A Question for the LPSG Ladies.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had lunch with one of my close female friends this week. And she told me she was using a new birth control pill that made her only have 3 periods a year. My question is this.

Do you think fooling with mother nature with these pills is safe in the long run?

Thank You. Jason.

wonderland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women have been doing this for years. It just wasn't approved by the FDA. I can't see how it is worse than taking the pill at all.

Last edited:

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I disagree with Wonderland, there have been many studies about the deleterious effects of birth control and woman. I think the problems with Norplant are well known, so yes there does seem to be some side-effects with F!@#ing with mother nature

B_pinoyurge

Experimental Member
Media
some say it don't have, while some say it has long-term effects

it depends on the pills.

better if you use the one being endorsed by a health organization

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had lunch with one of my close female friends this week. And she told me she was using a new birth control pill that made her only have 3 periods a year. My question is this.

Do you think fooling with mother nature with these pills is safe in the long run? Thank You. Jason.
I don't think it will prove safe in the long run; but I'm not a doctor. For every 10 women that say a new method of birth control is great there will most likely be 15 that say it sucks. It's a crap shoot based on each womans hormones and genetic makeup.

I disagree with Wonderland, there have been many studies about the deleterious effects of birth control and woman. I think the problems with Norplant are well known, so yes there does seem to be some side-effects with F!@#ing with mother nature
Norplant was a wretched idea! 5 matchstick sized plastic rods laced with manufactured hormones and then embedded in the skin under your upper arm. I remember when that came out and just thought it was for lazy people.:rolleyes: It worked within 24 hours and lasted 5 years! :eek: How could anybody possibly believe that would be healthy.

wonderland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I should have been more to the point in my original post. I am not endorsing hormonal birth control. I do not take it. But if a woman knows the risks and takes it, having only 4 periods a year doesn't seem like it would make it any worse.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i could use any of this kind of stuff in the past ,when i was younger it always messed with me in some way and didnt work very well.glad i dont need any thing any more i feel much much better, but wish they would come up with something for the ones who do so it wouldnt be so bad for them in other ways. and also cause harm latter on that we as women arent aware of untill it is to late for us sometimes.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
whatever works for who's involved. If they choose that type of birth control they should make damn sure they know the warnings and contraindications and that something that has not been on the market for a very long time may turn out to have a problem in the long run.

As much as I hate my period every month. I'd rather know I was expecting one and not worrying about being on some sort of birth control then find out it didn't work and I was pregnant. I'd feel awful to know a baby was exposed to that medication for a while and possibly cause problems.

I hate BCP's and have yet to find one in the last 10 years I can keep down but I don't find enough evidence of the patch type yet to be certain of it. I've got enough chemicals in my body. I don't want anymore, that is what condoms can be for......at least for me for a long time.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Periods may be horrible, and we ALL wish we never had to deal with them but they are there for a reason. Personally id rather put up with them a few days a month then later in life find out my whole system is fucked because of something i took.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hate BCP's and have yet to find one in the last 10 years I can keep down but I don't find enough evidence of the patch type yet to be certain of it. I've got enough chemicals in my body. I don't want anymore, that is what condoms can be for......at least for me for a long time.

Can't keep them down as in you always throw them up? Why? And you do know you can take them vaginally and they're still effective.

Periods may be horrible, and we ALL wish we never had to deal with them but they are there for a reason. Personally id rather put up with them a few days a month then later in life find out my whole system is fucked because of something i took.

Birth control pills are meant to mimic pregnancy. They contain hormones that fool your body into thinking it's pregnant. Otherwise your body which has prepared itself to become pregnant by thickening the uterus to accept a fertilized egg has to make itself thin again hence your period.

Unless you have some sort of pre-existing health conditions birth control pills are perfectly safe. Just think of the once every 3 month pills as being pregnant once a year. Women who lived before the invent of birth control most likely lived this life anyways as most of them had more than 10 pregnancies in their lifetime and escaping complications from giving birth lived long healthy lives.

I personally take the once every 3 mos. pill and have had no problems. They do have a pill that only lets you have 1 a year and I would never go that far but I don't have any reason to suspect that only having my period 4 times a year is going to be hurtful to me. They are afterall the same hormones your body would give off not some man-made substance that leaves us unsure of the long-term effects.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I take my birth control pills 3 months in a row. None of my doctors have advised me against it and I think anyone who says it's bad needs to get their information straight.

psosandra

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I read somewhere a while back that it's actually better for us to have fewer periods, that women didn't use to since they had kids younger and more often, they didn't have them for years on end like we do now.