A Question? Is your dick connected to your heart?

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The very idea of sex without love makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stand even hearing/reading about people that have sex for sex. Some of my friends are that way.... I don't care if they are doing a guy or girl, it's just disgusting and wrong when viewed under my personal morals (normally, I don't care for male female relationships but this is one of my exceptions). Even as a virgin, I can say my dick is connected to my heart.

To be a bit comedic... my dick is connected to my heart, along with any other organ that makes use of my blood vessels(veins, arteries, capalaries, etc.)! =D

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think I could have sex without some form of emotional attachment. I really enjoy making love and not just getting myself off.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hmmm...well, I almost hate to comment here because, although I know everyone says "it's not a moral issue," the comments about sex without love making someone sick, or one saying there is no way he could do THAT, do imply a bit of a moral judgement.

For me, it's complicated. Sex with the woman I love is fabulous. It's different from anything else I've experienced, and it truly is uniting on a deeper level. But I still masturbate alone, even though it's not as good. And, honestly, I've had sex lots of times that is totally casual and just about getting off. Be it getting a BJ from an anonymous guy in the steam room, or finding a buddy who enjoys helping each other out sexually, it's a drive I have difficulty controlling. I can do the sex without love thing, and have lots of times. I can't say I'd advocate it, and, no, I wouldn't want my sons or daughters to do it, but there it is.

So, in short, my cock doesn't care. It doesn't fall it love; it lusts. Once that switch is on, I will do stupid things that make no logical sense but that seem REALLY IMPORTANT at the time. Yet in so many other places in my life I'm more mature and make better decisions than I did when I was in my 20's. Go figure.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didn't think about this before, but I've had involuntary hardons before that were triggered by physical contact with women that I hadn't considered before. It doesn't happen all the time, or maybe even less than half, but it's happened.

There was one in college where she gave me a hug -- not one of those shoulder-to-shoulder casual hugs, but full-contact, feet-between-feet kind of hugs. Somehow, she seemed to not be coming on to me, either, which was kind of confusing.

But, my goodness, my dick throbbed after that. I couldn't believe it. If she were to take me by the hand into one of the practice rooms (we were in the music building), I was ready to fuck her silly.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. Sex when there is true love and devotion involved is amazing. Random fucking is great but in the end it leaves you cold and empty.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you for your views Pope Benedict XVI.

To me, it seems there are fewer men around here these days who will speak up (the way I tend to) for "older traditional views".

One poster has already mentioned "maturity" and perhaps that is what's behind my rationale. I dunno.

I never have figured out "one night stands" per se. To me, getting in the sack purely for the physical seems so (?)....animalistic. Something's missing in that "impulse type behavior". Humans are much different than mere animals. Humans are emotional. We have a higher caliber of understanding and responding to physically coming together. Or, at least we should have!

The sex act, whether we want to acknowledge it or not, is more than just the physical. MUCH more. Perhaps without even being aware of it at the time, when we have sex, we inevitably stir up not only the physical, but the emotional, psychological, and even the spiritual aspects in this avenue of human life. Yes. We can try to deny this fact, even dismiss it in our conversations here. But, the truth remains nonetheless that human sex is on a whole different level. Or... it's deserving to be.

The moment two people come together sexually, each one will never quite be the same. Something will always be (?) ... "different" between them from that point onward. Their intimacy will always be a shared memory. Each could go their seperate directions afterwards, even go out of each others' lives completely. But that sex act between them will always be tucked away in the memory file. Why not then, assure such a memory has some real meaningful substance to it, you know? Today's casual sex and "hooking up" isn't even an immitation to what sex could really be. What it was intended to be.

I think many of us will attest that once we personally know the joys of commitment and meaningful sex in a loving relationship, well, it tends to sell one for life that this is indeed the much preferred route to take.

This is of course, very much my own opinion, but having sex to take care of only the physical (at least to me) seems very, very selfish. You wind up not only cheating yourself--deprived of what sex could really be emotionally, but perhaps worse yet? The other person gets cheated pretty badly as well.