A real issue: bras

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait.

Please explain the obvious contradiction of the, "lifts and separates" that was a never-ending claim for bra ads. And women always complain about sports bras that create a "uni-boob"

Those are two things I never complained about. I do not need to separate them because that would be an impossibility. They would have to be in separate rooms. As far as lifting, just keeping them above my belly button was sufficient. OK, not that bad, but I knew it would one day come to that. And I don't give a poot about what my chest looks like in a sports bra. I guess if I were working out for a different reason I might care about looks. But that's probably the last place where I care about looking my best.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Those are two things I never complained about. I do not need to separate them because that would be an impossibility. They would have to be in separate rooms. As far as lifting, just keeping them above my belly button was sufficient. OK, not that bad, but I knew it would one day come to that. And I don't give a poot about what my chest looks like in a sports bra. I guess if I were working out for a different reason I might care about looks. But that's probably the last place where I care about looking my best.
I don't like uniboob. I don't care if other people don't like it, and I don't notice anyone else's, but I don't like to catch my reflection and see that. Then again, I look like a cross between a hobo and an orphan at the gym anyway. So. What's one more unappealing thing? LOL

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Uniboob doesn't bother me as much as uniboob sweat bothers me. Boob sweat in general is just awful, terrible and horrible. And after a dog run in August.. small mammals could drown in my cleavage.

The best high impact sports bra I own is from Lululemon :oops: it's so comfortable, and I could balance champagne flutes on my tits during an earthquake.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My boobs are separated. They often don’t speak to each other all day. I think it’s because I give Thelma more attention. She gets the phone, tissues, etc. Of course, they are forced to cuddle at night because I’m a side sleeper, but I do tuck some pj between them to keep things comfortable.

Ann_bbw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am a big farm girl. on top as well, and womanly saggy, however, hate wearing bras. When there are few farm hands around, I love to bra less under a t-shirt and bib overalls. Lots of side boob as you can imagine, and they swing around a lot bending over, but at least I feel free, and cooler. Toughens up the ole nipples too.

uclron

Expert Member
Media
I am a big farm girl. on top as well, and womanly saggy, however, hate wearing bras. When there are few farm hands around, I love to bra less under a t-shirt and bib overalls. Lots of side boob as you can imagine, and they swing around a lot bending over, but at least I feel free, and cooler. Toughens up the ole nipples too.
That sounds pretty hot girl. It must feel good rubbing on those nipples after awhile. I love big ole swinging boobies. I agree, go braless and let them breathe!

Reactions: Ann_bbw

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
As a small breasted woman I've got to say bras are fucking awful torture contraptions. You can buy ten the same size and none of them are the same size as each other. I didn't really bother with them much until I was 27, and now I seem to be going back to not bothering much and wearing '' comfort bras'' from Poundland. My partner is delighted with my £1 old lady bras, as you can imagine :D. One of the perks of having small breasts is that I can sort of get away with it (she says). Bras in general are just badly designed. Most of them adhere to the same template invented by a man in the olden days, and as well as being severely uncomfortable they seriously limit your range of movement. *spits on the ground like an annoyed scotsman* We should just burn them all.

women are always complaining about bra designs 'by a man' yet oddly in the past century none of you have come up with a better concept that I have heard about!

when you say the bras are the same size but not, are they all of the same company?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
women are always complaining about bra designs 'by a man' yet oddly in the past century none of you have come up with a better concept that I have heard about!

when you say the bras are the same size but not, are they all of the same company?

In the world of women's fashions size is relative. What may be a 4 by one designer might be a 2 or 6 by another. Same for shoes. Bras are pretty standard, I guess. I mean, it's not like I have a whole bunch of different cup sizes hanging about. But I do have shoes in different sizes. Drives my husband crazy. He thinks they're like skinny clothes. No, I'm not waiting to lose weight to get into them. They really do fit right now.

Reactions: ronin001 and 950483

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Saw a bra on t.v. , the other day , might have been a " Victoria's Secret " number , reputedly worth $ 2 million bucks . Perhaps that would make some women feel somewhat better . I 'm a man , and I'd probably wear it for a day , if i got to keep it .

flynn

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My wife only wears a bra now if she has to go out in public without a coat. She hates bras and always has. Who came up with the idea of a bra?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Google. There are quite a few bra brands designed for and by women now. I just can't afford them. People who can afford good under garments have options.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Google. There are quite a few bra brands designed for and by women now. I just can't afford them. People who can afford good under garments have options.
Smart & Sexy. Check the website, and look for the clearance items. Everything is so pretty, most of it is comfy, all of it has a variety of cuts of matching panties for just a few ($3-9) dollars extra. I've seen sales where a matching set could be had for $15. Walmart carried them too, but I see better deals on their own website.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I saw something recently about a French study that's been ongoing for years, regarding boobs and bras. They say that wearing a bra doesn't prevent sagging...if your DNA says yours sag, then that's that. They apparently have followed a bunch of women over many years, some who wear a bra during the day, some who wear one 24/7, some who don't wear them at all. They found no evidence that the bras prevent sag at all.
My spousal anecdote: my wife is a 36/DDD or 38/DD, and wears a bra daily unless we're at our nudist resort (most every summer weekend). She has two complaints...they ache a bit if she's braless for a while, and she hates boobsweat. She and another nudist friend are working on some kinda sling affair just for nudists that can leave the breasts mostly exposed but absorbs the sweat. They've had some interesting designs. I resist the urge to offer anything but support, given the "made by men" comments...

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The problem with most bras are not being properly fitted. Once a year, or if my weight/ workout changes, I get a bra fitting. The comfort level of extended bra wearing has gone up. I also try to buy higher quality bras, they last longer and fit better.

Most of the time I just wear a tight tank top/undershirt to keep detail from showing through my outer shirt.

ETA: bespoked bras need to be a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Rofl, how haven't I noticed this thread before.
I agree with all of it some of those comments on @EllieP , s link had me cracked up.
I've battled all my life to find bras that fit properly, look nice and don't fall apart.
About 6 months or so back after putting on a couple of pounds and one of my old faithfuls giving out on me I thought I'd better go and get properly measured so went to a lovely little shop I know and trust. the owner has had the shop for something like 30 years and knows her bras, she's a lovely old lady a real grandma type. We caught up on gossip over coffee and cake before she got the tape out, give the woman credit she was very thorough taking loads of different measurements and offering up different cups etc. After all that she only had a couple of bras in my size in stock saying to me that I won't like them so I'll have to order from her catalogues. she brought out this bra for me to just try for size and give her credit it was perfect, trouble is it looked like something from a bloody horror movie! It had straps so wide you could have tide down an elephant with them and the band was something else, it had like 9 or 12 hooks on it like the width of a champion belt Pmsl
Obviously it was made to last but honestly it reminded me of a straight jacket or something! Said bra was a lot of money too, however ever in my husbands debt we are quite comfortable financially so I ordered 3 nicer looking ones from her and took the straight jacket for wearing under formal dress.
What really gets me tho are sizes, I'm a trained dress maker so fully aware of differing international sizes but it really bugs the hell outta me when it comes to something as important as bras, it's not just the fact that sizes are different from country to country it's the way they also vary so much from make to make when they're supposed to be singing from the same sheet. it really does make things so difficult, I just said how I got measured but I know for certain that in a different brand it would be different and by a lot too. the bras I purchased from the independent shop were a HH and fit lovely, I've since tried some in M&S and no chance, the assistant there helped me find one that would fit and that was a J with a slightly smaller band! I did buy it because it was nice but just shows how different everything is.
With my background in dressmaking I can appreciate how much work goes into a bra especially for bigger women like myself but it also annoys me how they charge so much, if I wasn't in my current situation I wouldn't be able to afford much at all and probably be going around with sores on my shoulders and ribs and creases on my breasts like I had to 10 years ago because things were tight, somebody should do an affordable range for bigger women that maybe don't have all the frills we'd like but fit nicely, anyone a bit practical could bling them up with a little lace themselves!
Anyway I'm ranting and rambling I think Lol!
Yeap running down the stairs in just one of my hubby's shirts and bouncing everywhere because the door bell goes I'm very guilty, usually making whoever is the door uncomfortable cause I also got nips like the end of a giants thumb Lol.
If I lie on my back in bed I take up the room of three people almost which resulted in my hubby buying an enormous bed when we got married Pmsl
Bra straps are wider than the straps on my clothes, personal hate
No clothes especially dresses never fit, I have to buy them to fit my boobs and bum then take the waist in, in some cases I've liked something so much but it wouldn't fit so I've bought two, one as a donor to use the cloth to alter the other
I love the beach when we get some sun over here but swimwear is another issue, I like to have a go at surfing and things but it's such an ordeal firstly getting my ass in then squashing my boobs in it only to end up with sore nipples that it's easier not to bother
Oh yeah T shirts! Yeah! One of my boys recently said to me, mummy you're wearing a tent today! Giggling away Pmsl
I love food and I'm not blessed with the greatest etiquette, living in Cornwall I've usually got pasty crumbs down my cleavage or other food items, I found a shrimp down there once when I got undressed and a chicken strip from a bang bang chicken starter Lol. I'm a big fan of burgers and usually have ketchup or something down the front of what I'm wearing by the end of it too
Going thru door ways when someone else is going out, there's another, hips and boobs are too wide but turn sideways and make it even worse Lol
Seat belts! !! Another hate! ! It's law to wear a seat belt over here, it's either really tight that I can't lean forward or just doesn't go around so have to use a plug in extender!
Vehicles in general when driving really Pmsl, one of my husbands cars is an old mg sports, I can't drive it cause my boobs sit on the steering wheel Lol

I could keep going all day about boob and bra problems Pmsl, hope it's caused a few smiles and I'm sure the bigger ladies here can relate :p

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
In the world of women's fashions size is relative. What may be a 4 by one designer might be a 2 or 6 by another. Same for shoes. Bras are pretty standard, I guess. I mean, it's not like I have a whole bunch of different cup sizes hanging about. But I do have shoes in different sizes. Drives my husband crazy. He thinks they're like skinny clothes. No, I'm not waiting to lose weight to get into them. They really do fit right now.

I know and this is a great thread

be super annoying tho if a bunch of dudes came in and said "size doesn't matter, if you are so big why no pics of them!, and of course, if you can fit a baby through your vagina you can fit your tits into a bra!"

makes ya think