A question for the swimmers...

meritores

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So if you didnt kno im a PE teacher, and April 3rd marks the begining of swiw instead of gym. A lot of my boys especially the freshmen have come up to me asking if about the dress code for swim and the shorts the school provides are tight and tiny and many of the boys refuse to wear them, so I was just wondering what types of shorts can my boys wear with out getting embarassed, i also need somthing cheap because im comming out of pocket... thanks...

Wilde316

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Couldn't you just make them wear track shorts or something like that, unless they're actually competing I can see no reason why a normal style of shorts cannot be allowed

oldman9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A thread similar to this one has been posted sometime in the past. I think I may have put this question in then - - - or maybe I just thought about doing so. Anyway, WHEN did they start issuing swimming trunks to highschool kids??? It has been a long time since I was in h.s. but not so long ago that I don't remember that swimming day (usualy once a month) was conducted in the buff; nobody wore nothin' - - - -except the coach. I think the girl's swim classes brought their own swim wear from home. As a sophomore (aged 15) I had already attained my full genital growth and was a standout among my peers, causing much comment and kidding (variously referring to my "anchor" or my "floatation gear", etc., etc.) to the extent that early on the coach (who had been my P.E. teacher in jr. high) asked if I would want to wear a pouch which he would provide. I declined because I felt that it would just cause more blabber. At least, they didn't make me take swimming class with the GIRLS - - - damn it!!!!

Gramps

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm confused as to why a PE coach is confused at such a basic as swimming togs.

Either you've never taught swimming and the school has never had a swimming program before, or you slept through that class in college.

If the school has no uniform policy, students wear what they can afford. Good grief.

D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

Experimental Member
Media
oldman9x7 said:
Anyway, WHEN did they start issuing swimming trunks to highschool kids??? It has been a long time since I was in h.s. but not so long ago that I don't remember that swimming day (usualy once a month) was conducted in the buff; nobody wore nothin' - - - -except the coach.

Wow, that would be so out of the question here to go buff. Most of the classes are co-ed, though, so it wouldn't work out anyway. Some schools have school-issued swimming suits. For P.E. though, my school just allows us to bring a bathing suit from home. If you don't bring one or forget, then you either sit out and receive a zero, or you can wear one of the swimming team's speedos.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
ryanishung said:
Wow, that would be so out of the question here to go buff. Most of the classes are co-ed, though, so it wouldn't work out anyway. Some schools have school-issued swimming suits. For P.E. though, my school just allows us to bring a bathing suit from home. If you don't bring one or forget, then you either sit out and receive a zero, or you can wear one of the swimming team's speedos.

And people wonder why teachers are accused of molesting students:rolleyes:
Naked Swim Class.. my word:eek:

oldman9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hi, Windy,

I don't suppose that this was a reason for swimming classes (male) to be nude but I do recall that we all had to take a soap shower prior to going into the pool. We were checked at the door to be sure that at least we were wet. If that routine was to keep extraneous bugs out of the water, the use of a swim suit might have been seen as a negating influence. Ya think??

Gramps

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
windtalkerways said:
Jeff...when I was in high school, all
the male students were required to
swim naked. I have no idea why.

Are you serious Windy? Well, I guess the shower facilities in the changerooms were open, so maybe it just promoted self awarness... But I feel bad.. I mean...A highschool is not a Plaza... the water must have been FREEZING!!:rolleyes: :banana:
Where's the shrunken penis icon when you need it?

D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

Experimental Member
Media
Well, high schools have certainly changed a whole lot since then. I actually find the concept fun. As long as the teacher wasn't watching us while we swim...that gives me too much of a pervert vibe, especially since my gym teacher is bald and old.

meritores

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well see the thing is the school i work at( my 1st year here) is very small we currently have 49 students 21 boys and 28 girls, but only lower class students (9) take swim and "the school board" requires us to provide "swim bottoms" for the students, and the ones the school has now are at least 4 years old, worn out and the boys wont wear them. So i talked to the school board and they said i could get the boys new"swim bottoms" but i would have 2 pay 4 them my self..so i talked to the principal and she said if i purchased the trunks she would pay me back with money from the next school fundraiser, which i have no problem with, but i just want the best quality for a good price...I consider these boys my childern and i take care of em..

sgop

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What is this obsession with uniforms and 'codes' ? Let the kids wear what they want for God's sake: the sky won't fall in and nobody will die. They'll soon discover baggy shorts are confortable when dry but clingy and revealing when wet. Plus they generate more resistance in the water. So those that value performance over modesty will switch to speedos in the end.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oldman9x7 said:
It has been a long time since I was in h.s. but not so long ago that I don't remember that swimming day (usualy once a month) was conducted in the buff; nobody wore nothin' - - - -except the coach.

Gramps
I would imagine it was how things were done awhile back. My father has told me that everybody swam naked at the “Y” when he was younger. Now it is unthinkable. I guess times change.

GuyanaPrince

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wasn't that far back, truthfully - at least, as sensibilities go.

Way back in 1977 :tired:, we used to shuck off our clothes and wade in broad stretch of creek behind the school, whenever we got the chance. If you didn't you went back to class with soggy underwear showing through your pants, and the girls would make fun of you for peeing yourself - even though some of them knew we'd been swimming. Anyway, to advoid the ribbing, you ditched your clothes and swam.

And we called it swimming - not skinny-dipping or something silly like that. It wasn't naughty or sexual; just plain, old swimming. If somebody had other ideas about what we were doing, that was on them, and they kept it to themselves as they damn well should have.

God willing I ever have any, I'm sorry my kids won't benefit from some of the simpler sensibilities of the early to mid twentieth century.

People have been swimming in their birthday suits for thousands upon thousands of years, for crying out loud. We've let a tiny minority of uptight, screwed-up prudes ruin things for everybody.