A question that's always been on my mind.....

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always wondered can women have sex while menstruating? When I first got my period at age 13 my mother made sure to tell me to never do that because it is nasty but I was talking to my cousin the other day and she told me she had unprotected sex while on her period often and never gets pregnant. Anybody have a clue?

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes you can have sex while menstruating. There's no extra risk associated with it, and it's actually been shown to help with cramps.

As a caution though, you can most definately get pregnant while having sex during your period. So don't count on it as any sort of birth control.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes you can have sex while menstruating. There's no extra risk associated with it, and it's actually been shown to help with cramps.

As a caution though, you can most definately get pregnant while having sex during your period. So don't count on it as any sort of birth control.

thank you!

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
No offence intended Rommette...

Sadly this site is a little plagued at times by minors masquerading as older members in order to ask questions. Questions it's assumed most older people would know.

Often such people give off a vibe in their posts and yours felt kinda so.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I understand what your saying. But what's up with this rumor that imma man?

Either you're a man or you've had a piss poor education and are extremely naive when it comes to sexual matters.

So which is it?

And I wish everyone would stop lying in this thread! Women can't have sex on their periods because the blood dries up and blocks the front door. Back door is always an option though :wink:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I wish everyone would stop lying in this thread! Women can't have sex on their periods because the blood dries up and blocks the front door. Back door is always an option though :wink:

i've had sex with women on their period...i was always told though that there's an increased risk for yeast infection and HPV contraction...messy none the less

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Either you're a man or you've had a piss poor education and are extremely naive when it comes to sexual matters.

So which is it?

Neither, I was just asking. I've never been in a situation to have sex while menstuating. I was on depo (short term for a birth control) and it allows me not to have my period as long as i am on it and i've been on it for a year until I recently stopped.

I've never heard that the blood dries up and blocks the front door. Even when i'm not horny I am still wet somewhat. That's something new.

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Neither, I was just asking. I've never been in a situation to have sex while menstuating. I was on depo (short term for a birth control) and it allows me not to have my period as long as i am on it and i've been on it for a year until I recently stopped.

I've never heard that the blood dries up and blocks the front door. Even when i'm not horny I am still wet somewhat. That's something new.

Remarks like those are what make people suspicious that you're not who you claim to be.

Depo Provera has a host of health risks associated with it. Depo causes reduced bone density which can increase your chance of osteoporosis when you're older. This change is irreversible and going off Depo won't undo any reduction it did. Because of this same issue, it won't typically be proscribed to young women, because their bones are still growing.

If you are 19, as you say, it's unlikely that any doctor would have ever allowed you a prescription for it, and it's only available via prescription.

Also, your periods don't generally go away immediately when using depo. It usually takes about a year of using the drug before you stop having them.

And it should be obvious to anyone with a clue that Scaredlittleboy was being sarcastic, but you took him seriously.

All those kinds of things, taken as a whole, give the impression that you have no real experience with the subjects you're speaking about. That leads to two likely scenarios...

1) You're under 18

or

2) You're not a woman

I'm not gonna get all over your case for it, because I don't actually care and the more threads around here the better, but I wanted to help you understand why people are doubting your identity.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here in maryland we have a Healthy Teens Young Adult program where you can go for contraceptives. I was also told to take calcium pills (which i never did). I did not need a prescription because a nurse administers it on the spot. The only requirement they game me was that they could nly give it to me when I was on my period. I first got on it when I was 17 and kept going back every three months and was due to go back in December and I am just starting my period again. I am aware that it doesn't immediately stop your period. I was bleeding everyday (not much) for about 2.5 months straight so I called back there and they said it was fine. Obviously if I am asking a question I don't have experience in something. As far as my sex life, it has been limited and I have not had alot of partners.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are 19, as you say, it's unlikely that any doctor would have ever allowed you a prescription for it, and it's only available via prescription.

Actually, it's done pretty routinely especially in clinic situations with young women who may or may not be responsible enough to take a pill every night. I know many women in their teens and early 20s on depo-- as far as I know, each practitioner makes a benefits versus risk analysis at the time of administering the drug.

Also, your periods don't generally go away immediately when using depo. It usually takes about a year of using the drug before you stop having them.
That's not true for everyone-- I have a friend on depo who hasn't had a period since going on it in 2006.

And it should be obvious to anyone with a clue that Scaredlittleboy was being sarcastic, but you took him seriously.
I think you're all being really hard on her.

Here in maryland we have a Healthy Teens Young Adult program where you can go for contraceptives. I was also told to take calcium pills (which i never did). I did not need a prescription because a nurse administers it on the spot. The only requirement they game me was that they could nly give it to me when I was on my period. I first got on it when I was 17 and kept going back every three months and was due to go back in December and I am just starting my period again. I am aware that it doesn't immediately stop your period. I was bleeding everyday (not much) for about 2.5 months straight so I called back there and they said it was fine. Obviously if I am asking a question I don't have experience in something. As far as my sex life, it has been limited and I have not had alot of partners.

This sounds like an especially patient, well-reasoned explanation.

As far as sex on your period, it's a personal preferenece. I like it, it helps cramps, and I'm usually very horny that time of the month. God made showers for a reason.

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, it's done pretty routinely especially in clinic situations with young women who may or may not be responsible enough to take a pill every night. I know many women in their teens and early 20s on depo-- as far as I know, each practitioner makes a benefits versus risk analysis at the time of administering the drug.

Being unfamiliar with the health clinic scene, color me the ignorant one on this point then :cool: