A Quick question for other photo validated members

D_Claude Hopper

Experimental Member
Media
I thought about this for a little while today. I asked myself, "Why did I photo-validate my account?" For me it was simply so that I was more than just a username in the forum. I think it was partly because I felt I owed it in a way as well. I asked for advice on something, and received lots of input from members who would later turn out to be either Photo-verified or Moderators and the like. I felt that if you all were willing to take the time to address what was on my mind, I at least had to make it apparent I was really here.

Either way, I was curious as to everyone's personal reasons for doing it. I'm sure there are plenty out there.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did it because the whole Jacinto scandal. People were hyper-sensitive to anything that didn't add up. Since opinions of people and events (at least the ones that aren't seared in to our brains) often change, I didn't want to be accused of faking anything if my views on a subject changed over time. For some people, a verified photo goes a long way as a sign of good faith.

Had that not happened, I probably wouldn't have done it - but I don't regret it.
I appreciate the advice I've been given, and I thoroughly enjoy the personalities of many of the members.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I joined right about the time the mêlée
was occuring and I felt as if my true
identity was in question, just because
I was so vocal on the board from my
first day.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i validated, to take part. i don't like fakes, so when someone said that they'd seen my pic before, and it wasn't from anywhere where i'm a member, i just wanted to prove that my pic was in fact ME.

i also didn't think i'd be taken seriously as a member unless i was validated.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I haven't photo validated because I'm a trans and they're still fabricating my wang.

Once done? I'll be more than happy to show you all the efforts of modern science including a handy-dandy handmade magic markered LPSG cardboard sign next to it. Won't that be ever-so-special.

:biggrin1:

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll probably get around to it at some time or another. Not in any hurry as most people that know me around here have gotten to know me well enough that I'm not full of crap :cool:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo said:
I haven't photo validated because I'm a trans and they're still fabricating my wang.

Once done? I'll be more than happy to show you all the efforts of modern science including a handy-dandy handmade magic markered LPSG cardboard sign next to it. Won't that be ever-so-special.

:biggrin1:

You are too funny! :biggrin1:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Altairion said:
I'll probably get around to it at some time or another. Not in any hurry as most people that know me around here have gotten to know me well enough that I'm not full of crap :cool:

Oh, we know you you're just shy!:wink:

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wanted everyone to see my hat!

Seriously, I did so to show my respect for the rest of the members of this board and that I wish to be a proper part of this community, even if outside concerns necessitate a little modesty.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A case of what-the-hell here, along with the little carrot Rob was dangling for us skinflints. And it gave me an excuse to look for my Sharpie, long buried under vitally important papers on my computer desk - a little Grail quest I could do without even getting out of my chair.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
EnglishGentleman said:
I wanted everyone to see my hat!

Seriously, I did so to show my respect for the rest of the members of this board and that I wish to be a proper part of this community, even if outside concerns necessitate a little modesty.

And a fine hat it is EG!!! I think you've got a solid Anglo Saxon face. Hey if I were gay I'd DO YA!

Wait.. I am gay... OH SHIT! :33:

In all honesty I'm going to post a face pic eventually with the LPSG sign next to ...however I refuse to have one of those jerry-rigged signs!

I'm going to hire my gilder friend to do one in 18th century gilt script. I think, somehow, it'll be more fitting, n'est-ce pas?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to admit, I did it because of how closely involved I was in the DMW scandal. I wanted people to be sure that I am in fact a slighty pudgy maniacal character with big boobs somewhere in Ohio rather than a creative genius with a sick sense of humor somewhere in Louisianna.

Still, my gold membership had expired and until I scrape together the funds to renew, it allows me gallery access, and I sure do love me some weenie shots- especially verified ones!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure