A Question

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sixlittleboi, Jan 7, 2009.

1. sixlittleboi

sixlittleboi Member

Albums:
    I was listening to the radio today and the DJ posed a good question. When things went bad over the past 8 years it was all Bush's fault. Nothing good, and I mean NOTHING, was ever acknowledged. Over the next 4 years will Obama be credited with everything that goes right while we over look his shortcomings? The DJ as a black woman so I don't think it is a racially motivated question. Any thoughts?

2. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

As an 'outsider' i think its probably true in as much as everyone is looking at a fresh start and with optimism. The good points which may occur will be quickly overlooked i hasten to add if there is little in the way of change, a USA more integrated with other nations on international issues would be a great start.

3. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    i think bush's biggest flaw was a lack thoughtfulness , he always went with his gut, and it didnt ever end well.

how many times have you reacted or said or done something in the moment, just using your instant reaction only to realize a few hrs or a few days later that you could have done it differently and better with results that would have been better for everbody. I'll admit i have a quick temper and my blood boils easily. But i know i need to stop and consider what i do and who it hurts.

Bush had a great opportunity to take us in a positive direction with all the world behind us after 9/11, instead he decided to go to war, and make the US look like a big fat jerk. iraq was a black cloud over the rest of his entire presidency. i could go into alot of details about why i never liked him or voted for him, but that just gets the right wingnuts fired up and anyway for the next 4 years my man is in charge and I'm very happy with that. we don't need to blame bush, maybe just prosecute him and cheney for war crimes .....lol

PS: and i'm guessing Obama doesn't have any "short"comings....he carries himself like a well hung man, u can't buy confidence.

#3 thadjock, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  4. pym

pym New Member

Just for starters? We went from 1 to 11 trillion dollars of debt during this administration. I'm not even going to go into the lives lost. Think of that debt figure for a moment. What have we got to fall back on? Consider this.....Fort KNOX is estimated to have approximately 150- 'MILLION' troy ozs.{or 4600 tons} of gold in the vaults. Estimated, because since the Eisenhower admin, no "OFFICIAL" inventory has been taken. Think that covers the debt? Not even close. Todays value of that gold is approxiamately {Drum Roll please:biggrin1:}: 1/2 trillion dollars:frown1:. The damage the Bush admin has wrought will echo for DECADES. If the OBAMA admin. can knock that debt. back by even 20%, that will be a Herculean task worthy of all due respect. And that is my expectation of him. How he accomplishes that task deserves all the support this nation can offer him.

#4 pym, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  5. sixlittleboi

sixlittleboi Member

Albums:
    I think confidence costs the same as a new Ferrari. But it's completely off point.

6. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

___________-minded people need something or someone to blame for everything that goes wrong....in their own lives...or just in general. Not surprisingly, an overwhelming majority of liberals find comfort in blaming Bush for everything from hurricanes to people that don't pay loans back.

In this society, very few people accept responsibility for anything. Exacting blame has become a science and an obsession.

It will be a welcome relief when enough time passes that an event occurs that is impossible to be pinned on Bush. Bush would have had to possess superhuman powers in order to exact the amount of destruction that he is blamed for....in fact there would have had to be dozens of GWB's...all with infinite knowledge on how to wreck the real estate market, invent and proliferate credit default swaps, develop risky mortgage products, increase oil prices, ship jobs overseas, create international conspiracies, and destroy the environment and cause global warming.

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    For once, we're in complete agreement.

Your unsubstantiated, pulled-directly-from-your-rectum, fantastic assertion is disproven on its face by the empirical evidence of the past eight years: All it took was just the one being handed the presidency of the most powerful and influential economy on earth.

8. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

What is GWB's current approval rating? 23% or something?

Directly after the September 11 terrorists attacks, that mainstream media bastion of ultra-liberalism, ABC News, gave GW Bush a 92% approval rating. Ninety-two. That's damn near everybody in the country.

Bush did not sink to his current depths because the ACLU, gays, feminists and atheistsare mindlessly ganging up and "hatin' on him". That 23% approval rating was not pulled out of somebody's ass! HE EARNED IT. Every (mis) step of the way.

9. B_starinvestor

Of course the Admin made some missteps. But he's taking blame for a lot more of the shit than he deserves. I mean, its ridiculous what people are putting on this guy. Do I think he was great? Hell no. But Jezuz.:rolleyes:

10. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    welcome to the mainstream media ideals...

course part of the problem was the lack of a Bush PR machine... while Obama will shatter the recordbooks on PR addresses by a president.... take it to the bank... the guy has been a junior senator for about an active year is under 50 ... and already has two autobiographies on a not too prolific life (i.e. he's been a politician).... he loves spinning rhetoric much less hearing himself talk....

11. sixlittleboi

sixlittleboi Member

Albums:
    I kind of wonder myself whether the bar will be set higher for Obama, or will people that criticize a decision he makes be called racist. It was that way during the race. I wonder if Obama makes any mistake will people over look it? If nothing changes will people make excuses for him?

12. Principessa

Gold Member

It's possible, but he is going to be under such a microscrope I doubt very seriously his shortcomings whatever they turn out to be will be overlooked.

Such as what? Okay, let's set aside the war and the national debt. No Child Left Behind is the biggest educational boondoggle in US history. He has set this country back educationally by at least 40 years. That is ground we could not afford to lose in the world arena. :mad: :irked:

13. B_starinvestor

No Child Left Behind Act has delivered tangible results to students. Since the law was enacted, fourth-grade students have achieved their highest reading and math scores on record, eighth-grade students have achieved their highest math scores on record, and African-American and Hispanic students have posted all-time high scores in a number of categories, narrowing the gap between minority students and white students.:cool:

14. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

njqt:

Of course you are wasting your time with starinvestor when it comes to GWB's record. On previous threads he has given glowing - almost rapturous - sermons on the standards of excellence the Bush administration has set on both education and the environment.

YES! The environment! (betcha didn't know that!) Starman has a whole backlog of spurious facts and questionable figures regarding Bush on education & the environment that he can whip out on cue and dazzle the uninformed with.

What the Starman does with Bush in not quite unlike what some conservatives have done with Joe McCarthy and Jerry Falwell and Jesse Helms -- where they give a shiny, glossy makeover to the corpse. Right now, Starinvestor is in process - as we type! - of remaking & revising GWB's shoddy image. Think of the starman as a PR wizard. And he can back up his false claims that Bush championed the education & the environment with all sorts of false facts and dubious reports and biased journalism.

15. houtx48

Gold Member

Bush is not nor ever was a leader in any sense of the word and after the first bunch of bumbles, he jumped on like a pack jackals on a wounded calf and he did nothing to defend himself so he continues to look like a dunce. He needs to be gone away from Washington.

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Nice revisionist history.
    In fact... George Bush, for his first 4 years, was perhaps the LEAST investigated president of the past 40 years. The Media AND Congress gave him an absolute pass on torture, on wiretapping, on rendition, on Gitmo, on deregulation, on the raping of California and his ties to ENRON, on the 9/11 commission he tried to stifle, on the failure ot even INTERVIEW Saudis in the wake of the attacks on his personal ties to the Bin Laden family....

There was no congressional check on signing statements, unilateral violations of treaties, falsified intelligence, not outright treason.

We only blame Bush in RETROSPECT, because our lack of oversight, outrage and action enabled his policies, which ANY investigation would have revealed as disastrously flawed, to go on entirely unchecked.

Bush is undeniably the worst president in history... but who the fuck were we kidding... pretending we DIDN'T KNOW he was lying, didn't know he was steering borrowed government revenue into the pockets of wealthy friends? Didn't know he was using the Constitution to wipe his ass?

IN point of fact... just as in the Clinton years... the conservative assholes who will never admit to their own failures will most probably give Obama living hell... Constant whines and innuendos is what we have to look forward to...

And if republicans get back into power over either house in 2010, then we WILL have investigations... but more of the bullshit blowjob style idiocy that we had to suffer when Clinton was president... and that was responsible for Republican failure to prevent 9/11.

17. joybunny

joybunny New Member

Is there any additional information concerning this? The statement seems a little too general. Is this nationwide, regional, or for a specific state?

18. B_starinvestor

Phil, the next four years will be extremely painful for you.

19. houtx48

Gold Member

Phil, the next four years will be extremely painful for you............. when you live in a fools paradise is it sunny?

Draft saved Draft deleted