A relationship question

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by jameshawket, Jun 9, 2010.

1. jameshawket

jameshawket Member

Albums:
    Hey guys, I thought I get some imput from you all. A few weeks ago I joined this site and met a guy who seemed really cool. We started talking online and quickly exchanged numbers. He's cute, and funny, and all around perfect, the guy I'd like to be with for the rest of my life, the only problem is that he's not really sweet all the time, and he's pretty brief with his words, and I really like a guy who can hold a conversation. I've looked past that though, and I've falled hard for him. Here's the other catch, he lives about two hours away, and while he's admitted to liking me, he called me the other day and said he's having a hard time, because we've yet to meet due to our distance, and he doesn't want to get too attached because he thinks things won't work out. I really like him, and I want it to work out, but I also want to respect that fact that he's afraid. My question, after that whole narrative , is this: Should I keep pursuing him, and hope that someday soon we can meet, or should I just forget about him and move on and hope for something better?

2. ges

ges Member

Albums:
    G'Day James, you seem to have a warning intuition about this guy. To me, he is stalling for some reason. I would be wary. However, two hours is not far away, so meet up and see what happens. Good luck.:smile:

3. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Uhhh, don't you think you might be, um, being a tad too forward? You haven't known him for very long, so it's not that surprising he doesn't want to exactly commit to you.

If he doesn't think things won't work out, then he probably doesn't like you all that much. Forget him, and move on.

4. lopo2000

Gold Member

Yes, I agree with the above poster. Take things slowly, and life knows when it's time for you guys to get serious, well, or not. If he's meant for you, then things will be fine, trust me. I found that, when 'life' decides that it's time for me to meet this certain someone, 'it' will make our paths cross and that's when it might blossom. You just be friends with him. Be fun and casual, and when he needs you, be there for him. I'm sure, if it's right, you'll be lip-locked with him.

5. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    Have you had a serious relationship before? It sounds to me that you know things don't feel right, but you don't want to admit it -- a sign that you might still have some idealistic expectations clouding your judgment. Ask yourself honestly: do you like him for him? Or do you like him for what he symbolizes (a relationship, for example)?

However, given that it's been just a few weeks, you are probably rushing things. Slow down. Don't commit yourself (personally, emotionally, etc.) just yet either. There's nothing worse than missing out on an even better opportunity because you were so committed to and distracted by something else.

6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

if you two haven't met in person, you are really reaching to think he is your forever person. he hasn't even met you and he is backing away... I wouldn't think there is mutual interest. I've been told there's more than one fish in the ocean, but I'm beginning to suspect that there are no fish in the Gulf.

7. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

How can you fall for someone you have never met??:eek:

8. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't think badly about such a crush, but yeah, to call it serious one would have to meet to make it all "official" and "real". Still 2 hours? that's puny... I had a few relationships last months with around 12 hours of distance between me and the girls.... Sure both when nothing and split up, but I don't regret any of them.

James... I suggest you don't let a chance like this go to waste, as said I fought for even more complex, troublesome and hard relationships.

Draft saved Draft deleted