Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know and this is a great thread

be super annoying tho if a bunch of dudes came in and said "size doesn't matter, if you are so big why no pics of them!, and of course, if you can fit a baby through your vagina you can fit your tits into a bra!"

makes ya think

No, no it doesn't. There is no connection other than you looking for a reason to post.

C41ara

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm arriving late to this thread, but yes, finding the right bra is a real problem. Two bras, even from the same type, are always differen, like they have an inner life, and it's especially difficult for someone like me who changes weight often

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rofl, how haven't I noticed this thread before.
I agree with all of it some of those comments on @EllieP , s link had me cracked up.
I've battled all my life to find bras that fit properly, look nice and don't fall apart.
About 6 months or so back after putting on a couple of pounds and one of my old faithfuls giving out on me I thought I'd better go and get properly measured so went to a lovely little shop I know and trust. the owner has had the shop for something like 30 years and knows her bras, she's a lovely old lady a real grandma type. We caught up on gossip over coffee and cake before she got the tape out, give the woman credit she was very thorough taking loads of different measurements and offering up different cups etc. After all that she only had a couple of bras in my size in stock saying to me that I won't like them so I'll have to order from her catalogues. she brought out this bra for me to just try for size and give her credit it was perfect, trouble is it looked like something from a bloody horror movie! It had straps so wide you could have tide down an elephant with them and the band was something else, it had like 9 or 12 hooks on it like the width of a champion belt Pmsl
Obviously it was made to last but honestly it reminded me of a straight jacket or something! Said bra was a lot of money too, however ever in my husbands debt we are quite comfortable financially so I ordered 3 nicer looking ones from her and took the straight jacket for wearing under formal dress.
What really gets me tho are sizes, I'm a trained dress maker so fully aware of differing international sizes but it really bugs the hell outta me when it comes to something as important as bras, it's not just the fact that sizes are different from country to country it's the way they also vary so much from make to make when they're supposed to be singing from the same sheet. it really does make things so difficult, I just said how I got measured but I know for certain that in a different brand it would be different and by a lot too. the bras I purchased from the independent shop were a HH and fit lovely, I've since tried some in M&S and no chance, the assistant there helped me find one that would fit and that was a J with a slightly smaller band! I did buy it because it was nice but just shows how different everything is.
With my background in dressmaking I can appreciate how much work goes into a bra especially for bigger women like myself but it also annoys me how they charge so much, if I wasn't in my current situation I wouldn't be able to afford much at all and probably be going around with sores on my shoulders and ribs and creases on my breasts like I had to 10 years ago because things were tight, somebody should do an affordable range for bigger women that maybe don't have all the frills we'd like but fit nicely, anyone a bit practical could bling them up with a little lace themselves!
Anyway I'm ranting and rambling I think Lol!
Yeap running down the stairs in just one of my hubby's shirts and bouncing everywhere because the door bell goes I'm very guilty, usually making whoever is the door uncomfortable cause I also got nips like the end of a giants thumb Lol.
If I lie on my back in bed I take up the room of three people almost which resulted in my hubby buying an enormous bed when we got married Pmsl
Bra straps are wider than the straps on my clothes, personal hate
No clothes especially dresses never fit, I have to buy them to fit my boobs and bum then take the waist in, in some cases I've liked something so much but it wouldn't fit so I've bought two, one as a donor to use the cloth to alter the other
I love the beach when we get some sun over here but swimwear is another issue, I like to have a go at surfing and things but it's such an ordeal firstly getting my ass in then squashing my boobs in it only to end up with sore nipples that it's easier not to bother
Oh yeah T shirts! Yeah! One of my boys recently said to me, mummy you're wearing a tent today! Giggling away Pmsl
I love food and I'm not blessed with the greatest etiquette, living in Cornwall I've usually got pasty crumbs down my cleavage or other food items, I found a shrimp down there once when I got undressed and a chicken strip from a bang bang chicken starter Lol. I'm a big fan of burgers and usually have ketchup or something down the front of what I'm wearing by the end of it too
Going thru door ways when someone else is going out, there's another, hips and boobs are too wide but turn sideways and make it even worse Lol
Seat belts! !! Another hate! ! It's law to wear a seat belt over here, it's either really tight that I can't lean forward or just doesn't go around so have to use a plug in extender!
Vehicles in general when driving really Pmsl, one of my husbands cars is an old mg sports, I can't drive it cause my boobs sit on the steering wheel Lol

I could keep going all day about boob and bra problems Pmsl, hope it's caused a few smiles and I'm sure the bigger ladies here can relate :p

I wore that Elephant Strap Bra for years! Weren't they horrible? I never did count the hooks, but I do believe there were nine. Right now I'm trying to imagine putting it on. I just shuddered. LOL!

Reactions: lapdog2001

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Vasquez owns a Titty Support Emporium
Motto "The alphabet starts with D"
Screenshot_2017-12-04-11-27-05.png

I remember getting one of my first bras there. That guy was like... Cryptkeeper old. And tiny. I probably outweighed him at the time. There was no Frieda. Just him, that day. I had already been to Macy's, and they'd measured. My mother wasn't sure they were right. He looked at me, named a size, and seemed about to go get some garments to show. My mother stopped him to ask about measurements. He and I both gave her a dirty look. He measured me, and I felt my face flush from the discomfort of having a man's hands so close to my body. It was fast as lightening though. He repeated the size. I don't remember what we bought. I did not get matching underpants there like I did other places we shopped. I know it was the LES because it took a century and a week to get there by train from the Bronx. At least it wasn't Brooklyn. I used to grow up, get a job, move out and raise kids before we'd conclude a subway ride to Brooklyn.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, for a start, why do the vast majority of them fasten at the back? Nobody would design a kitchen with a nonsensical and awkward quirk like that.
... I remember when I was young (but at least 18), when making out, sliding my hands up her back and trying to nonchalantly discern if there was a clasp in the back... and if not and head to the front and pretend I always knew that's where it was. ;)

I do hope you are not suggesting that Plymouth is Cornwall :eek:. From the whole of that post the only part I can relate to is that the pasty crumbs, like the sand, do tend to get everywhere :D.

There was a a lady who lived up the street from me/us 15 years ago who made Bras for the proportion. Lindas Lingerie. Just looked it up, waddayaknow, she is still going :)

She was a character :) http://lindaslingerie.com.au/

Funny how I remember the name of a woman who made Brassiers.

Ann_bbw

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Womanly saggy 44 d or c cup depends on time of month. It is true that bra's do not prevent sag, in fact sometimes increase the chances of sag due to heat and moisture held in. Not only be proud of what you have, but Guys!. Make your honey proud of what she has as well.
One guy in Africa years ago wondered why a tribe of women were firm and perky while a neighboring tribe had mostly saggy boobs. He discovered the tribe who's boobs were firm (even older women). would wash down at the river in "cold" water every morning. The cold apparently helped tighten skin and muscle, and help support the ole girls. I hate the cold splash, but it does help.