A question for the wise.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Sal_Manilla, Jan 31, 2012.

1. D_Sal_Manilla

D_Sal_Manilla Account Disabled

Do you believe that great sex alone can keep a marriage together?

2. savin107

savin107 New Member

I'm only 26 and I'm not married, but I do know that if the only good thing in my marriage was the sex, that's not a marriage I want to be in.

3. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
    No.I haven't been married but the promise of great sex and nothing else sounds like a disastrous relationship.

4. closetfreak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    no. never marry your fuck buddy.

5. upone

upone New Member

Dicey question. Married thrice, divorced twice, lots of stuff between and during. Usually sex declines rather quickly in marriage, and the other stuff kicks in--Reading, writing, working, kids, cars, houses, plumbing... Generally, I'd say "no".

6. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

god no there is so much more to keep a relationship love, communication, respect. etc

7. salter

salter Active Member

Albums:
    Absolutely not. I've been married for 41 years and I have what to go on.

8. SR_Jherkin_McGherkin

not a marriage i'd want to have

9. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

For a while. I've heard of some couples who stayed together when that was about all they had working for each other. They all eventually broke up.

A lot of things can keep a marriage "together" after the positive feelings have died, such as children, financial issues, not being able to afford a divorce, joint home ownership, etc.

10. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I don't see how the sex could remain great if other resentments built up. If all else was neutral, well maybe - but I think that's highly unlikely.

11. jeff926

Gold Member

It sure is a necessary condition for a happy marriage, however, don't think it's a sufficient condition. I wonder a marriage can survive after infidelity has been revealed.

12. rtg

rtg
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hell no. any relationship needs much more than sex. and for a lot of women anyway, the amazingness of sex comes down to the emotional connection you have with someone, i.e. making love as opposed to just 'fucking'.

13. dolfette

Gold Member

if the relationship is shite i don't want the sex.

14. D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Albums:
    Yes, I believe so. Many people, today, if they find a great sex partner, especially if the man is overly endowed, length wise and thickness, and his significant other can take all of him, doing everything in bed he desires, and giving him sex as needed -- yes, they will remain together, probably. There is no statistical data on this.

Now, when the significant other refuses or no longer wants sex...then, the man may seek over avenues for his pleasure.

Since AIDS is still out there and there is no cure, many people stay together because at least they know the person they are with is clean, and they do not want to take a chance.

I know married men are paranoid about that; they do not want to bring anything back to their wives. So, if they find/discover a good, fuck partner (a long-term sexual commitment), it is all good.

15. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, it helps, providing it's with the one you are married to, or mated with. Never limit exploration. Your mind expands much further than your body.

16. slate_australis

slate_australis New Member

Albums:
    Absolutely not... full stop.

Like any relationship that's based on sex... at one point or another (either temporarily or permanently) what keeps you together will have to change.

For example, lets say your wife ends up with a illness that makes sex impossible? Or even you?

I believe a healthy physical connection is important, but if the only thing keeping a relationship together is sex... then, you're in trouble for the long-run.

I've been with my partner 2.5 years and we're talking about getting married (in NY, VT or MA :p) in November... sure the sex is great, but that's not why I want to spend the rest of my life with him... it's part of a much bigger picture.

17. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Put it this way, if it does end and the sex was bloody fantastic. They won't forget you. Ever.

18. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Great sex is great but there are too many other considerations in a marriage or relationship that it won't impact; like money issues, career, family and health. If your partner gets cancer great sex is not going to cure it or deal with the emotional issues that come with it. A great marriage or relationship is built on a foundation of trust and respect everything else is built on top of that. Great sex has a lot of give and take to be great, a great relationship is sometimes all about compromising in order to be successful.

The sex is the icing on the cake not the main course.

19. avg_joe

Gold Member

No !!! Having a great sex is part of a great marriage. By the way, the cat from your avatar is too cute.

20. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great sex alone is not enough. If there is nothing else to go on, except the sex, why get married in the first place?

Draft saved Draft deleted