A question to Gay guys

D

deleted652176

First of all I wanna keep clear that I mean no offense to any gay guys whatsoever I just have a doubt that could probably be only answered by you guys I believe that you everyone to look for love and happiness in whichever way they see fit.... anyways on with the... Uh, questions I have.

Well here is the deal I was wondering what gay guys consider is the difference between the gay guys that act effeminate and the guys that are, well. just like guys except they find themselves attracted to men... I've only ever met gay guys that are effeminate so I pretty much only know Str8 acting gay guys here on the forum so I would kindly appreciate your feedback, again I mean no offense and this is with my highest respect

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You've met plenty of straight acting gay guys. It's just that your gaydar isn't fully developed, and you didn't spot 'em.

And maybe you weren't sending off vibes that would let them know it might be profitable to hit on them.

Gotta work on that.

DrCalvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You've met plenty of straight acting gay guys. It's just that your gaydar isn't fully developed, and you didn't spot 'em.
this. if they are straight acting, how would you tell the difference when they are walking down the street?

CobraLover

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well here is the deal I was wondering what gay guys consider is the difference between the gay guys that act effeminate and the guys that are, well. just like guys except they find themselves attracted to men... I've only ever met gay guys that are effeminate so I pretty much only know Str8 acting gay guys here on the forum so I would kindly appreciate your feedback, again I mean no offense and this is with my highest respect

There are many more masculine gay men than there are effeminate gay men. You just wouldn't know they were gay unless you ask them...me included.

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
story of my life. stealth gay reporting in. Just busy living life and taking care of my shit. Watching baseball (go yankees) and working in my yard or garage. We're all of us gentle snowflakes man....no 2 the same. Not like we have a sign around our necks that say blow jobs .05 cents

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is the difference between the feminine and masculine gays guys? Hard to say; it seems both could be tops, bottoms, or versatile in bed. What areas are you referring to? Their promiscuity, income, ability to dress or dance?

Last edited:
D

deleted652176

And maybe you weren't sending off vibes that would let them know it might be profitable to hit on them.

Gotta work on that.

Hmm Im str8 btw just had that doubt but thanks for the answer...Anyways does that mean that a Gay guy that acts str8 is kinda closeted? but would go effeminate one he goes out?

D

deleted652176

this. if they are straight acting, how would you tell the difference when they are walking down the street?

Well that isnt really what I mean more like what do You think is the dfferences if there are any ?

D

deleted652176

There are many more masculine gay men than there are effeminate gay men. You just wouldn't know they were gay unless you ask them...me included.

Oh I didnt know that I might be a bit misled though cuz well Ive never met a str8 acting guy in person just through here

D

deleted652176

story of my life. stealth gay reporting in. Just busy living life and taking care of my shit. Watching baseball (go yankees) and working in my yard or garage. We're all of us gentle snowflakes man....no 2 the same. Not like we have a sign around our necks that say blow jobs .05 cents

Hahha yeah I guess ur right I guess its dependanton how the person feel about themselves right?

D

deleted652176

I guess ur right makes me feeel dumb about asking now hahaha

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, I wouldn't say dumb....just...young.

I believe what you are asking is what makes some guys femmy? It's probably a combination of hormonal differences from "normal," as well as other genetic traits, along with environmental factors, such as friends and social networks, family dynamics, sibling behavior, etc etc

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The difference is personality. Some guys when they accept they are gay, will change the way they act to be more visably gay. Most of us just continue being ourselves. You act how you act because you are you, not because you are straight. You don't think about your sexuality every second, even if you are thinking about sex :)

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a very effeminate guy, I'm not afraid to admit it, I can't hide it. I'm proud of who I am as an individual... however... in my opinion, I have always had difficulty with the term "Straight-acting" If you're gay, and fuck guys... that's not acting straight. We're far too progressive of a culture to label behavior as only straight. Personally, I think the true definition of "Straight-acting" = In the closet. Hence, the "acting." But this is an opinion, so you don't have to accept it. Just adding my 2 cents.

My husband might be one of the most masculine gay guys in our city... you name it. But he still identifies as gay, so there's no more acting. His behavior is... simply because he is.... if that makes sense.

I don't mean for this to come across as an attack against the original post, I don't see femme/masc guys as any more uniquely different than any other pairing of people. That's all.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
My boyfriend is more effeminate and I find when we are around each other I adapt to his behavior. Even in the gay bars or around my friends I adapt to my environment and those around me. I would not say I am exactly masculine but as I became comfortable with my orientation. My boyfriend in fact helped bring me out of my shell and be comfortable with who I am.

Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've found that masculine gay men tend to hang around only masculine men (whether they be gay or straight). I think of most masculine gay men as I would a mulatto person in the late 19th century. They might not be purposely "trying" to pass, but society doesn't easily figure out who they really are. Effeminate men tend to wear their sexuality as a scarlet letter of sorts. Just my opinion.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm Im str8 btw just had that doubt but thanks for the answer...Anyways does that mean that a Gay guy that acts str8 is kinda closeted? but would go effeminate one he goes out?

This is actually pretty funny but I don't think you meant it to be that way. If you follow it to its natural conclusion, it would mean that a guy starts out as just Joe Blow down the street (pardon the pun) and the more he acknowledges his homosexuality, the more effeminate he becomes. Like he slowly changes from some macho slob into a mincing flaming girl (again pardon offensive language to the women here). It almost sounds like some bizarre TV show. I've never heard this idea expressed before so maybe the current generation of young people think about it this way. Fascinating for sure. :smile: