A Reason to Keep Your "Race" Card?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think that a most important point needs to be made here: Someone could be vicious and unfair to a person of another race without the victim's race being in any way, shape or form a motivation for the assailant's unjustified behavior. This anything-but-good cop may have just decided that he was going to act agressively, indecently and unprofessionally with regards to this driver. Race could have played a minimum role or none in this incident. It is not beyond reasonable doubt that this man was acting out of dislike/hatred of a purely racial nature. As no racial slurs were made nor any admission of his distaste for black men or people, I cannot logically qualify him as a racist on that incident alone.

It's much harder in today's world to establish without a shadow of a doubt someone's wrong behavior against another race (or even his own, which is a possibility) as being purely racially motivated as no one race in this country has been collectively persecuted for decades. Particularly before the Civil Rights Movement, black Americans were indeed a persecuted people, unprotected by anti-discrimination laws. That, in itself, made it much easier to make cases for racism when black persons were wronged by white people.

Finally, black folk also need to be constantly reminded that racism doesn't discriminate.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BigBull wins.

Mr.Pond made an allusion to it not happening to a nice old white lady. Now, how much of that has to do with her being white, how much to do with being old and how much to do with being a woman? The analogy should have been a young white male running from the cops.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BigBull wins.

Mr.Pond made an allusion to it not happening to a nice old white lady. Now, how much of that has to do with her being white, how much to do with being old and how much to do with being a woman? The analogy should have been a young white male running from the cops.

you're right ( and i should have said alleged racist pig as well ) so anything i said on the matter i retract. I would hate my opinion (not fact ) to be taken out of context.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No one has mentioned this, as far as I can tell, but the fact that this officer felt free to engage in such overtly racist and murderous behavior WITH THE SURVEILLANCE CAMERA RUNNING!!!!! says a lot about him and, most probably, about the organization that employs him.

Really? Because that's pretty much been the general thrust of my commentary on this incident.

My question is why did he run? Had to have a reason.

Actually, the more pertinent question is whether or not the officers in pursuit had directly witnessed him in the commission of a felonious assault of some type, because that's the usual standard applied to justify the use of lethal force in apprehending a fleeing suspect in most states.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is it necessary for the officer to actually witness anything? What if the person has outstanding warrants? What if they have weapons \ drugs on them? I ask again, why did he run? IMO when someone flees, they have a good reason for not wanting to get caught. I personally don't care what type of force they use to apprehend suspects on the run, black or white or whatever.

MCA

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think more than being racist, a lot of cops are just power-tripping assholes. They hate on back people, sure, but they're dicks to pretty much anybody. They treat you as guilty before you're proved so. The majority of the ones I've met are pieces of shit.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why is it necessary for the officer to actually witness anything? What if the person has outstanding warrants? What if they have weapons \ drugs on them? I ask again, why did he run? IMO when someone flees, they have a good reason for not wanting to get caught. I personally don't care what type of force they use to apprehend suspects on the run, black or white or whatever.

Because our society is based on the rule of law, not your (or anyone else's) gut instincts.

The use of deadly force is not a matter to be taken lightly, particularly not by those we empower with its use to maintain saftety and order. There are specific laws that govern the justification of use of deadly force, both by civilians and by peace officers. The SCOTUS has affirmed that a person running from the police is not sufficient justification for their arrest or detention. That's why it's necessary.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my book if you run you have reason to, that's not gut instincts, that's plain fact. If not, why would you need to flee? Why do we need to coddle those that commit crimes?

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
coddling criminals is bad, but coddling the police can be just as bad. that was clearly unnecessary force. if someone is to be punished for being a criminal or running from the cops ,which as Hazel said isn't sufficient justification for arrest or detention, let them be punished with due process, not by a cop who thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my book if you run you have reason to, that's not gut instincts, that's plain fact. If not, why would you need to flee? Why do we need to coddle those that commit crimes?

No, it's supposition on your part...nothng more. Fortunately for the rest of us, your "book" is irrelevant.

There's a difference between coddling and restraint from lethal force in apprehension...just as there's a difference between those who commit crimes and those who are suspected of doing so.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No one has mentioned this, as far as I can tell, but the fact that this officer felt free to engage in such overtly racist and murderous behavior WITH THE SURVEILLANCE CAMERA RUNNING!!!!! says a lot about him and, most probably, about the organization that employs him. Dave
Don't those cameras run automatically as long as the car is running?

It's automatically racist when a white & black person are involved. Circumstances or guilt mean nothing.

I have not been able to view the tape so I don't know why he was stopped. My question is why did he run? Had to have a reason.
He was stopped for speeding and attempted to evade the police in his vehicle before stopping and getting out and running. My guess is that he didn't have car insurance or perhaps the registarion was not up-to-date.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's your opinion. I have mine, irrelevant to you or not. Thank you.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think more than being racist, a lot of cops are just power-tripping assholes. They hate on back people, sure, but they're dicks to pretty much anybody. They treat you as guilty before you're proved so. The majority of the ones I've met are pieces of shit.

this. I get that they have a dangerous job, and from dealing with criminals day in and day out, they lose faith in people in general. Still, they are generally huge assholes and abuse the fuck out of their power.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Probably a likely case in the objective view.

However, in my subjective view of South Carolina (being that I am from there) and knowing that they just took down a sign in 2004 that said "No niggers and dogs allowed", and that they have KKK Stores in the vicinity, and the Confederate Flag waving over the state court house...

...well, without me continuing, let's just say it's hard to be objective about it.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably a likely case in the objective view.

However, in my subjective view of South Carolina (being that I am from there) and knowing that they just took down a sign in 2004 that said "No niggers and dogs allowed", and that they have KKK Stores in the vicinity, and the Confederate Flag waving over the state court house...

...well, without me continuing, let's just say it's hard to be objective about it.

What does any of this have to do with the subject?