A really HOT question, that some may have to deal with one day.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by DGirl, Sep 23, 2009.

1. DGirl

Gold Member

I was watching Divorce court and this question came up. But, the women said HELL no will she stay with her husband and raise his LOVE child.
    So, to you folks out in your city's, towns and many lands out their.."

For the men..

Your wife find out that you made a "LOVE" child with some other women, would you want to stay with the wife and expect her to help take care of it?

For the women..
    Your husband messed around and have a "LOVE" child with another women.
    Would you STAY with your man and help take care of the "LOVE" child?

Now, my answer... I won't tell you until you all start to answer..."

2. B_0beron

B_0beron New Member

I think its a very complex issue that depends on more details on a case-by-case basis. If the couple can work through the mistrust and get on close terms again, one can imagine that the family can work. On the flip side however, if things remain bitter, its really the same as a couple with children of their own facing a divorce. Multiple studies show that parents staying together just for a child generally has a MUCH more harmful effect on the child.
    So it really depends on the people and how they work through the adultery issue. Furthermore, you have to consider where the birth mother fits into all of this, and what her "interest" is in the child's life.

3. lucky8

Gold Member

I would demand a DNA test, and make my decision accordingly

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Marriage is all about adaptation to new challenges: they end when adapting and compromise are no longer possible.

If I were court-ordered to acknowledge a child I'd never previously been aware of and become his/her sole custodial guardian, I would hope that my (hypothetical) marriage was strong enough to handle it, at least initially. Co-equal life partnership is a huge burden, but one with rewards much greater than its stresses (usually).

5. DGirl

Gold Member

I will say right now and LATER..
    That no way in hell will I stay with my hubby if he had a child with another women! That would not ever work. Because, the BABY momma will still end up sleeping with the man that she had a child with. It ALWAYS happens that way. They would share a baby together and guys will be guys.."
    I would not WELCOME a child that is NOT mine into my home with open arms..." Unless, it was my sister or brothers kids..."
    He made a child with the SLUT wile still married, then she can have his cheating lying ass.."
    That is how I feel on the subject.
    But, you all had some good post..
    I so want to hear from my sisters!!!

6. B_0beron

B_0beron New Member

I think the most important thing here is that it's not the child's fault your husband cheated. In an ideal world, either the marriage would end and the husband would raise his illegitimate child with his mistress, or the marriage would last after getting past it and the husband would pay child support if the mistress needed it. But things don't always work out well and the mistress may abandon her child. In which case, the difficult yet compasionate thing would be to in some way make sure that the child is well cared for.

7. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

it would be my responsibility, so no, my don't expect my wife to help me with the child.

8. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Child covcieved prior to the beginning of our relationship, ok.

Child concieved after? I'd want nothing further to do with him, never mind the child.

Draft saved Draft deleted