in the summertime. I think that when I was growing up in the 70's/early 80's it was more acceptable to be furry. Look at some of the male models of the era-more than not they were sporting a hairy chest. Today's women, and some men, feel that men have to be totally smooth. Some grooming is essential, I mean you don't want to go around looking like an ape, but a hairy man is very sexy.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As a hairy one, I really don't like it. I wish that I only had a little bit on my chest, legs and arms. I have found waxing and razors to be my friends. I keep everything trimmed and well groomed. In fact, I just manscaped yesterday. I see guys around with very little body hair and it makes me jealous. LOL I want to be one of them, but God gave me hair for some reason.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't sweat it Flashy - there are plenty of girls/women out there who like bears too. Popular culture does seem to flash the smooth man at us (in both hetro and homo context) rather more than the hirsute and I guess maybe you guys feel about it the same way we women feel about skinny v's curvy. The fact that gay culture seems to celebrate the 'bear' type more may be to do with the fact that men in general are more aware of their own body image issues - we women are more likely to figure you are comfortable with your bodies regardless. And that's just not true.

But trust me - in discussions with women I hear just as many wax lyrical (forgive the pun) on the hairy man as the smooth man. You have a whole 'silverback' thing going for you - that really does it for some straight women as much as it does for some gay men.

Personally I like both - then I've never been one to limit my options :biggrin1:

thanks for the nice post MB. :smile:

I don't mind that society flashes the smooth man as sort of the "exemplar",...that doesn't really upset me so much as the societal insults in pop culture about hairiness upsets me, as those seem to be even more prevalent.

since i was born in 1971, i prefer women with the more natural triangle pubic hair for example, not the all bare look...which i find a bit disconcerting, so it is nice that some women feel the same way about hairier guys.

as i remember back in the day, guys like Tom Selleck and types like that were all the rage with the hairy chests etc. so i guess you are right about it still being attractive to a larger segment.

"I guess maybe you guys feel about it the same way we women feel about skinny v's curvy"

that is a good point...i personally love curvy and more buxom women, and throughout my entire life have always been much more attracted to that type of woman then the absurd images of skininess that are flung at women today as what should be the norm. I have always dated curvier more buxom women exclusively, and have only been with one slimmer woman in my entire life...and she was more healthy thin then fashion model/actress type of starving thin (which i find completely unattractive)

(see my post in this thread...)
http://www.lpsg.org/42356-curvy-girls-and-sex.html

as for the whole "silverback" thing...i just hope i don't wind up on top of the empire state building with airplanes shooting at me

:tongue: :wink:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I was 13 when it started to sprout. It remained as just a hairy chest and stomach until my late teens when it started to pop up on my shoulders. It now covers my whole back if left unattended.

A lot of girls dig the hairy chest thing but shoulders and backs seem to be out of favour.

Not that I can imagine a time when they were in. Middle Paleolithic perhaps?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It came in around 15 or so - chest, legs, stomach and grew thicker until about 28. No hairy back or butt so far and no complaints from any partners yet.

I did shave when I was on a swim team and I've noticed that it does keep you warmer in the winter. It itches when it grows in so I don't shave it off anymore.

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
"The hardest thing in life is to want what you have."

This forum, above all others, proves that over and over.

I agree.

small dick/ big dick
hairy/smooth
dark/blonde
straight hair/curly hair

Many want just what nature didn't gave them.

I'm hairy all over, even more grey than dark. It's just me. I trim or shave where needed but I'm not going to make it the opposite of what nature made me.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had thick chest hair in high school, to the point that it would poke its way out through shirts with a coarse weave.

By my mid-20's, I had added thick hair on my back, but it was starting to fall out of my head.

By my 40's, I had a big bald spot on my head (and started getting short buzz cuts), but shoulders so hairy that people confessed they wanted to pet them. The hair on my legs had actually lessened, to the point where my shins are almost smooth, while it grew thicker on my body.

I didn't develop any armpit hair until I was about 44 or 45.

My trainer at the gym was kidding me about how hairy my shoulders were compared to my shins. So I showed him my pits, and explained that even that little bit didn't grow until recently. His comment was that 13-year-old girls have more armpit hair than that! So, hair is a very strange thing!

Some guys have stiff, wiry body hair. I remeber sleeping with one guy that was like a Brillo pad. I have soft hair, and have learned that it can be used very sensually. Ther'es nothing like spooning with someone, and gently tickling and stimulating their back with your chest fur.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I am 23 and when I came out of a pool once some chick looked at me in this weird awestruck face and said "You have hair everywhere"....she was like 18.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'd say I was moderately hairy...and being blond (and a former redhead), it doesn't show as much as if I was dark-haired. I'm not bald (but am thinning), and though I had hair over my ears and collar in high school, I keep it short now.

Mine started coming in when I was 11...by 7th grade, I already had a thick bush, underarm hair, a clump between my pecs, and hair on my arms and legs. I shaved my face every day. In highschool, I was one of the few boys with thick chest hair, and my dates really enjoyed running their fingers through it after unbuttoning my shirt. (I usually wore t-shirt undershirts, both because my dad's retired Navy, and so I could camouflage my hairiness a bit. Most of my friends are/were smoother.) My treasure trail met up with my between-pec hair about 10th grade, and then it widened. It's now shaped sort of like an hour glass, with a very short stem: It starts at my collar bones, reaches its narrowest a few inches below my pecs, then widens out over my abs, and just continues. I don't have much hair on my shoulders or back, though my butt's hairy. I trim about every three months or so, and never have to trim my arms or legs. My balls are hairy, too.

I've only been with women and men who liked my hair. I guess the word got around!